Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Hybrid View

vCash

Stephen Jackson fined 25k for tweet

Think we all saw this coming, no surprise.

Spurs veteran Stephen Jackson has been fined $25,000 for “issuing a hostile statement” directed at Oklahoma City forward Serge Ibaka, the NBA announced on Sunday.
    Jackson had originally posted the comment in question during Oklahoma City’s game against the Lakers on Friday, which featured a late alternation between Ibaka and former teammate Metta World Peace.

Somebody tel serg Abaka. He aint bout dis life. Next time he run up on me im goin in his mouth. That’s a promise. He doin 2 much.

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursna...atening-ibaka/

vCash
    Jackson seems to be pushing a few edges. I don't mind keeping him and I would love him during the playoffs, but he has been making it a bit easier to also consider him as trade bait before the deadline.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by benjirh View Post
    Jackson seems to be pushing a few edges. I don't mind keeping him and I would love him during the playoffs, but he has been making it a bit easier to also consider him as trade bait before the deadline.
    Definitely a little foolish on his part. After his performance vs OKC last year, it's tough to even want to consider him because we know he can hit big shots, and he has a toughness to him that this team severely lacks. There's been several occasions where other teams players get in Manu's face for example, and he's there immediately to stand up for his guy.

We don't have anyone else like that, and I think we need someone like that on this team. Maybe he was under the influence when he wrote that?

vCash
    I think it will come down to where the FO stands. Does Jackson give us enough toughness and big shot ability to push us through to the finals or does he offer more value long term as an expiring $10mil contract. I am not sure where I stand but I think both options are on the table and this last move makes that clear to me.

vCash
    Everyone knew that this was going to happen. Lmao, Jack is still awesome.

Rachel Zane: You're a sneaky little boy.