Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Will You Still Be Loyal To The Church of Dickey If Our Savior Is Traded?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 51.72%
  • No

2 6.90%
  • I Couldn't Care Less Either Way

3 10.34%
  • I'm Pro-Dickey (traded or not) But I Don't Belong Nor Care To Belong To The Savior's Church

9 31.03%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    The Church of Davis would be more likely but no.

RA Dickey is the only player I've ever known who is worthy of his own church.

My Vote For 2014 Mets Starting SS.

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Nevah! NEVAH!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3TGbKfkwGA

(Skip to 4:20)

Ok...that one I have never seen LOL.

It would just be nice if a team ACTUALLY showed him the same respect he shows others, I know he's Christian and the whole "Turn the other cheek" philosophy...maybe that's why he has the beard, to hide the slap marks LOL

Do you think this is an intentional ploy by the Mets? Keep Dickey spinning in the off season knowing full well they have him locked up this year and hope he has a decent but NOT overwhelming season(like he did this year...can I get a hallelujah...sorry ok back to my point) so they can offer him another shrub deal(not that I would turn my nose up at 5million...) I just think it seems peculiar that they won't try to lock up their ace cy young winning fan favorite over a few million dollars...It seems odd to me...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DisgruntledGoat View Post
    Ok...that one I have never seen LOL.

It would just be nice if a team ACTUALLY showed him the same respect he shows others, I know he's Christian and the whole "Turn the other cheek" philosophy...maybe that's why he has the beard, to hide the slap marks LOL

Do you think this is an intentional ploy by the Mets? Keep Dickey spinning in the off season knowing full well they have him locked up this year and hope he has a decent but NOT overwhelming season(like he did this year...can I get a hallelujah...sorry ok back to my point) so they can offer him another shrub deal(not that I would turn my nose up at 5million...) I just think it seems peculiar that they won't try to lock up their ace cy young winning fan favorite over a few million dollars...It seems odd to me...
    I don't think there's any secret that the Mets are trying to do what they believe is in their best interests by shopping him around for their best deal. Since Dickey is under contract until 2014, the only thing he can do is just pitch the best he can, for whomever he is playing for, until his contract is up.

But im fairly sure he'd be the first person to tell you that.

To the Mets credit, they haven't given him up for a bag of balls yet. But we'll see how this all plays out sooner rather than later.
    FELLOW SATINISTS INCLUDE:
    FoC, YS, Harry, Zmaster, Gotta, ArkansasMetsFan, KingsnQueens7, The-rock-man, Wrigheyes4MVP, Vendetta, Jim Labruno

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsfaninSTL View Post
    You could do the Sanctuary of Santana.
    no thank you but maybe you?
    FoC, YS, Harry, Zmaster, Gotta, ArkansasMetsFan, KingsnQueens7, The-rock-man, Wrigheyes4MVP, Vendetta, Jim Labruno

vCash
    Well we had better get ready to either root for or root against Dickey because the Mets put up their lame 2/20 offer like I expected. Dickey is a better pitcher at 38 than Oliver Perez was in his late 20's and he at least got offered 12 million per over 3. The guy wins 20 games and the NL Cy Young award and Andy Pettite at least will get 12 million for next season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    Well we had better get ready to either root for or root against Dickey because the Mets put up their lame 2/20 offer like I expected. Dickey is a better pitcher at 38 than Oliver Perez was in his late 20's and he at least got offered 12 million per over 3. The guy wins 20 games and the NL Cy Young award and Andy Pettite at least will get 12 million for next season.
    Well is because Alderson thinks this is still 1991 and well 10 million a year at that time would be like insane amounts of cash money.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Well is because Alderson thinks this is still 1991 and well 10 million a year at that time would be like insane amounts of cash money.
    The man should be doing the Time Warp again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rtkdo7bOmJc

vCash
    Sandy must have worked at WalMart at one point because he's all about rolling back prices.

vCash
    He's probably hoping R.A. would accept four cows, two sheep and the same ******* that rode Ollie out of town.

vCash
    I would actually think that Wright should be more out spoken and critical of what is going on since he is now securely a "Met for life". Like it or not he can sway decisions now and would have the support of the fans for doing so.

vCash
    ... and even if they paid him his asking price, I think they are going about it all wrong. I agree entirely that they can still trade him and he would actually become more valuable with a 3 year contract attached to him.

vCash
    Well if you give him the extension you can't trade him before 6/15 under the CBA. So the Mets are likely going to be patient and let the trade market develop a little more. It's not in their interest to do anything before maybe February. At that point, if they do extend him, they would still then maybe try to market Niese instead.

The Mets probably also know that if Dickey is willing to take 2/26, there's a decent chance he might accept a qualifying offer after the season anyway, which would be something like 1/14. And then assuming Dickey declined that, they could probably offer something like 2/28 and know Dickey wouldn't likely jump elsewhere unless he gets around 3/45.

If a team like the Red Sox (or Rangers) thinks he's worth 3/45 after the season, plus losing their first round pick, wouldn't they be better off dealing for him now when they can maybe part with Jackie Bradley (or Leonys Martin), and have him at 1/5, with a chance to extend him themselves?

If a team is going to like Dickey that much a year removed from his Cy Young season, the Mets ought to be able to get a decent offer for him right now. So far, the market seems to be telling us that other teams like him less than James Shields or even Brett Anderson.

vCash
    I'm still holding out hope we can deal Dickey for Olt and Martin. If they don't re-sign Dickey, it will be a huge distraction, much like Reyes was, and he will definitely not return.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    I'm still holding out hope we can deal Dickey for Olt and Martin. If they don't re-sign Dickey, it will be a huge distraction, much like Reyes was, and he will definitely not return.
    I really want Martin + Sardinas, but Olt + Martin would be almost equally nice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by acerimusdux View Post
    I really want Martin + Sardinas, but Olt + Martin would be almost equally nice.
    Agreed. I like Sardinas a lot. I think as he gets older, he will eventually hit for a little more power and his tools are obvious.

Love that he is a switch hitter too. He's hit very well in the AFL too this year which is inpressive due to his age and competition difference.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123