Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Will You Still Be Loyal To The Church of Dickey If Our Savior Is Traded?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 51.72%
  • No

2 6.90%
  • I Couldn't Care Less Either Way

3 10.34%
  • I'm Pro-Dickey (traded or not) But I Don't Belong Nor Care To Belong To The Savior's Church

9 31.03%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    vCash

To Dickey Or Not To Dickey - The Church Of Dickey

It's been a long time since my last thread. I wanted something different rather than the same overkill talk about fantasy trades and minor leaguers.

I am a proud member of the Church of Dickey. And, yes to my do dismay, I believe our Saviour will be traded shortly, especially since Zach Greinke's signing with the Dodgers.

So, will you still follow not only a terrific pitcher whose talents are still very productive, but also a fine human being and clubhouse leader.

I know at this point in time we need to seriously consider moving one of our few precious assets. I understand we have major weaknesses. But, I am not happy about moving him.

Assuming the Church of Dickey remains (I have not consulted His Bishopness FoC on his thoughts, but assume the Church remains) after R.A. is dealt, , will you still follow him and would you root for him when he pitches vs. us?

For me it's a no-brainer, when he pitches against us I want to see him pitch a perfect game.

My LA Kings Have Won Two In Three Years, When Will My NY Mets Win Their Next One?

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since 1987
    Los Angeles Kings 2012 and 2014 Stanley Cup Champions -
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

vCash
    You are obviously a zealot. I admire, respect and genuinely like R.A., but worship is not in my makeup. I'm not a religious guy anyway. Assuming he is traded to an AL team, I will root hard for him every time he takes the mound, unless we face him in the post season. I'll rejoice in his future successes and mourn his failures. I'd absolutely love to see him win another CY in the AL. Viva la Dickey!
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

vCash
    Yeah i don't think there is any contentious for anyone in this situation besides the Wilpons not wanting to build around newly re-signed Dickey and Wright.

They could find an Olt or Leonys Martin like piece in FA between now and 2014, it's just they have made lowering payroll a top priority.

Dickey is 38 and doesn't fit the mold of the younger guys we are turning to. It's a miscalculation because in terms of knuckleballer years he could still be quite successful for a significant period of time but it is what it is.

I think my sentiments are similar to most, i will thank him for everything he did as a Met and root for him whatever AL team he plays for except when he is up against us. And if that team comes to Citi Field next year i will stand up and cheer for him like i did when i saw the first game with Reyes back this year.

But make no mistake about it, the team comes before any player regardless of how popular that player was in a Met's uniform.
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-10-2012 at 12:48 AM.

vCash

To Dickey Or Not To Dickey - The Church Of Dickey

We can refer to the time after his trade as AD (After Dickey)
    Of course we will still follow every start!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dunbummin View Post
    You are obviously a zealot. I admire, respect and genuinely like R.A., but worship is not in my makeup. I'm not a religious guy anyway. Assuming he is traded to an AL team, I will root hard for him every time he takes the mound, unless we face him in the post season. I'll rejoice in his future successes and mourn his failures. I'd absolutely love to see him win another CY in the AL. Viva la Dickey!
    NL or AL for me. He will pitch well in either league.

By the way dun, I still follow one of my all-time favorite Mets in Carlos Beltran, the greatest CF in Mets history.

My LA Kings Have Won Two In Three Years, When Will My NY Mets Win Their Next One?

Mets Dieharder Since '63

vCash
    I don't want him to get traded, we can go out and sign a Cory Hart next year for 3 yrs/45 mil along w/ a Kendry or Gomez for 10 mil per year and still have a payroll that's 90 mil(maybe even 70 mil, assuming we retain all of our young players). W/ that said, I was still root for him, and wish him the best.
    For the best sports gifs and memes visit
    http://aviewfromthebleachers.tumblr.com/

vCash
    Say we deal Dickey for Olt and Martin: You fill in two outfield spots and create even more flexibility in payroll moving forward. That means we could sign a guy like Aaron Hill to play 2B who would be a HUGE upgrade over Murphy. All of a sudden more moves are able to be made, just because we have even more money to spend, plus we get younger.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Say we deal Dickey for Olt and Martin: You fill in two outfield spots and create even more flexibility in payroll moving forward. That means we could sign a guy like Aaron Hill to play 2B who would be a HUGE upgrade over Murphy. All of a sudden more moves are able to be made, just because we have even more money to spend, plus we get younger.
    YS, I understand what you are saying. But, also keep in my mind any "major league" ready rookie we receive may not be major league ready.

For some reason, I keep on thinking what Minnesota received from us in the Santana trade. Phillip Humber pitched a no-no (not with Minn.), but has been mediocre overall at best. Carlos Gomez (Brewers) plays fairly often, but he too is average at best. Deolis Guerra was supposed to be a hot shot pitching prospect and I think he's in the minors and Kevin Mulvey I believe is not in baseball.

Either way, you get my drift. Just because a minor leaguer is highly touted doesn't mean he will be successful in the bigs. That's why, if traded, an established young hitter would be better.

Losing Dickey will more than likely be the final kick in the gut to fans that can only expect the 27th consecutive year of not winning a WS......

Our staff without R.A. will be weakened considerably too, hoping and praying some of the younger guys will step it up. Plus, we have no proven quality depth for an entire season.

R.A. is one of those baseball players that I respect both as a winning, Cy Young pitcher and as a man......

Mets Dieharder Since '63

vCash
    Never have been part of the CoD, but if he is traded, I will support him 100%.

vCash
    I dont go to church, and I won't root for Dickey if dealt.

Out of sight, out of mind. I thought I might root for Reyes last year, but I forgot all about him once the season started. I figure the same would happen with RA.
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash
    On MLB Extra Innings you get every game of every team. Last year during the early season I watched some Marlins games to see Reyes. That wore off by May. Probably will be the same thing with Dickey.

vCash
    I always feel an attachment to former players I liked before, (Beltran, Reyes, and Pagan cone to mind) so I assume I'll be watchig Dickey highlights often when I can.

vCash

The Bishop Speaks

Thanks for the thread Paulie. It is a question that has been weighing heavily on my mind for a while now, and as the talks/rumors intesifies, it is an issue that has to be addressed, sooner rather than later.

The C of D: To Be Or Not To Be.

As much as it pains me, the answer is simple: If Robert Allen Dickey is traded, the C of D must close. Speaking strictly for myself, I cannot honor a player from another team in such a fashion, no matter how deeply respect that player.

Obviously RA Dickey will always have a special place in my heart. He will always remain one of my favorite players of all time, and indeed my favorite Met of all time.

I'll always root for him when he's not pitching against us. I'll always cheer for him whenever I see him, even when he's in Citi Field wearing a different uniform. I've always respected greatness. I cheered Henry Aaron when he came into Shea. To me, it will be no different when RA pays us a visit.

But the C of D will be no longer.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    I'll root for RA as he is pretty unique and admirable in several respects. Except when he plays the Mets.

vCash
    I hope no one is contemplating anything drastic like suicide or suspicious packages to the front office,

Let's all take a deep breath.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast