Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenecaValley46 View Post

This is to just get a reaction out of Steelers fans. No one on this site is that unintelligent.

The Steelers are actually in position to take that spot now, and by no means have to work miracles to get it. They just need to beat the Bengals at home, and Browns at home to clinch. By no means a really difficult task
    beating cincy actually is if you cant beat the chargers. and how cna you say the browns arent a difficult task, you lost to them already
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    It in all honesty comes down to two games in reality. But obviously if the Bengals lose to the Steelers than all is lost. But the divisonal games between the Ravens and Bengals, and Steelers and Browns could be just as significant to each team if the bengals beat the Steelers in week 16.

1.Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
    Steelers 1-0

2.Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
    Steelers 2-2, Bengals 1-3

3.Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
    Both 5-3

4.Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
    Bengals 5-5, Steelers 4-6

5.Strength of victory.
    Couldnt find a measure of this.

6.Strength of schedule.
    NFL.com had them tied for 14th

7.Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
    Bengals 5th in PTS/G, 7th PTS/Allw, Steelers 9th in PTS/G, 3rd in PTS/Allw

8.Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
    Bengals 11th in PTS/G, 14th PTS/Allw, Steelers 21th in PTS/G, 7th in PTS/Allw

9.Best net points in common games.
    Bengals 26, Steelers 22

10.Best net points in all games.
    Bengals 41, Steelers 14

11.Best net touchdowns in all games.
    Bengals 36, Steelers 29

12.Coin toss
    Undecided
    Philadelphia Flyers Philadelphia Phillies
    Seattle Seahawks Cincinnati Bengals
    Phoenix Suns
    Notre Dame Fighting Irish Kansas Jayhawks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenecaValley46 View Post
    Cincy has to beat Pitt, Baltimore, and Philly then hope Pitt loses to Cleveland in Pittsburgh with the playoffs on the line in order to get in.

They need a lot to happen.
    no, they actually only need to beat pitt and baltimore (and that baltimore game might not mean anything to the ravens) if pitt wins 2 but loses to cincy, and cincy beats b-more and pitt, they'd be tied record wise, tied divsion record wise and it falls to the conference record where pitt would be 5-7 and the bengals would be 7-5.

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinnsanity View Post
    I think you got the tiebreakers wrong. If the Jets and Bengals finish 9-7 and the Steelers finish 8-8 the Jets get in. The Jets have the tiebreaker over the Bengals, so if the Bengals lose to the Ravens and win their other two the Jets would have the tiebreaker.
    based on what? it looks to me that it depends who the bengals lose too. they would be tied down to the conference record, and the next tie breaker is Stregnth of vicotry, which we wont know until season end

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    beating cincy actually is if you cant beat the chargers. and how cna you say the browns arent a difficult task, you lost to them already
    "The Steelers only lose on the road to ****** teams" according to her. Also "good teams don't get blown at home" much less by the almighty Chargers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    That kid is just a troll. He's just upset that the rockets have spent all this money trying to buy a championship and they're still not as good as the Mavs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Starks View Post
    I'd rather have Kawhi Leonard....T Ross.... Aaron Afflalo..... Lance Stephenson....Bradley Beal....Wes Matthews....*

All over Harden. Easy.

vCash
    Bengals game next week against the Eagles means nothing.
    Bengals beat the Steelers
    Bengals lose to the Ravens

Steelers lose to the Cowboys
    Steelers lose to the Bengals
    Steelers game against the Browns means nothing.

Jets win out.

That's the only way I see the Jets making it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    With the way they are playing, yes, yes it is a difficult task. You better hope Philly can upset Cinci.
    No need. Take a look at ESPN's playoff scenario generator and follow these instructions:

1. Observe the current #6 seed in the AFC.
    2. Select the Steelers to beat the Bengals in Week 16.
    3. Select the Bengals to beat the Eagles in Week 15 and the Ravens in Week 17.
    4. Select the Jets to beat all three of their remaining opponents.
    5. Select the Steelers to beat the Cowboys in Week 15 and lose to the Browns in Week 17. Observe the #6 seed in the AFC.
    6. Select the Steelers to lose to the Cowboys in Week 15 and beat the Browns in Week 17. Observe the #6 seed in the AFC.

If the Bengals lose to the Steelers but beat their other two opponents, then they're out, period, unless the Steelers lose both of their other games.
    "...more talking went on between us all until [Roethlisberger and his entourage] left the bar. Then I seperated with [name redacted] and the other girls and went with another group, and everything else happened, and I was told about it this morning and felt I needed to give my statement. Looking back and hearing all of the details, it seems to me that it was a set-up, and so I think this needed to be told."

-Victoria Garofalo, Zeta Tau Alpha sorority sister, in a statement to the GBI

vCash
    It's cute you still think the Steelers have a chance.
    This is a pretty dumb comment.

It really comes down to whoever wins that Cincy game. Yeah, Pittsburgh looked awful yesterday, but that game is at home. If they handle that game, and then win against either Dallas or Cleveland, they're in. They don't need to rely on Philly like you said.

So of course they have a chance.
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash
    Considering they already beat Cincy I wouldn't say it is super hard. The fact is this steelers team is very up and down beating the ravens with a 3rd string Qb and losing by 3 with a 2nd string. Losing to the raiders and browns (with a back up)
    I think they beat Cincy which they already have and beat the browns which would have been a blowout if Ben had played the first time so it isn't a super rough path

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    This is a pretty dumb comment.

It really comes down to whoever wins that Cincy game. Yeah, Pittsburgh looked awful yesterday, but that game is at home. If they handle that game, and then win against either Dallas or Cleveland, they're in. They don't need to rely on Philly like you said.

So of course they have a chance.
    Let me rephrase what I said.

Pittsburgh is not a playoff caliber team right now. Better? Sure, they COULD get in, but I don't see them as a team that could do anything while they are there.

Could I be wrong, of course. Is it just my opinion, of course.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash

Pittsburgh is not a playoff caliber team right now. Better? Sure, they COULD get in, but I don't see them as a team that could do anything while they are there.

Well, if what you meant by "have a chance" was making a playoff run, then yeah, I'd agree. But the thread is about making the playoffs, and I'd imagine (and we'll see what football outsiders say) their odds are close to or over 50%.
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jrm2054 View Post
    Considering they already beat Cincy I wouldn't say it is super hard. The fact is this steelers team is very up and down beating the ravens with a 3rd string Qb and losing by 3 with a 2nd string. Losing to the raiders and browns (with a back up)
    I think they beat Cincy which they already have and beat the browns which would have been a blowout if Ben had played the first time so it isn't a super rough path
    this contradicts itself. the ravens beat them and then lost to them as you said because they are up and down, but the bengals are an easy win? and using that logic, you should lose to the browns again. you cant have that both ways

vCash

It depends how they play. I admit they have been a yoyo this year. On their best day they can beat Houston, New England.
    Then on a bad day they can lose to the raiders, chargers.
    I don't really count the browns game that was without Ben and with 8 turnovers still only losing by 3 so I don't think the game week 17 against them will be a problem.

vCash
    this contradicts itself. the ravens beat them and then lost to them as you said because they are up and down, but the bengals are an easy win? and using that logic, you should lose to the browns again. you cant have that both ways
    No I'm saying this team is solid and would have probably won both games against the ravens had Ben played.
    The loss to the browns shouldn't be held against them since it was a 3rd string Qb who couldn't throw ten yards add in 8 turnovers ad a 3 point loss is actually not bad. I guarentee had Ben played that browns game would have been a W.
    but that is what ifs.
    It doesnt change e act that with ben they lost to a bad raiders team and a bad chargers team.
    The facts are we beat the bengals already this year healthy for the most part, and I see no reason we won't again if we play like we did the first game.

vCash
    Any team can beat any team on any day.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast