Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    I always fear the Steelers more than most NE fans it seems like. I'm pretty sure you can find threads over the past 3-4 years here where I'm talking about how Pitt is the one AFC playoff team that scares me the most. Perhaps I was ultimately wrong about that...I don't know.

But this year, for once, I don't feel too threatened. So watch this be the year they finally beat us. I mean, they still have a dominating defense. They still have Ben. Their O-Line has actually been solid this year. They have pass-catching threats. The run game is a bit meh, but still. They still have all the pieces, but for one reason or another they haven't been able to get it going. Maybe it is purely injuries, who knows?

But this year they don't terrify me. Too many bad losses (at home even). No super duper impressive win (@ NYG is pretty solid, but they're fickle). They haven't blown too many teams out. It just always has been a struggle.

But I do think they squeak into the 6th spot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HaruSoul View Post
    Any team can beat any team on any day.
    This is false.

There is no way in hell the Eagles can beat the Bucs yesterday. Guaranteed. No way it will happen.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    This is false.

There is no way in hell the Eagles can beat the Bucs yesterday. Guaranteed. No way it will happen.
    It's just principle.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    It's just principle.
    It's the principality if the principle my brother. Grab you racks boi, did **** just got realz. You heard?
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthSideRookie View Post
    "The Steelers only lose on the road to ****** teams" according to her. Also "good teams don't get blown at home" much less by the almighty Chargers.
    Well she guaranteed you that you were going to lose big tonight, you didnt like it so you cried and cried. Now shes telling you that your going to lose your first playoff game, shes going to be right again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    based on what? it looks to me that it depends who the bengals lose too. they would be tied down to the conference record, and the next tie breaker is Stregnth of vicotry, which we wont know until season end
    If the Jets, Bengals, and Steelers are all 9-7 with the Bengals beating the Steelers in week 16, the Jets would be in the playoffs as the 6 seed because the Bengals would cover up the Steelers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    Jets have to win out and hope for both the Steelers and Bengals to lose two of their last three games.
    Not true. Jets have tie-breaker over Bengals. Also, another long shot, but if the Colts lose out (Texans, Chiefs, Texans) and Jets win out, Jets get the nod even if Cinci or Pittsburgh lose out.

All that said, Jets are not making the playoffs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jrm2054 View Post
    No I'm saying this team is solid and would have probably won both games against the ravens had Ben played.
    The loss to the browns shouldn't be held against them since it was a 3rd string Qb who couldn't throw ten yards add in 8 turnovers ad a 3 point loss is actually not bad. I guarentee had Ben played that browns game would have been a W.
    but that is what ifs.
    It doesnt change e act that with ben they lost to a bad raiders team and a bad chargers team.
    The facts are we beat the bengals already this year healthy for the most part, and I see no reason we won't again if we play like we did the first game.
    nbo you can't. you just lost to the chargers with ben, so you cant assume they would have betaen the browns, who are playing pretty good recently actually. your point is simply wrong. you can't say we should have no problem with cincy because you beat them, but then say cleveland isnt a problem. the 8 turnover thing for the browns games is not irrevlanet, because batch only accounted for 3. you still turned the ball over 5 additional times.

simple as this, pitt is not polaying well as of late. they are not playing a like a solid team and do not have an easy road to the playoffs at the moment. when you lsoe some of the games and ways they lost, no game should be considered easy.
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    If the Jets, Bengals, and Steelers are all 9-7 with the Bengals beating the Steelers in week 16, the Jets would be in the playoffs as the 6 seed because the Bengals would cover up the Steelers.
    no. i just ran it through the NFL playoff machine on espen and it has the bengals in

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bucktownanalyst View Post
    Not true. Jets have tie-breaker over Bengals. Also, another long shot, but if the Colts lose out (Texans, Chiefs, Texans) and Jets win out, Jets get the nod even if Cinci or Pittsburgh lose out.

All that said, Jets are not making the playoffs.
    how do the jets have the tie breaker ove rthe bengals? if they finish 9-7 they could have the same divison and conference record, so it comes down to SOV and SOS, two variable stats. jets do not have the tie breakers automatically ina three way tie situation

vCash
    no. i just ran it through the NFL playoff machine on espen and it has the bengals in

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine
    I just did it and if all 3 are 9-7, the Steelers are in, if just the Jets and Bengals are 9-7, it has the Jets in.

how do the jets have the tie breaker ove rthe bengals? if they finish 9-7 they could have the same divison and conference record, so it comes down to SOV and SOS, two variable stats. jets do not have the tie breakers automatically ina three way tie situation
    Jets should have both over the Bengals. I just ran a sim on the ESPN playoff predictor machine where the Jets, Bengals, and Colts all end up 9-7 (Steelers 8-8) and I did it so all the Bengals opponents won as many games as possible, and it has the Jets as the 5 seed and Bengals as the 6th seed.

I could be wrong but I have yet to see anything that says otherwise. Like I said, I doubt either scenario happens.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bucktownanalyst View Post
    I just did it and if all 3 are 9-7, the Steelers are in, if just the Jets and Bengals are 9-7, it has the Jets in.

Jets should have both over the Bengals. I just ran a sim on the ESPN playoff predictor machine where the Jets, Bengals, and Colts all end up 9-7 (Steelers 8-8) and I did it so all the Bengals opponents won as many games as possible, and it has the Jets as the 5 seed and Bengals as the 6th seed.

I could be wrong but I have yet to see anything that says otherwise. Like I said, I doubt either scenario happens.
    it comes down to SOS and SOV, so it depends what other teams do is my point. it also depends on which games teams lose. for example lsoing to the eagles is fine for the bengla,s but losing to the ravens would screw them. no one has any tie breaker at this point. and the colts being at 9-7 throws another monkey wrench in it that mine did not. i ran it where the bengals steelers and jets were all 9-7 and the bengals were the team that were in.

vCash
    it comes down to SOS and SOV, so it depends what other teams do is my point. it also depends on which games teams lose. for example lsoing to the eagles is fine for the bengla,s but losing to the ravens would screw them. no one has any tie breaker at this point. and the colts being at 9-7 throws another monkey wrench in it that mine did not. i ran it where the bengals steelers and jets were all 9-7 and the bengals were the team that were in.
    You must have had the Bengals losing to the Eagles instead of the Ravens.

vCash
    Good catch. So in the grand scheme of things, the Bengals-Eagles game doesn't hold much water. Whether they win or lose, it's the last two games that matter.

There's also still a way the Jets get in over the Steelers if both are 9-7, if the Steelers lose to the Bengals and the Colts lose out.

A lot of things can happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenecaValley46 View Post
    Well she guaranteed you that you were going to lose big tonight, you didnt like it so you cried and cried. Now shes telling you that your going to lose your first playoff game, shes going to be right again.
    Right just like I said already, you've been wrong about the Texans since last year and finally you got one right which I even kinda agreed with. Sad thing is judging from previous post I gather you're a grown woman, grow up lady.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    That kid is just a troll. He's just upset that the rockets have spent all this money trying to buy a championship and they're still not as good as the Mavs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Starks View Post
    I'd rather have Kawhi Leonard....T Ross.... Aaron Afflalo..... Lance Stephenson....Bradley Beal....Wes Matthews....*

All over Harden. Easy.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast