Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How sure are you that the Lakers make the playoffs?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very sure

5 31.25%
  • Fo sho

0 0%
  • unsure

5 31.25%
  • sure as a pickle

1 6.25%
  • No way man!! Game over man!! Game over!!

5 31.25%
Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zhuya View Post
    I didn't think I'd ever say it, but I think we would be better off re-hiring Mike Brown than keeping D'antoni with the way our D looks, it's complete garbage! I can't believe that a team with D12, MWP, and even Kobe when he wants to play D, can look that awful defensively
    The D was terrible under Brown too. Different coach...same problem.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LakersKB24 View Post
    Can somebody please explain, why we don't run any Pick&Rolls for Howard? I thought this was D'Antoni's bread and butter? Bickerstaff did a better job than him! You rarely even see Dwight setting a screen or anything. All we do is feed him the ball on low post ups and we all know that that's not his strongest area since he doesn't have the postmoves and against a team with a big front court, you can't just rely on his strength.

The biggest concern is still the defense. And that won't change when Nash comes back. You can't give up 60 points in one half (on a regular basis!!!) and then expect to win games. I mean it's not even working against mediocre teams. We're gonna get slaughtered against Miami if we don't improve transition defense.

other than that I agree with everything LakersSaintsLSU said
    Great question. Iv'e been wondering the same thing. I watch the screens and they go nowhere. Its like they don't practice it. Not a good sign. Lots of bad signs though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by strokeman View Post
    MikeD system dont fit the personal of this team and he really prove that he cant adjust his system when he went to NYK, so i dont know why people think he will be able to make it work here in LA.
    to be honest his run and gun system is the worst in the NBA, you live by the 3 you die by the 3.
    he needs to take a step back and let a coach that has a half court system coach this team.
    if run and gun was the way to go SAN would have won 2 more championships when they changed to that system because they play better D than this team.
    in Mike D system Hill was in the Dog House until he was forced to play him and look at the production the guy is giving this team?
    we need a coach that will feed the bigs and allow then to suck the D in and kick out like Phil Jackson believed in doing. Inside out not Drive and kick
    Apparently the princeton didn't fit the players too. Right? They looked clueless out there running that offense as well. Maybe something else is a bigger issue?

vCash
    and since everyone is trhowing lyrics out there.

There's something wrong with the world today
    I don't know what it is
    Something's wrong with our eyes

We're seeing things in a different way
    And God knows it ain't His
    It sure ain't no surprise

We're livin' on the edge

There's something wrong with the world today
    The light bulb's getting dim
    There's a melt down in the sky

If you can judge a wise man
    By the color of his skin
    The mister you're a better man than I

chorus: We're livin on the edge
    You can't help yourself from fallin'
    Livin' on the edge
    You can't help yourself at all
    Livin' on the edge
    You can't stop yourself from fallin'
    Livin' on the edge

Tell me what you think about your situation
    Complication-aggravation
    Is getting to you

If chicken little tells you that the sky is fallin'
    And even if it wasn't would you still come crawlin'
    Back again?
    I bet you would my friend
    Again & again & again & again & again

Tell me what you think about your situation
    Complication-aggravation
    Is getting to you

If chicken little tells you that the sky is fallin'
    And even if it wasn't would you still come crawlin'
    Back again?
    I think you would my friend
    Again & again & again & again

Something right with the world today
    And everybody knows it's wrong
    But we can tell them no or we can let it go
    But I would rather be hanging on

Livin' on the edge
    Livin' on the edge
    Livin' on the edge
    Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

Livin' on the edge
    You can't help yourself from fallin'
    Livin' on the edge
    Livin' on the edge
    You can't help yourself
    You can't help yourself
    Livin' on the edge
    You can't help yourself
    Livin' on the edge
    Livin' on the edge

vCash
    Dwight's also been disappointing so far. He needs to step it up and start dominating. If he wants to be the cornerstone of this franchise, he needs to contribute much more on the offensive end.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beliges View Post
    Dwight's also been disappointing so far. He needs to step it up and start dominating. If he wants to be the cornerstone of this franchise, he needs to contribute much more on the offensive end.
    he isnot 100%

He should have not rushed his return.

vCash
    Right now.... Lakers are 1-9 when Kobe scores more than 30.... Kobe needs to go back to facilitator role and get that offense swirling and others involved or we are reverting back to Lakers pre-Gasol... he needs to distribute more until Nash gets back...
    ... You know you got a good DVR... whenever you hit pause on your remote during the action and it displays its favorite player....

vCash
    The problem with Kobe is that he wants to score 25+ points....becouse if he shoots 15 or less shots and average 17-20 points a game,everyone(espn and other idiots) will say that he is on decline....he has to much pride and thats whats hurts lakers

vCash
    A more assertive Dwight, a healthy Nash and Gasol will lessen the load Kobe will have to endure. The thing is Nash is going to get him the ball in good spot to score and help take the responsibility of ball-handling. Then Kobe can be a decoy opening things up inside for Pau and Dwight, while Metta and Nash are lethal from 3. I think Kobe shooting isn't bad, he wants someone to challenge him so he doesnt have to carry this load alone. Which is why an assertive Dwight helps. Even an assertive Pau does too.

vCash
    You guys saying Bryant is shooting too much and that it's because he insists on scoring and implying that he is the reason for the Lakers' problems (because of their record in games where he scores 30+ points) are utterly clueless. Watch the games! If you are watching the games, and this is all you can come up with, then that's truly sad, and you should stop discussing basketball altogether.

vCash
    D'Antoini adjust his system to work for 2 bigs in a high-low kind of offense that works inside out then we are ok. But I also need to see a commitment to the defensive end. We need to practice defense and crucial late game situations to be better at them. You cant tell the players, you gotta play defense and all this **** if you dont coach it and they dont practice it. He needs a defensive minded coach next to him to yell out help on defense. What would have been smart would have been to bring D'Antoni on to Mike Browns staff as the associate Head Coach and let him control the offense while Brown owned the defense. Together they would have been unstoppable.

vCash
    What's up with Kobe is that he's getting exposed for the player he's always been. Ferocious competitor, unstoppable scorer, fearless. But also selfish, unable to manage games, and incapable of making the players around him better.

If you have a solid team Kobe can be the difference maker. If you don't have a solid team, Kobe can't make the difference. And there's nothing disrespectful in saying that. He's ready to go -- he's willing -- but he can't do it himself.

All he can do is continue to do the things that have worked before, and hope that that's enough. Until Pau and Nash and Blake get back there won't be any real growth in the team, but I just don't see Kobe doing anything else.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakersfan2483 View Post
    Needs to take less 3 pointers and take his shots more within the flow of the offense and take quality shots. His efficency was excellent at the beginning, but now he is struggling with his shot and has been more of a volume scorer. All of this doesn't bode well for a team that is having so many issues on both ends of the floor.
    But that's the D-toni system. SG take alot of shots. In fact wing players take alot of shots. Thats the off they run. Getting the ball to the post is the second option.

vCash
    The one thing I don't like about Kobe is when he starts the game off with 8 quick attempts in the first qtr. When he does that, the guys are not mentally into the game with him from the get-go, and the rest of the team plays with zero energy and lose focus. He should not take anymore than 4 or 5 shots in the opening qtr. 8-10 is way too damn much.

vCash
    Kobe's gambling too much on defense and is often out of position. As far as offense goes he's not shooting too much he just needs to be more selective. Shoot more within the flow of offense instead of forcing shots.

Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast