Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How sure are you that the Lakers make the playoffs?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very sure

5 31.25%
  • Fo sho

0 0%
  • unsure

5 31.25%
  • sure as a pickle

1 6.25%
  • No way man!! Game over man!! Game over!!

5 31.25%
Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    vCash

vCash

hi

Quote Originally Posted by GailGoodrich View Post
    First, 90% of the people on this forum hit the panic button more than they clock in for work.

Second, you don't hit the panic button when 40% of your starting line-up and 33% of your best nine players are not playing.

Third, nothing is going to be done until the team gets healthy and sees where it's at. And even then I don't see a big move before the trade deadline.

But if it makes you feel better to freak out, I think you've made a consistent case here that nobody is ever going to be able to stop you.
    i respect your opinion and have enjoyed your posts. but on this particular issues i have to respectively agree to disagree.

to your 2nd point - 40% of starting lineup not playing. when pau did play this year he has sucked. even the game he almost got a triple double he still sucked b/c that game he gave up 23 pts to lopez. he can't play any defense at all. he can't guard a single PF in the league. now we learn he's hurt. so i can cut him a little slack.

as for nash we all know he plays no defense. so if anything our defense is better with these 2 players out. so when they do return if anything out defense will get worse not better!

pau gets 20 mil a year when d12 is out of the game he doesn't try to post up or demand the ball, doesn't try to rebound with 2 hands, doesn't box out, he passes too much needs to shoot more instead of passing, doesn't run the floor. so if he gives nothing on defense and nothing on offense why keep him? at least j.hill can play hard rebound and play defense and put back the layups. pau can't even make a layup. one game he got blocked like 5 times he's 7 ft tall and can't even dunk. not to mention he cries like a baby instead of running back on defense wants to complain to the refs. like kobe said "put your big boy pants on (pau)."

i think in phoenix without nash mike had a .300 win percentage so we're lucky to be just under .500 don't quote me on those stats. but with nash think his win percentage jumped to .800 or so. just guessing a little so these are not factual numbers just general.

a good team with just kobe and d12 should beat non playoff teams. how many times has miami sat wade and bosh and they win. so we can't make excuses like 40% of our starters are out. pau only makes us a worse team. he has been terrible this year. all the pau butt kissers don't want to admit it but he has been a serious issue. part of it is not his fault he's forced to shoot jumpers instead of post shots. but even when d12 is out of the game he doesn't try to get in the post. when he's fed the ball in the post he passes it like a hot potato.

ok lets say pau gets the ball at the high post instead of settling for a jump shot why not take 2 dribbles and either dunk it yourself or draw the defense and lob dunk to d12. or let d12 post up and feed him. oh and pau doesn't even follow his shot either. he's just been a disaster.

9-12 it is time to panic. i thought we are the 5th best team in the west behind thunder, spurs, grizzlies, clippers, but we might be on verge of just barely making the playoffs at this clip and get ousted via first round thunder sweep.

we need a backup SF that can come off the bench and score and defend. and need a real backup PG. if pau does get moved we don't need another PF we already have jamison and j.hill. what we need is help at SF and PG

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thenaj17 View Post
    Please instead of asking this question as if Kobe is the problem, watch the games and realise that he is having to take shots as others are bricking or turning the ball over relentlessly.

Kobe and Metta are the only 2 trying to make things happen this year.

The 1st 2 minutes last night, Kobe didn't take a shot...and we didn't score a single point. It should give you a good indication why Kobe is shooting so much
    THANK YOU!!! I'm tired of people claiming Kobe is the problem. All he wants to do is win. He tries to get others involved most games. If he shoots too much some games, it's a bi-product of having mentally weak players on our team and he goes into savior mode. Last night we hit a ton of 3 pointers, we should have won by 15 with our offense. It seemed as if Utah was shooting 90%. We could not stop a team crappy team on our own floor. D'Antoni needs to address the defense in a serious way.

vCash
    <3

lakers4sho | Chavacano | EricBallsachs | Avenged24 | still1ballin | GREATNESS ONE | Chacarron
    LakersMaster24 | KB-Pau-DH2012 | 8kobe24 | championships | Lakers+Giants | LakerShow
    AussieLaker | YouCan'tBeatLA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LakerRaffy View Post
    wonder what the F.O. is thinkin now?
    Probably the same thing these two are
    http://bit.ly/UxK5oq

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by handle View Post
    Probably the same thing these two are
    http://bit.ly/UxK5oq

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mufridaz View Post
    i respect your opinion and have enjoyed your posts. but on this particular issues i have to respectively agree to disagree.

to your 2nd point - 40% of starting lineup not playing. when pau did play this year he has sucked. even the game he almost got a triple double he still sucked b/c that game he gave up 23 pts to lopez. he can't play any defense at all. he can't guard a single PF in the league. now we learn he's hurt. so i can cut him a little slack.

as for nash we all know he plays no defense. so if anything our defense is better with these 2 players out. so when they do return if anything out defense will get worse not better!

pau gets 20 mil a year when d12 is out of the game he doesn't try to post up or demand the ball, doesn't try to rebound with 2 hands, doesn't box out, he passes too much needs to shoot more instead of passing, doesn't run the floor. so if he gives nothing on defense and nothing on offense why keep him? at least j.hill can play hard rebound and play defense and put back the layups. pau can't even make a layup. one game he got blocked like 5 times he's 7 ft tall and can't even dunk. not to mention he cries like a baby instead of running back on defense wants to complain to the refs. like kobe said "put your big boy pants on (pau)."

i think in phoenix without nash mike had a .300 win percentage so we're lucky to be just under .500 don't quote me on those stats. but with nash think his win percentage jumped to .800 or so. just guessing a little so these are not factual numbers just general.

a good team with just kobe and d12 should beat non playoff teams. how many times has miami sat wade and bosh and they win. so we can't make excuses like 40% of our starters are out. pau only makes us a worse team. he has been terrible this year. all the pau butt kissers don't want to admit it but he has been a serious issue. part of it is not his fault he's forced to shoot jumpers instead of post shots. but even when d12 is out of the game he doesn't try to get in the post. when he's fed the ball in the post he passes it like a hot potato.

ok lets say pau gets the ball at the high post instead of settling for a jump shot why not take 2 dribbles and either dunk it yourself or draw the defense and lob dunk to d12. or let d12 post up and feed him. oh and pau doesn't even follow his shot either. he's just been a disaster.

9-12 it is time to panic. i thought we are the 5th best team in the west behind thunder, spurs, grizzlies, clippers, but we might be on verge of just barely making the playoffs at this clip and get ousted via first round thunder sweep.

we need a backup SF that can come off the bench and score and defend. and need a real backup PG. if pau does get moved we don't need another PF we already have jamison and j.hill. what we need is help at SF and PG
    I'm no longer listening to any argument about Pau being universally bad. Maybe he's sucked relative to the greatest players in the league, but if you're talking middle-tier players he's been effective -- and, as you note, that's on two bad knees that he wasn't whining about in public. Look at the game Jamison just put up -- you think that doesn't have something to do with going head-to-head against the other team's starting line-up?

The Lakers defense will be better with Pau and Nash on the floor. Not only do those players both increase the Lakers' efficiency (by a ton), minimizing transition opportunities for the other team, but they're both smart as hell. D12 is pissed right now because nobody's helping the helper -- meaning him. With Nash and Pau on the floor you won't have two strong stoppers, but you'll have two smart players who can funnel and help in team defense. (Magic Johnson was horrible one-on-one, and great at playing team defense.)

And don't forget that Pau's length creates issues for the other team. Yes, they'll try to pull him out high, but I think the Lakers need to switch more to avoid that. In any case, do you want Jamison playing defense? He's worse than Pau.

I'm also sick of people talking about Pau's money. He's getting paid in large part for services rendered. All NBA contracts are backloaded, for all kinds of reasons that have nothing to do with performance and everything to do with allowing the owners to pay as little as possible from their own pocket. Pau's earned every penny he's getting even if he never plays another minute. (Or do you want to give those two rings back?)

vCash
    If that button was a woman, she'd be tore up lol. Too much panicking here.
    "Tittays & Tank"

vCash
    i agree with mike being the wrong coach. if jim buss wanted to keep pau he would of gone with phil. the triangle was made for big men.

we have a bunch of old farts and run and gun up tempo is just wrong for this team. we want to shoot 3's yet we have noone that is a good 3 pt shooter outside of nash and meeks.

kobe thinks he's a 3 pt shooter but he's not he shouldn't be shooting 3's at all. maybe when game is on the line but even then if there is few seconds left to drive to rim and get fouled and maybe get 3 pt play that way.

as we saw last year when we go down to bynum in the post even if he misses the rebound is close to the rim so we have time to get back on defense.

if kobe is just bricking 3's that rebound instead of under the rim is out to the foul line or further sometimes and a few dribbles and its a dunk or layup. so we're jacking up 3's and the other team is making layups. how are we supposed to win that way?

your right we just don't have the personnel for this style. first we need bench help no PG behind nash and no SF behind metta. kobe played what 43 min last game and wasn't he supposed to be 35-38 min this year?

d12 needs to make more free throws (granny shot) and needs to keep the ball high so he's not stripped. but the only move he has is face up and try to use his quickness and that's when he's stripped. so when people look at the box score and see 5-10 d12 with 10 shots and kobe with 24 they cry. d12 had 4 turnovers. so that's 4 more possessions. and when people go to the free throw line that doesn't show up at a shot attempt. but i do agree d12 does need more shots but he has to stop getting stripped , stop turning the ball over, and make free throws.

and kobe needs to stop turning the ball over, stop taking bad shots, involve his teammates more. last game he had 3 assists. that's bad. if you know you got a ball hog that is just going to jack up fade away long jumpers vs 2 defenders why play defense? why should the rest of the team try hard when you have a selfish player. i know kobe tries to get others involved and nights when they are struggling he does too much.

the spurs almost beat miami without duncan, gionobli, and parker. kobe has to trust his teammates more. he can't do it all. and he needs to stop shooting 3 pters. michael jordan was a great shooter but he wasn't good at 3's same with kobe. he can make them but he's best when he's driving and drawing the defense and kicking out or finishing at the rim.

our main problems have been turnovers like 18 a game and no bench like 15 pts a game. add onto that slow team, no defense at PF or PG position pau and nash.

kobe, metta, j.hill, d12 have been the guys i see that try night in and night out.

you can't have a team that shoots volume 3 pt shots that has no 3 pt shooters and that is old and can't run back on defense. trading layups off our bricks for our 25% 3 pt shooting we're going to loose everytime.

i know to keep space down low we need a few 3 pt shots to keep the defense honest but we need to go to our strength which is pau/d12 in the post. but pau doesn't want to shoot post shots and d12 isn't that good unless its a dunk. we just got a lot of issues right now.

trading pau for a starting caliber player on the bench at SF position or a starting caliber backup PG would be the most help. trading pau for another PF doesn't help our problems at all. if ebanks isn't going to play we have noone at SF behind mwp. kobe if he stays at SF will get hurt eventually and then who will carry the offensive load?

pau is only worth about 8-10 mil right now if that much. so i don't mind getting less talent back. just give me a solid PG and a solid SF that can play hard and defend and hit open shots.

even if pau is healthy he still can't defend any PF in the league and he's too costly to pay for a backup C role. see ya tissues with 19 mil should be able to buy a few tampons.

if pau was a C and they fed him the ball in the post he's a top player but he just has no heart and that is one reason most people don't like european players b/c they are too soft.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderousDemon View Post
    whores in my head
    whores at the door
    whores in my bed
    I love me some Pixies!
    Quote Originally Posted by David123 View Post
    I think Al Davis is a robot created in the 1960's to run a afl franchise.
    --------------
    Quote Originally Posted by laek View Post
    Billboard is too new technology for Al Davis. I'm going to be a maverick and do it the way Al can understand. I will hire a horseman to deliver the petitions and send Morse code to him.
    ------------------------

"What people don't get about me, is that I'm a rockstar first, and a basketball player second," - Lamar Odom

vCash
    ya we need to turn this thing around fast. bring back Bernieeee

vCash
    7-6 at home

2-6 on the road

in order to win in this league you need to win your home games and win games verses non playoff teams on the road

to have this poor of a record with so many home games already is sad. so yea it is time to panic.

i can live with losses at home to thunder, spurs, grizzlies, clippers right now but losses to non playoff teams at home is sad or teams that just might make the 8th seed.

vCash
    [QUOTE=handle;24668086]
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCityofDreams View Post
    The Buss family has to understand they don't have the personnel for showtime. I realize they see young teams running and gunning but the Lakers can't do that. Unfortunately if this yr continues Dwight probably leaves and we're left with ???[/QUOTE]

Cap space for 2014.
    Who realistically can the Lakers sign that yr?
    Friend: I think the NBA payed off the Heat in the first yr because of the politics. They threw game four and they payed Lebron because they were angry with what he did. So he had pay one way or another.

F:There is no one in the draft coming out and trading players isn't going to happen. The Lakers are in trouble.

F: Vogel doesn't run that team. Shaw does. If he leaves they are going to suck and Vogel will get fired.

-Heat fan

vCash
    i hate PSD....

vCash

Some MUCH Needed Perspective!

A reminder of how a little bit of time can make a big difference.

Here are some facts about the Heat, who were adjusting to adding some new stars, and didn't have quite the injury struggles the Lakers are currently facing.

"The Heat lost the opening game 8880 and got off to a 98 start due in large part to inconsistent play and injuries to key role players Mike Miller (thumb) and Udonis Haslem (foot)".

&

"It was the Heat's fourth straight loss, and the fourth time since February 24 they had lost after a double-digit lead.[28] The Heat were 25 since the All-Star break, 513 in games decided by five or fewer points and 1418 against teams with winning records".

The Heat still had major struggles, losing streaks and end of game break downs well after the all-star break.

Needless to say they made the Finals and the following year won a title.
    Teams with big stars take time...

Food for thought

Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast