Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Quit Whining

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    He was rushing before 2010 when Bosh would become a FA, not when his contract was about to expire.
    As Jamie sort of mentioned above, there is always a reason to rush whether it be Bosh or a new contract. If he gets a new contract next year it will be to try and keep Lowry, the next year it will be because JV will only have two years until his rookie contract is up, etc. When you add it all together its just 7+ years of rushing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    As Jamie sort of mentioned above, there is always a reason to rush whether it be Bosh or a new contract. If he gets a new contract next year it will be to try and keep Lowry, the next year it will be because JV will only have two years until his rookie contract is up, etc. When you add it all together its just 7+ years of rushing.
    I hear you. But that actually isn't representative of his time in PHX. IMO it has more to do with this market and trying to breathe life into a near dead expansion franchise. The Raptors have been moribund almost for their entire existence.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    so we've got a GM who is good, and patient, so long as he has numerous years left on his deal and no key players whose contracts expire in the next year or two. other than that he's great. these are not good things people.
    There's that habit of putting words into people's mouths again. lol.

I'm not bothered by how this season is going either, I'm actually happy because it should mean the end of BC's time here. Although I am afraid of the moves he may make to turn it around.
    I agree with the bolded. The talk of getting Gasol is just ****ing brutal. Could be the worst move of his career.

I'm sure it will provide MLSE with multiple different takes, many of them being rants. But there will be some well thought out ones also. As you said above, ownership bought what BC sold two years ago, I don't see trying to change how they think as a bad thing.
    I really think the site is so illiterate it has almost no impact at all other than to generally say that people are pissed. I think they already get that.

vCash
    I don't think the firebc.com site has a solitary clue what they want. Just to ***** mainly.
    I find it shocking that so many of you guys are taking that site seriously

vCash
    I hear you. But that actually isn't representative of his time in PHX. IMO it has more to do with this market and trying to breathe life into a near dead expansion franchise. The Raptors have been moribund almost for their entire existence.
    Sure it is, he rushed rebuilds and made big moves and was generally impatient. People just forget about his first 9 years there because the last couple had a decent team.

vCash
    I agree with the bolded. The talk of getting Gasol is just ****ing brutal. Could be the worst move of his career.
    I still think trading for Marion was the worst move of his career. That was a straight up panic move that was not only bad itself but made the trade for JO terrible also.

I really think the site is so illiterate it has almost no impact at all other than to generally say that people are pissed. I think they already get that.
    It's not so much what is on the site that I think is good. its the idea of trying to organize fans to voice their displeasure with something directly to the people who make decisions. Could it use a more solidified direction? Sure, but its an attempt. Sort of like the 'fan union' I suggested for NHL fans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    I agree. You aren't doing him any favours by giving him 2 year deals. He'll panic and he'll just do moves like sign Hedo hoping he'll keep Bosh around or try to sign Nash and get us stuck with Fields.
    Exactly. Or trade for Gasol!!

vCash
    I still think trading for Marion was the worst move of his career. That was a straight up panic move that was not only bad itself but made the trade for JO terrible also.
    I was excited at the prospect of him staying but it blew up when he didn't return. Marion is exactly the player we need NOW. Gasol absolutely isn't. Right player, wrong time.

It's not so much what is on the site that I think is good. its the idea of trying to organize fans to voice their displeasure with something directly to the people who make decisions. Could it use a more solidified direction? Sure, but its an attempt. Sort of like the 'fan union' I suggested for NHL fans.
    If it works great. I still think it's naive, and I think it's naive to think that just replacing him is going to make it all "better".

vCash
    I was excited at the prospect of him staying but it blew up when he didn't return. Marion is exactly the player we need NOW. Gasol absolutely isn't. Right player, wrong time.
    I wasn't excited about him then and I don't think he is the type of player the Raps need now. Marion is a great role player but still just a role player and the Raps need something more then that.

If it works great. I still think it's naive, and I think it's naive to think that just replacing him is going to make it all "better".
    Don't think I have ever said replacing him would make it all better. I think he just isn't the type of gm that is needed in Toronto. Being afraid of replacing a gm who isn't working because the next guy may not do better is worse then the optimism that a new gm could do better.

vCash
    I wasn't excited about him then and I don't think he is the type of player the Raps need now. Marion is a great role player but still just a role player and the Raps need something more then that.
    Super role player. He would make a difference.

Don't think I have ever said replacing him would make it all better. I think he just isn't the type of gm that is needed in Toronto. Being afraid of replacing a gm who isn't working because the next guy may not do better is worse then the optimism that a new gm could do better.
    I don't have a lot of optimism about the franchise. I don't see ANY GM having much success in Toronto.

vCash
    If we remain status quo, the cycle will continue.

Overpaying mediocrity.

I hope this road trip is a blessing in disguise for this franchise. After all, new ownership has proven that they want to win and will make the necessary changes when the time is right. I think the situation is ripe. 7 years at the helm is more than enough. He tried but was unlucky. He made the moves but majority didn't pan out. We obviously have to give him credit for some of the recent acquisitions that he made: Val/Ross/Ed and Lowry but the ownership should evaluate the whole body of work.

Its a risk to take the next step but great organizations and blue chip companies made tough calls to replace their CEOs.

It's not working and the only way to fix this is to replace the person in charge.

vCash
    Super role player. He would make a difference.
    Yes, he would. He would make them 1st round fodder for better teams, exactly what you said you didn't want to see the team be.

I don't have a lot of optimism about the franchise. I don't see ANY GM having much success in Toronto.
    So your solution to the problem is to keep a gm that has no patience on a franchise who's only chance is to show patience?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    interesting first post... which one do you work for, rogers or bell?
    LOLLL this killed me!

Leafs, Raps, Jays, and Bills fan!

vCash

we need anyone lol what do you know if Gasol isn't going to work now? that is ludicrous to even think that way. I think we'd be marginally better at the very minimum. its all speculation of course, even with Marion.

I think you just love BC. its been 7 years and he's done jack. I don't see how a new GM wouldn't do better and its not like we're hiring a chump to replace him. This team has been retooling the day he got here - in reality there hasn't been any great stability in this franchise with all the moves he's been making. so far he's shown to be to pretty lesser than average GM, just like the product on the floor.

vCash
    There's that habit of putting words into people's mouths again. lol.
    you are hilarious. that is exactly what you and RapsChamp have been arguing. perhaps i should have just quoted you guys directly.

you guys said he rushed for Bosh. you guys did.

you guys say he can't make smart long term decisions unless he has numerous guaranteed years left on his contract. you guys did.

nice try though.
    Last edited by Jamiecballer; 12-11-2012 at 09:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast