Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Arrow Competition for the final playoff spot in the AFC

Five of the six playoff spots in the AFC are all but mathematically secure. Expect the Texans, Patriots, Broncos, Ravens and Colts to make it. That leaves one playoff spot left. After tinkering with ESPN's playoff scenario generator, I've determined the following...

The Steelers clinch a playoff berth with:

- A win over the Bengals AND the Cowboys OR Browns
    - Wins over the Cowboys AND Browns PLUS Bengals losses to the Eagles AND Ravens

The Bengals clinch a playoff berth with:

- A win over the Steelers AND the Eagles OR Ravens
    - Wins over the Eagles AND Ravens PLUS Steelers losses to the Cowboys AND Browns

The Jets clinch a playoff berth with:

- Wins over the Titans, Chargers AND Bills PLUS Steelers losses to ANY TWO of the Cowboys, Bengals and Browns PLUS Bengals losses to ANY TWO of the Eagles, Steelers and Browns

Realistically, it comes down to the Steelers and Bengals. The Dolphins, Browns, Chargers and Bills each have eight losses, and the Jets have to win out and hope for both the Steelers and Bengals to lose two of their last three games.

Sadly, I'm not sure that any of these teams even deserve to make the playoffs.
    Last edited by DBR96A; 12-10-2012 at 12:32 AM.
    "...more talking went on between us all until [Roethlisberger and his entourage] left the bar. Then I seperated with [name redacted] and the other girls and went with another group, and everything else happened, and I was told about it this morning and felt I needed to give my statement. Looking back and hearing all of the details, it seems to me that it was a set-up, and so I think this needed to be told."

-Victoria Garofalo, Zeta Tau Alpha sorority sister, in a statement to the GBI

vCash
    It's cute you still think the Steelers have a chance.
    All I do is hit. I even hit your mother once. Yep, hit it good.

vCash
    winner of steelers bengals game next week takes the last spot
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 11 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals (May 2014)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    It's cute you think they don't, considering a) they still control the #6 seed in the AFC, b) the Bengals blew a golden opportunity to take control of their fate.

When the Giants lost at home to the Redskins last Week 15 and fell to 7-7, you probably told Giants fans that you thought it was cute they thought they still had a chance.
    "...more talking went on between us all until [Roethlisberger and his entourage] left the bar. Then I seperated with [name redacted] and the other girls and went with another group, and everything else happened, and I was told about it this morning and felt I needed to give my statement. Looking back and hearing all of the details, it seems to me that it was a set-up, and so I think this needed to be told."

-Victoria Garofalo, Zeta Tau Alpha sorority sister, in a statement to the GBI

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    It's cute you think they don't, considering a) they still control the #6 seed in the AFC, b) the Bengals blew a golden opportunity to take control of their fate.

When the Giants lost at home to the Redskins last Week 15 and fell to 7-7, you probably told Giants fans that you thought it was cute they thought they still had a chance.
    the bengals do control their fate.................
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 11 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals (May 2014)

vCash
    Its crazy how the jets even playing terrible football have a chance.... Being a jets fan it still blows my mind. Pretty cool though!

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash

This is to just get a reaction out of Steelers fans. No one on this site is that unintelligent.

The Steelers are actually in position to take that spot now, and by no means have to work miracles to get it. They just need to beat the Bengals at home, and Browns at home to clinch. By no means a really difficult task

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenecaValley46 View Post

This is to just get a reaction out of Steelers fans. No one on this site is that unintelligent.

The Steelers are actually in position to take that spot now, and by no means have to work miracles to get it. They just need to beat the Bengals at home, and Browns at home to clinch. By no means a really difficult task
    With the way they are playing, yes, yes it is a difficult task. You better hope Philly can upset Cinci.

vCash
    I'll laugh my *** off if they don't make it after all the crap I took this year for saying ANYTHING negative about PIT.
    When I asked how a Manziel fan could bash Bridgewater's size.

Quote Originally Posted by flgatorsandjags View Post
    Manziel is shorter than Teddy but he has size 15 feet
    Yeah...it's that bad.

vCash
    Cincy has to beat Pitt, Baltimore, and Philly then hope Pitt loses to Cleveland in Pittsburgh with the playoffs on the line in order to get in.

They need a lot to happen.

vCash
    Browns take it. Browns win out. Steelers beat Cincinnati but lose against Dallas and Cleveland. Bengals lose to Pittsburgh and Baltimore. Cleveland wins the #6 seed.

It's gonna happen. Browns are getting hot at the right time. Sarcasm

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky. View Post
    Browns take it. Browns win out. Steelers beat Cincinnati but lose against Dallas and Cleveland. Bengals lose to Pittsburgh and Baltimore. Cleveland wins the #6 seed.

It's gonna happen. Browns are getting hot at the right time. Sarcasm
    Lololol

So glad I replied to this.

Yeah...it's that bad.

vCash
    Like, serious?

vCash
    I think you got the tiebreakers wrong. If the Jets and Bengals finish 9-7 and the Steelers finish 8-8 the Jets get in. The Jets have the tiebreaker over the Bengals, so if the Bengals lose to the Ravens and win their other two the Jets would have the tiebreaker.
    We're better than you
    And we know it

vCash
    Like, serious?
    He had white text that said sarcasm

Yeah...it's that bad.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast