Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How sure are you that the Lakers make the playoffs?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very sure

5 31.25%
  • Fo sho

0 0%
  • unsure

5 31.25%
  • sure as a pickle

1 6.25%
  • No way man!! Game over man!! Game over!!

5 31.25%
Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMan:24681493
    What's happens if LA loses to the cavs tonight?
    Mike D Antoni will.be fired. I'd be willing to bet any amount of money on that one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beliges View Post
    Mike D Antoni will.be fired. I'd be willing to bet any amount of money on that one.
    How about $1000? PM me.

vCash

The lakers problems aren't because we aren't 100% healthy

The problems start with the players we have here, this team even without Nash and pau are capable of beating any other team on any given night, but you know why they don't its because of their lack of effort and passion that motivation is missing the killer instinct and especially on the defensive side of the ball, this team just doesn't give a rats *** for 3 1/2 quarters it isn't until the end when it's too late when they decide to step it up!

Kobe always leaves his man open like really, step your game up man
    Dwight sometimes takes the most awkward shots on offense
    Jamison sucks defensively and he's been quiet offensively lately
    Mwp has been non existent the last couple of weeks
    Morris scrub
    Meeks getting better
    Hill arguably the best player on the team so far besides Kobe
    This is frustrating guys we have a talented team but for some reason they only decide to show up whenever they feel like it!
    We are 9-12 we are 12 in the west that's just unacceptable!
    These guys better step up or moves will be made

Love him or hate him, call him overrated, a punk, chump, and whatever blasphemy you people speak, fact of the matter is there is no denying he's the best of his generation and will go down as a top 5 player ever...what he has done for the NBA is amazing he's the biggest name in basketball all around the world and his chase for number 6 continues! All that matters though to us Laker fans is #17! Lakersnation! #16to17

vCash
    This!

Just like I said in the Game thread against the Jazz. If these guys showed up and played with the effort they show the final 3-4 minutes of these games... for even half the game, the lakers would probably be over .500 right now.

Having Nash back is not going to make a difference if these guys aren't putting the effort and trying to win.
    #Chow!

We don't quit, we don't cower, we don't run. We endure and conquer." -Kobe Bryant

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    The problems start with the players we have here, this team even without Nash and pau are capable of beating any other team on any given night, but you know why they don't its because of their lack of effort and passion that motivation is missing the killer instinct and especially on the defensive side of the ball, this team just doesn't give a rats *** for 3 1/2 quarters it isn't until the end when it's too late when they decide to step it up!

Kobe always leaves his man open like really, step your game up man
    Dwight sometimes takes the most awkward shots on offense
    Jamison sucks defensively and he's been quiet offensively lately
    Mwp has been non existent the last couple of weeks
    Morris scrub
    Meeks getting better
    Hill arguably the best player on the team so far besides Kobe
    This is frustrating guys we have a talented team but for some reason they only decide to show up whenever they feel like it!
    We are 9-12 we are 12 in the west that's just unacceptable!
    These guys better step up or moves will be made
    No, I think it is mostly because of injuries. It's hard to have rhythm when your main pieces aren't together. Dwight isn't 100%, Nash hasn't played basically at all, Pau with knee tendinitis since the off-season, Kobe basically playing play-maker in Dantoni's system (With the exception of Duhon last game with his double digit assists). Players getting acclimated with an entirely new system. Nash will find people around the 3, which will help with transition defense as well, Because that is the worst thing without Nash right now.
    Laker Girls:
    Rashida Jones= Fired
    #Chobot= 1-2

vCash
    And as far as the team coming back at the end of games, I think some of that has to do with us being down the entire game, OKC let off the brakes toward the end, and so did the Jazz. Combination of being run down in the run and gun system and team coasting at the end. But the passion is there from where I am sitting, I've seen a pretty emotional Pau thus far in the season and Kobe is never shy about how he feels.
    Laker Girls:
    Rashida Jones= Fired
    #Chobot= 1-2

vCash
    There is no problem with Kobe's shooting. It's the offense, and Kobe is the only player who can consistently get a good look off the dribble on the team.

If we ran more halfcourt sets, Dwight would get more touches. Simple as that.

Our problem as a team is the defense, particularly on fast breaks. I believe the root of this problem has been Metta. He is extremely slow for a perimeter player, and much of the time, he's the one at the top of the key, and he simply can't keep up.

vCash
    It's not all about injuries but I would say its a big reason why. They have a new coach and new system and they sort of look lost. The best they played was under bickerstaff when they weren't running anything and didn't have to think, it's sad when you have professional athletes and they play worse when they have to use their brains.

vCash
    All true:

Say what you will about Pau Gasol's defense, but he's an upgrade over Antawn Jamsion. Say what you will about Steve Nash's defense, but with the two-time MVP quarterbacking the offense, quality shots should increase while turnovers decrease, both of which should cut down on possessions in which the Lakers find themselves defensively in transition. And until the Lakers are at full strength for an extended time, continuity remains elusive. As Dwight Howard and Jodie Meeks noted after the Utah loss, this group is still learning each other, and defensive synchronicity takes time.

However, it also takes effort, particularly when short-handed, and consistent willingness has been in short supply. And to be blunt, chief among those guilty of fluctuating effort has been Kobe Bryant. Darius Soriano at Forum Blue and Gold wrote a terrific breakdown of The Mamba's recent issues, which include ball watching, gambling and poor rotations, all points discussed by Brian or I at various points this or the past few seasons. Kobe has also maintained his habit of reacting to perceived non-calls (in his mind, more or less whenever he shoots) by demonstratively arguing with referees in lieu of getting back. As I noted in Sunday's "Rapid Reaction," Bryant didn't even bother crossing halfcourt on one possession while his teammates defended four-on-five.

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/...-what-to-watch
    More here: http://www.forumblueandgold.com/2012...e-kobe-bryant/

If you want to be the leader you have to lead.

vCash
    If I see this team play a good.... 30.... games together, with everybody on board and healthy... and they still suck... then I panic. But right now I'm just pissed, impatient and a little depressed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMan View Post
    What's happens if LA loses to the cavs tonight?
    ^^ Cavs win.

lakers4sho | Chavacano | EricBallsachs | Avenged24 | still1ballin | GREATNESS ONE | Chacarron
    LakersMaster24 | KB-Pau-DH2012 | 8kobe24 | championships | Lakers+Giants | LakerShow
    AussieLaker | YouCan'tBeatLA

mamba24 Guest
    These last 4 games show how important Pau is... Since he went out the Lakers are 1-3. They easily could be 3-1 in that same time. Pau wasnt even Healthy. Let Pau come back a little more healthy and mobile. The Lakers will be fine. If they are still below .500 half way thru the season I will start to worry

vCash
    Yes of course, Right now though it's just impatience for me, little bit of frustration as well. But a team with Dwight, Kobe, Pau, World, Jamison, and Nash isn't going to miss the playoffs. And that's all we have to do.

If there is a positive thus far in the season, Dantoni has made a difference for the bench. Meeks has been very good, and seemingly getting better, Jordan Hill, Duhon will eventually be back to the bench, Jamison as well. All guys that can put up very good games, and have. Just need everyone on the same page and the team will be what it's supposed to be.
    Laker Girls:
    Rashida Jones= Fired
    #Chobot= 1-2

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beliges View Post
    You have to be kidding. Just to be clear, brown was fired, not because we were losing, but because of how we were losing. We looked overmatched in all of those games under brown. With d'antoni that is not the case, we're losing more than we would like, but we're in all of our games and show shades of dominance. There is no way a coach without 2 caliber all star players and a key bench player is going to be fired, especially when you consider that dwight is still not 100%. i didn't want d'antoni to get hired and I would have preferred pretty much any of the other candidates, but its absurd to fire him under the circumstances.
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 12-11-2012 at 03:06 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CyborgMushroom View Post
    Yes of course, Right now though it's just impatience for me, little bit of frustration as well. But a team with Dwight, Kobe, Pau, World, Jamison, and Nash isn't going to miss the playoffs. And that's all we have to do.

If there is a positive thus far in the season, Dantoni has made a difference for the bench. Meeks has been very good, and seemingly getting better, Jordan Hill, Duhon will eventually be back to the bench, Jamison as well. All guys that can put up very good games, and have. Just need everyone on the same page and the team will be what it's supposed to be.
    This is a point that is being overlooked. The bench guys seem to have figured it out and once everyone returns, should be a strength rather than a weakness.

Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast