Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hoggin88 View Post
    Don't care whether they did or didn't. They have the right to score as much as they want.
    yep

vCash
    Lmao these fools that are complaining are ignorant, we could have had 80 on them if we wanted to run up the score, there isn't much we can do when we are playing our back ups in and they still crap on the Cards
    Seattle Seahawks- New Orleans Pelicans- Atlanta Braves- Anaheim Ducks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 34_for_life View Post
    Not true. Played sports in the States, Canada, and Britain. It's always been an unwritten rule not to run up the score.

I don't know, but they are playing awful right now.
    Care to elaborate on which sports these are.....

I know its not football (soccer) as they have goal difference.

Every sport in my country uses a goal differential of some sort. (Aussie Rules, Rugby League. Union, Soccer)

I think your talking nonsense, its is pretty much an exclusive American thing or canadian.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan = Donkey View Post
    Care to elaborate on which sports these are.....

I know its not football (soccer) as they have goal difference.

Every sport in my country uses a goal differential of some sort. (Aussie Rules, Rugby League. Union, Soccer)

I think your talking nonsense, its is pretty much an exclusive American thing or canadian.
    I played baseball and hockey competitively and I now coach baseball and football. I played in a soccer tournament in England and there was no doubt they let up on us. Their is no point differential in the NFL otherwise it would be understandable.

That said, I didn't see the Seahawk game so I can't make a judgement call. I would expect a team to start taking a knee in the middle of the 3rd quarter. But if theyre airing it out late in the 4th, the uproar is probably warranted.

Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    maybe in high school. complaining about it at the professional level is weak sauce though.
    No its still an unwritten rule in pro sports. It is weak complaining about it though, I agree.
    Last edited by 34_for_life; 12-12-2012 at 09:07 AM.
    "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."
    —Arthur Schopenhauer (German philosopher, 1788-1860)

vCash
    I scored 100 against them in Madden last night.

OK Nick, you see that over there? That's what used to be of our playoff chances.

My name is Mark Sanchez. I am here to screw you over.

vCash
    Do you see what Cincinnati is doing against the Eagles. Running the ball every single play with 7 minutes to go. But hey Seattle could've scored 80 "If they really wanted to".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thephoenixson28 View Post
    Do you see what Cincinnati is doing against the Eagles. Running the ball every single play with 7 minutes to go. But hey Seattle could've scored 80 "If they really wanted to".
    The Cardinals gave up 38 points in the 1st half and we only threw the ball 11 times the 2nd half we ran the ball 40 times.

Probably could of broken the record for most points in a game if we were trying to run up the score.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 34_for_life View Post
    I played baseball and hockey competitively and I now coach baseball and football. I played in a soccer tournament in England and there was no doubt they let up on us. Their is no point differential in the NFL otherwise it would be understandable.

That said, I didn't see the Seahawk game so I can't make a judgement call. I would expect a team to start taking a knee in the middle of the 3rd quarter. But if theyre airing it out late in the 4th, the uproar is probably warranted.

No its still an unwritten rule in pro sports. It is weak complaining about it though, I agree.
    maybe in american pro sports, go find me an example of a coach or manager complaining about a team continuing to score when their team is getting hammered, outside of the usa/canada in the sports i listed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thephoenixson28 View Post
    You made two points that are irrelevant to each other....?
    Seattle Seahawks- New Orleans Pelicans- Atlanta Braves- Anaheim Ducks

vCash
    Its prosports not little league. If you cant stop the other team, you should get embarrassed.

Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    vCash
    I don't think Seattle would risk injury on key guys in a game that had already subbed their 2s in. Maybe they just wanted to get the back ups some work. Pretty sure Lynch would've got more then 11 carries if they were trying to run it up. Of course, maybe they had to rest him because he got tired on all those long runs.

If you don't want them scoring, stop them.

vCash
    The Seattle roster is loaded with a slew of inhuman individuals. They played as if they had the Seattle defense in their fantasy league. How a group of individuals can find it in their hearts to run up the score like that is beyond me. Selfish, inconsiderate and apathetic are just a few of the surplus of words I am using to describe the team. I hope they get fined by Roger Goodell.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan = Donkey View Post
    maybe in american pro sports, go find me an example of a coach or manager complaining about a team continuing to score when their team is getting hammered, outside of the usa/canada in the sports i listed.
    Sure. Maybe I misspoke (or mistyped). But yes in North American pro sports its an unwritten rule. As I've said I have limited experience both watching and playing sports outside this continent. Hard to run up the score in soccer/football when most games are decided by 1 or 2 goals. You would have a much better frame of reference then I would in this matter. It is so ingrained in our culture both in Canada and the States that I assumed it was world wide.

Again I did not see the game but my take is this: Point differential does not count so what is the point of scoring more once the game is out of hand other than to embarass your opponent?
    "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."
    —Arthur Schopenhauer (German philosopher, 1788-1860)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny642 View Post
    You made two points that are irrelevant to each other....?
    Last edited by The Bard; 12-14-2012 at 01:10 PM.

vCash
    It's going to be fun when Cardinals pay back the favor.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast