Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How sure are you that the Lakers make the playoffs?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very sure

5 31.25%
  • Fo sho

0 0%
  • unsure

5 31.25%
  • sure as a pickle

1 6.25%
  • No way man!! Game over man!! Game over!!

5 31.25%
Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kobe4thewinbang View Post
    I love the guy, but he's shooting way too much. Howard is disappearing on offense. Lakers aren't going to win that way.
    Please instead of asking this question as if Kobe is the problem, watch the games and realise that he is having to take shots as others are bricking or turning the ball over relentlessly.

Kobe and Metta are the only 2 trying to make things happen this year.

The 1st 2 minutes last night, Kobe didn't take a shot...and we didn't score a single point. It should give you a good indication why Kobe is shooting so much

vCash
    I didn't think I'd ever say it, but I think we would be better off re-hiring Mike Brown than keeping D'antoni with the way our D looks, it's complete garbage! I can't believe that a team with D12, MWP, and even Kobe when he wants to play D, can look that awful defensively

vCash
    Can somebody please explain, why we don't run any Pick&Rolls for Howard? I thought this was D'Antoni's bread and butter? Bickerstaff did a better job than him! You rarely even see Dwight setting a screen or anything. All we do is feed him the ball on low post ups and we all know that that's not his strongest area since he doesn't have the postmoves and against a team with a big front court, you can't just rely on his strength.

The biggest concern is still the defense. And that won't change when Nash comes back. You can't give up 60 points in one half (on a regular basis!!!) and then expect to win games. I mean it's not even working against mediocre teams. We're gonna get slaughtered against Miami if we don't improve transition defense.

other than that I agree with everything LakersSaintsLSU said
    Last edited by LakersKB24; 12-10-2012 at 09:23 AM.

vCash
    i think now is the time to hit that panic button, because bringing back our injured players will not improve the D and that is the biggest problem right now...The time to hit the panic button is most def now, if we dig too much of a hole it could be hard to catch up with a late season run but not only that I have a strong feeling Dwight will walk away at the end of the season unless we make some real noise in the playoffs.

vCash
    Don't worry, D'Antoni is an offensive genius. Clearly.

vCash
    Nash and Pau need to get healthy fast. This is tough to watch. If Blake is really going to be out for that long we need to sign someone to play back up PG because Duhon and Morris can't get it done.

I'm going to set the panic meter at a 7 right now simply because of the fact that Nash hasn't even played. If he comes back and we still struggle, that meter will be ramped up to 10 real quick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevj77 View Post
    Unfortunately they won't. We never should have hired MD. We didn't have the right personel to fit his system. I know the Buss family wants to bring back showtime and hated the triangle, but we didn't have the legs or shooters to make it work and it just hurts our defense.

Another bad coaching hire by Jim Buss. He has hired the last 3 coaches not named Phil in LA and they all have been bad decisions.
    The Buss family has to understand they don't have the personnel for showtime. I realize they see young teams running and gunning but the Lakers can't do that. Unfortunately if this yr continues Dwight probably leaves and we're left with ???
    Friend: I think the NBA payed off the Heat in the first yr because of the politics. They threw game four and they payed Lebron because they were angry with what he did. So he had pay one way or another.

F:There is no one in the draft coming out and trading players isn't going to happen. The Lakers are in trouble.

F: Vogel doesn't run that team. Shaw does. If he leaves they are going to suck and Vogel will get fired.

-Heat fan

vCash
    [QUOTE=BigCityofDreams;24668038]The Buss family has to understand they don't have the personnel for showtime. I realize they see young teams running and gunning but the Lakers can't do that. Unfortunately if this yr continues Dwight probably leaves and we're left with ???[/QUOTE]

Cap space for 2014.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by amos1er View Post

Agreed!

Jim Buss is the problem. I pray everyday that his daddy is going to ground him again like he did back in 2007 and let Jeanie make the important decisions.
    Yeah, but Jeanie doesn't want to get involved this time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers4life08 View Post
    Mike D'antoni is garbage coach,only idiot can hire him
    Well Dr. Buss, Jim, and Mitch did because they all wanted him.

vCash
    Hurry up Nash !!!!
    #FreeCrooner!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Hurry up Nash !!!!
    so we can realize that we are still mediocre and trade Pau for some pieces or just blow it up....

just wanted to finish your thought

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner:24666598
    Quote Originally Posted by majmarcus View Post
    Step away from the panic button....

Gasol WILL be moved! He(Gasol) has not been of any help to the team so far this season. This tendonitus thing with his knees is a smoke screen for whats really going on. They sit Pau to avoid risking injury on top of his delicate emotions.

Meanwhile, the lakers are using the time to see who works with whom. Pau is as good as gone boys and girls. And I'll say it once more. The trade sending him on his way will come just as suddenly & out of nowhere as the trade that brought him here. As he cometh, he goeth....

Management is weighing offers to see what fits best. We have time fellas. Glory isn't in the regular season. So patience is needed children...we got this.
    yeah yeah, we are playing so good withouth pau.
    he is clearly the problem-
    Sorry I didn't blame it all on Kobe and curse his parents for bringing him into the world. Boy, what was I thinking????

Foolboy I didn't say Pau is the problem and I never suggested we were playing good. But at 19mill per for the way he's been playing is inexcusable. I bet his knees or feelings isn't bothering him when he picks up his check come payday. Players of his caliber aren't just paid for their talent/skill level alone, they're paid to adjust as well. We're on our 2nd head coach since Phil and the excuses just keep piling up.

When Pau is on, he's on and there's no one in the league at his position I'd rather have. But because he's in "Dear Diary" mode and has been for almost 2seasons. He is definitely a problem and has become expendable. So, for the right player(s), yes, I'm moving his ***. I don't care what you or anyone else says.

That's the biggest problem I have with this whole situation. Even if Kobe goes 3 for 40. Will Kobe show up to play is a question that never has to be asked because of his mentality. Kobe has been and still is the premier name mentioned in terms of consistency. But as a fan of the Lakers, It would be nice to be able to count on someone other than Mamba, a 17yr vet who happens to still be the most elite performer on the squad.

Gasol was brought in to be the 2nd behind Kobe with capabilities of being the primary when need be. Pau isnt cutting it and he has to go asap.

vCash
    i dont like this team! im so frustrated, i dont even want to watch them anymore. wonder what the F.O. is thinkin now?

vCash
    MikeD system dont fit the personal of this team and he really prove that he cant adjust his system when he went to NYK, so i dont know why people think he will be able to make it work here in LA.
    to be honest his run and gun system is the worst in the NBA, you live by the 3 you die by the 3.
    he needs to take a step back and let a coach that has a half court system coach this team.
    if run and gun was the way to go SAN would have won 2 more championships when they changed to that system because they play better D than this team.
    in Mike D system Hill was in the Dog House until he was forced to play him and look at the production the guy is giving this team?
    we need a coach that will feed the bigs and allow then to suck the D in and kick out like Phil Jackson believed in doing. Inside out not Drive and kick
    Eagles offseason:
    Sign/draft physical cornerbacks
    Sign/draft Starting Safeties
    Sign/draft Outside LB
    Sign/draft Inside LB (Ryans Replacement)
    evulate/Sign/draft QB

Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast