Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who do you feel 'won' this thread?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rays, easily

64 67.37%
  • Royals, easily

4 4.21%
  • Rays, but it's close

14 14.74%
  • Royals, but it's close

6 6.32%
  • It's a draw. Both teams got what they needed/wanted

7 7.37%
Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bard View Post
    You don't keep them on the potential they become expensive. They are just Potential.
    And so are the Royals chances of being competitive in the next two years, the whole reason they made this move.

vCash
    I think the fact that the Rays turned down Myers for Shields straight up, and then Beane turned down Myers for Brett Anderson, and then 6 out of 6 scouts/executives BP spoke with in for an article this morning thought it was a fair deal, means you guys are overrating the hell out of Wil Myers.

Coming soon to a TKRO stadium near you

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryptamine View Post
    After that trade they are absolutely not a top farm. They have Ventura, Starling, Zimmer, Bonafacio and Mondesi and that's about it.
    they will have 2013's 8th overall pick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    uhhh, the A's, Rays, Braves of the 90's, Indians of the 90's. Several teams have built their 'dynasties'/teams by valuing prospects.
    It seemed like the Braves were pretty good about trading pitching prospects, may of whom were busts to acquire ML talent. KC traded one top prospect, one solid pitching prospect, and 2 lesser talents away ... they did not bust their farm system with this trade.

vCash
    That was when other teams would not snatch your players off your hands with unmatchable offers.
    No. Look at the Rays. They are very literally, the team you are arguing against, and they have shown an ability to sustain a 90 win team keeping prospects on their potentials. And I don't even recall them carrying a top 5 farm system in the last decade. They just run the team very very well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VRP723 View Post
    I think the fact that the Rays turned down Myers for Shields straight up, and then Beane turned down Myers for Brett Anderson, and then 6 out of 6 scouts/executives BP spoke with in for an article this morning thought it was a fair deal, means you guys are overrating the hell out of Wil Myers.
    Well, how do you perceive his value?

vCash
    last time I check it was still December. You are failing to see the talent KC has now and still KC has time to add pieces.
    They're going to have to add two or three solid, good starters to become contenders and hope they see significant improvement in Hosmer, Moustakas, Franceour, and hope Butler doesn't regress. It's highly unlikely they're going to do that this offseason. Come on man be realistic.
    Last edited by SFrush90; 12-10-2012 at 01:37 PM.

Shailene Woodley

vCash
    This trade would make sense if the Royals were going to compete....by the time they are ready Shields will have left via FA.

Maybe it's not a ripoff, but the trade just doesnt make sense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bearfanrp View Post
    It seemed like the Braves were pretty good about trading pitching prospects, may of whom were busts to acquire ML talent. KC traded one top prospect, one solid pitching prospect, and 2 lesser talents away ... they did not bust their farm system with this trade.
    Nobody is arguing that they did bust their farm system with this move. It's that they moved the top position player prospect (or one of the top) and a top 30 prospect in Odorizzi for two years of control over Shields to join a bad team. It's just taking additional players from their good young core.

They had at least 4 years of control over (some more, some a little less)

C - Perez
    1B - Hosmer
    SS - Escobar
    3B - Moose
    LF - Gordon
    CF - Cain
    RF - Myers
    DH - Butler

SP - Odorizzi
    SP - Ventura

An entire bullpen

They have to add a second basemen, some bench/platoon players, and a few starters to this list, and they have a tiny payroll, capable of extending the better players out of this group, and able to 'buy' free agent starters without going after trade routes that take players out of this group, and without having to land guys like Guthrie and Santana.

You show this kind of core offensive group, one good year offensively together, and then you court some free agent starters in your giant pitchers parks, you are going to be able to land some decent starters on short term deals.

The way DM is going about this limits his teams window of success.

vCash
    And so are the Royals chances of being competitive in the next two years, the whole reason they made this move.
    Lol why? Shields is not potential he is a TORP, they are talented enough to be contenders. Not saying they will make the playoffs, simply that they could and trying. I am not even saying they won the trade, just that it was the right decision IMO.

vCash
    Lol why? Shields is not potential he is a TORP, they are talented enough to be contenders. Not saying they will make the playoffs, simply that they could and trying. I am not even saying they won the trade, just that it was the right decision IMO.
    The Royals are not talented enough to be contenders. Their main guy in the rotation is Shields. Everyone else is average at best.

Shailene Woodley

vCash
    Trading away your top talent in a move where if everything goes your way you can sneak into the playoffs is never the right decision.

vCash
    How are they talented enough to be contenders?

They missed the playoffs last year by 16 games in the weakest division in baseball. Are Shields and Davis going to make up those 16 games?

They have to have improvements by a ton of guys and no regression from others for them to be a 90 win team. Something they are no where close. If they do manage to win 90 games, Shields will only be a minor part of that, as it will be their offensive core breaking out that causes that. In which case, they could have traded for someone like Shields at the deadline.

They have no rotation behind Shields and a lot of holes offensively (until guys start to perform).

They are basically in the same place as the M's without Felix Hernandez. Now they added James Shields, and will be in the same place as the M's where Hernandez is better than Shields, but Butler is better than any of the M's hitters. That's basically where they are.

vCash
    This was an absolutely horrible deal for the Royals.

Shields best years are behind him for the most part, and he will split in two years anyway.

Dayton Moore is an idiot...plain and simple.

If Myers lives up to his potential...the Rays are going to be scary lol.
    Last edited by Wrigheyes4MVP; 12-10-2012 at 01:48 PM.

Jew You Believe In Miracles?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    Well, how do you perceive his value?
    I think he's a very good prospect. I also think 2 prime years of a top 15 starting pitcher are not easy to come by for a team with an 80 million dollar payroll. I think them banking on Hosmer, Moose, Perez, Butler and Gordon to carry the offense is reasonable. The one qualm I'd have is I think they'd have been much better off to not sign Guthrie or deal for Santana, and instead sign someone like Dempster.

Coming soon to a TKRO stadium near you

Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast