Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How sure are you that the Lakers make the playoffs?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very sure

5 31.25%
  • Fo sho

0 0%
  • unsure

5 31.25%
  • sure as a pickle

1 6.25%
  • No way man!! Game over man!! Game over!!

5 31.25%
Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
    vCash
    #*********

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 310Casper View Post
    Some posters in this thread get me, some are throwing the "he's a bandwagoner" card because they lack basic comprehension and logic, its fine.

I was also a fan, even during the nick van axel age, the Chris Mihm as Center + Smush at pg age, etc..etc... I'm not "quitting" on my team, just going on cruise-control with my strong emotions being tied to the current squad. I will still root for them and watch many games, just not going out of my way to watch EVERY single minute of every laker game this season if I dont have to anymore. I also wont be as bummed about loses than I was previous to last night when I finally accepted the truth about this current squad, loses to average teams are becoming expected now. Even if they improve in that aspect, can we honestly beat 2 of (OKC, Miami, Clippers, Spurs) in a 7 game series? back to back series'.....

To put my "fan-dom"into perspective, I actually planned my date-nights and hangouts with friends around the laker schedule, I'm sure some of you do the same, at least I would assume so. We all know that those 730pm Friday and Saturday night games can be killer. You have to sort of arrive late to places or plan around them since you cant miss "the game". And no, dvr'ing a game just isnt the same.

Going forward, I will just check boxscores when I miss those games and be ok with it. And will await to see what happens as the season progresses and ends. I can also say that Dwight leaving us at the end of the season wont be as bad as I thoguht it would be a few months back.
    Same here.

The only difference is that I saw this coming pre Dwight trade and knew for sure after watching them in preseason.

There is an old saying about happiness being tied to expectations. IF your expect to be a billionaire and you only make millions, you feel like a failure. If you would be super satisifed making 50K a year and you make 150K instead, you feel like a major success.

This fall for the Lakers is so far because of the unrealistic expectations that everyone prematurely put on this team (Some continue).

MY expectations were for this team to lose the WCF. If they muster up the courage and get to the finals I will be over the moon

vCash
    You guys are all lucky! I live in Arizona and am still in high school and everyone here is a Suns fan so you could imagine how much **** I get for the Lakers under performing. It's all good I rep the Lakers every day no matter how hard this is to watch. As Dwight Howard and Pau get healthier, and the more games we fight through, we'll improve. I believe we can make the playoffs as possibly a 7 seed but hopefully by then we'll all be clicking. Lakers don't need new people, a new coach, just a new mindset. A killer mentality. I want to see Kobe flash that mamba face when he's in beast mode and the team is feasting on other teams. I guess we'll just have to be patient until we see such things but I can understand how many people have already lost their patience.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakeshow24KB View Post
    You guys are all lucky! I live in Arizona and am still in high school and everyone here is a Suns fan so you could imagine how much **** I get for the Lakers under performing. It's all good I rep the Lakers every day no matter how hard this is to watch. As Dwight Howard and Pau get healthier, and the more games we fight through, we'll improve. I believe we can make the playoffs as possibly a 7 seed but hopefully by then we'll all be clicking. Lakers don't need new people, a new coach, just a new mindset. A killer mentality. I want to see Kobe flash that mamba face when he's in beast mode and the team is feasting on other teams. I guess we'll just have to be patient until we see such things but I can understand how many people have already lost their patience.
    Better start planning which days you skip
    Oggi pensu iu, dumani pensa Diu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KillaInstinct24 View Post
    Better start planning which days you skip
    Well the suns aren't doing too hot either right now anyways haha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    Who is being disloyal?
    ^^ Sorry. I don't keep tabs on them.
    <3

lakers4sho | Chavacano | EricBallsachs | Avenged24 | still1ballin | GREATNESS ONE | Chacarron
    LakersMaster24 | KB-Pau-DH2012 | 8kobe24 | championships | Lakers+Giants | LakerShow
    AussieLaker | YouCan'tBeatLA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakeshow24KB View Post

Yea man I spent three years in az (Yuma). I know how those suns fans can get. They know more about lakers losses than they do about suns wins lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Showtime Steve View Post
    Yea man I spent three years in az (Yuma). I know how those suns fans can get. They know more about lakers losses than they do about suns wins lol
    Lol sadly that's true! They don't even care how the suns do they just try trolling as much as possible.

vCash
    These last two losses lead me to believe that the Lakers do in fact "flip the switch" at times. Their hearts and minds are not set on playing as a team or towards a particular goal. They almost look like they are sandbagging it regularly and showing up for paychecks. We lost Gasols heart after we tried to trade him and the situation is only going to get worse. They need to clean house with the bench and get some post rookie contract guys who know their roles as contributors to a team. If I had my way, the Lakers send out Gasol + anyone their dumb enough to take not named Jordan Hill for David Lee and fillers with Klay Thompson and Carl Landry being ideal but unlikely.

vCash
    #TeamSachs4life
    "Tittays"

vCash
    Id love the lakers to play Pau more as a Point Forward and have be a fascilitator. Howard is at his best playing under and close to the rim. He'd get so many easy looks with back tossing passes to him. That leaves Nash Kobe and Metta on the arc ready to knock down a 3 pointer if Gasol kicks it out or slash to the basket. We are too old to run like D'Antoni wants. We need more of a set offense... Let the 2nd unit who are younger and more athletic play the run and gun game

vCash
    Fire Mike D!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman_9:24963565
    Fire Mike D!!!!!
    For the life of me I cannot understand why he's still there and I cannot understand how Hill.has not earned himself the starting spot over Pau. Im embarrassed for Pau watching him play. He might need to simply retire and call it a career.

vCash
    Pau is not done. If you want to blame anyone you should blame the Lakers Front Office for allowing Gasol and Bryant to play oversees in the Olympics.

Gasol has tendinitis and planter faciitis and he was allowed to play the entire offseason? what the ****?!

vCash
    What was the excuse last season, i defended Pau his first 4 years in LA but its obvious since the 2011 playoffs his career is at a downfall lets see 3 for 18 from the field for a 7 foot player

Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast