Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 121

Thread: Quit Whining

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Purgatory
    Posts
    6,297
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by lotofgoodthings View Post
    I don't get why everyone wants BC and Casey fired, losing is the only realistic way for a franchise like the Raptors to win. This is the first time we've been a serious basement dweller in forever and actually may have a shot and some real talent in the draft and most of you are b*itching about it. Both should be here for 2 more years until we have Wiggins (and maybe someone else if we are bottom three this year) in a Raptors uniform and then you can commence ur b*tching once again.

    This is the reason why the Leafs are constantly awful because stupid fans whine everytime a proper rebuild is attempted and management is forced into making stupid moves to shut them up.
    Why didnít BC and Casey plan this out last year? We all knew that last yearís draft class was solid. Can you imagine this team rebuilding with someone like Davis, Lillard or MKG instead of Ross? How long are we going to see a mediocre product on the court? Other than watching this dreadful team what else can the fans do? They can only complain and whine about them. I know fans canít accomplish anything through whining, but that is the only outlet they have to vent their frustrations with this team.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    VANCOUVER
    Posts
    50,744
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by killersweet View Post
    Why didnít BC and Casey plan this out last year? We all knew that last yearís draft class was solid. Can you imagine this team rebuilding with someone like Davis, Lillard or MKG instead of Ross? How long are we going to see a mediocre product on the court? Other than watching this dreadful team what else can the fans do? They can only complain and whine about them. I know fans canít accomplish anything through whining, but that is the only outlet they have to vent their frustrations with this team.
    That seems to me to be the biggest mistake, and we're paying for it this year.

    I like Ross a lot and he might turn out to be very good, but there was some very elite talent available earlier if we hadn't gone for unnecessary wins last year.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    50,092
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by killersweet View Post
    Why didnít BC and Casey plan this out last year?
    Pride, honour and all that great stuff.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    159
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Byronicle View Post
    very few, and i mean very few people here were upset when we traded our pick for Lowry

    the majority of people here were pretty excited, i know i was

    and now people are complaining, well its always easy to complain in hindsight

    but i know people felt this was a steal at the time, and things just didn't turn out the way we have planned, especially since Lowry came back from injury
    I wasn't mad that we got Lowry, but I was mad we gave them our pick. We should of at least tried to get a pick back or get lowry without giving up a pick. I don't know what Houston wanted, but the way they gave away all their players so easily I would think it wouldnt have been too hard to trade for Lowry without giving the pick up

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    5,844
    vCash
    2633
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. The amount of criticism, complaining or whining if that's what you want to call it is because we are a very passionate fanbase, we are a proud fanbase, we are hungry for a winner, we deserve a winner. When I see a team like this one, it is very discouraging. We were supposed to take a step forward this year even if we didn't get to the playoffs. At this point it looks like we've taken a step back. I think fans have every reason to be frustrated, pissed off and quite frankly embarrassed.

    The reason I want BC gone is because it was clear as day to me that a full rebuild was required when Bosh left, we were an 8th seed team at best with him. With no talent coming to replace him the writing was on the wall. He basically had a free pass to tear it down and start over and he didn't, and now it looks like it will be at least another couple of years. Also I'm not a fan of his draft strategies at all, I like the idea of taking the bpa, not filling a need, Bryan seems to do it the other way.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Purgatory
    Posts
    6,297
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_at_york View Post
    Pride, honour and all that great stuff.
    Why the damn Canadian team has to have integrity for the game? I still remember the 2006-07 Boston Celtics tank job. How did they do after that season? Championship!

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Purgatory
    Posts
    6,297
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor17 View Post
    I wasn't mad that we got Lowry, but I was mad we gave them our pick. We should of at least tried to get a pick back or get lowry without giving up a pick. I don't know what Houston wanted, but the way they gave away all their players so easily I would think it wouldnt have been too hard to trade for Lowry without giving the pick up
    When we acquired Lowry we were thinking about a Playoff spot. I donít think anyone (may be not everyone) thought there is a chance that this team is lottery bound

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cowgary
    Posts
    2,510
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. The amount of criticism, complaining or whining if that's what you want to call it is because we are a very passionate fanbase, we are a proud fanbase, we are hungry for a winner, we deserve a winner. When I see a team like this one, it is very discouraging. We were supposed to take a step forward this year even if we didn't get to the playoffs. At this point it looks like we've taken a step back. I think fans have every reason to be frustrated, pissed off and quite frankly embarrassed.

    The reason I want BC gone is because it was clear as day to me that a full rebuild was required when Bosh left, we were an 8th seed team at best with him. With no talent coming to replace him the writing was on the wall. He basically had a free pass to tear it down and start over and he didn't, and now it looks like it will be at least another couple of years. Also I'm not a fan of his draft strategies at all, I like the idea of taking the bpa, not filling a need, Bryan seems to do it the other way.
    Exactly. Swinging for the fences will get you a few home runs and a lot of strike-outs.


    "Juuuuuuuuuuuuust a bit outside. Wild Thing tried for the corner and missed."

  9. #39
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    50,092
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. The amount of criticism, complaining or whining if that's what you want to call it is because we are a very passionate fanbase, we are a proud fanbase, we are hungry for a winner, we deserve a winner. When I see a team like this one, it is very discouraging. We were supposed to take a step forward this year even if we didn't get to the playoffs. At this point it looks like we've taken a step back. I think fans have every reason to be frustrated, pissed off and quite frankly embarrassed.

    The reason I want BC gone is because it was clear as day to me that a full rebuild was required when Bosh left, we were an 8th seed team at best with him. With no talent coming to replace him the writing was on the wall. He basically had a free pass to tear it down and start over and he didn't, and now it looks like it will be at least another couple of years. Also I'm not a fan of his draft strategies at all, I like the idea of taking the bpa, not filling a need, Bryan seems to do it the other way.
    Wait... what? You think that BC tries to fill needs? How do you see that? If he was doing that then Jonas wouldn't have been picked last year. Also Ross is a SG just like DeMar. Please explain.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    11,210
    vCash
    2166
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_at_york View Post
    Wait... what? You think that BC tries to fill needs? How do you see that? If he was doing that then Jonas wouldn't have been picked last year. Also Ross is a SG just like DeMar. Please explain.
    Jonas a C - we didn't have one

    Ross an athletic wing - a shooter - SG/SF - we didn't have one.

    filling needs.



  11. #41
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cowgary
    Posts
    2,510
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by koreancabbage View Post
    Jonas a C - we didn't have one

    Ross an athletic wing - a shooter - SG/SF - we didn't have one.

    filling needs.
    Exactly. When Barnes didn't fall to us he picked the next closest thing instead of looking for the best player left on board.

    .....although there's been lots of talk saying that they though Ross WAS the best player available, but I'm starting to think that Colangelo is just a walking PR machine with too much starch in his dry-cleaning.


    "Juuuuuuuuuuuuust a bit outside. Wild Thing tried for the corner and missed."

  12. #42
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    50,092
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by koreancabbage View Post
    Jonas a C - we didn't have one
    We had Ed Davis and Amir Johnson on the roster. Both played a bunch last year in the big man spots (which reminds me Davis is another good example of BPA)

    Quote Originally Posted by koreancabbage View Post
    Ross an athletic wing - a shooter - SG/SF - we didn't have one.

    filling needs.
    I feel he is more of a SG, same with DeMar.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,991
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Mund View Post
    Exactly. When Barnes didn't fall to us he picked the next closest thing instead of looking for the best player left on board.

    .....although there's been lots of talk saying that they though Ross WAS the best player available, but I'm starting to think that Colangelo is just a walking PR machine with too much starch in his dry-cleaning.
    Well, he's actually stated that the team passed on a player who they thought was a top 5 talent based on that player's lack of mental intensity(I'm assuming that player is Drummond)


    The Brilliant Plan of How to Get Andrew Wiggins in a Toronto Uniform
    Quote Originally Posted by deaner View Post
    All I'm saying is the league wants to see Toronto succeeded. An outside chance Silver could say to philly... You know... That's a great trade offer from Toronto for the first pick. It's up to you but we'd love to see wiggins in Toronto.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    50,092
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Mund View Post
    Exactly. When Barnes didn't fall to us he picked the next closest thing instead of looking for the best player left on board.

    .....although there's been lots of talk saying that they though Ross WAS the best player available, but I'm starting to think that Colangelo is just a walking PR machine with too much starch in his dry-cleaning.
    who was the best player left on the board? Austin Rivers? I am not sure about him.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    8,277
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by lotofgoodthings View Post
    I don't get why everyone wants BC and Casey fired, losing is the only realistic way for a franchise like the Raptors to win. This is the first time we've been a serious basement dweller in forever and actually may have a shot and some real talent in the draft and most of you are b*itching about it. Both should be here for 2 more years until we have Wiggins (and maybe someone else if we are bottom three this year) in a Raptors uniform and then you can commence ur b*tching once again.

    This is the reason why the Leafs are constantly awful because stupid fans whine everytime a proper rebuild is attempted and management is forced into making stupid moves to shut them up.
    i agree the losing is the only way for the raptors to get better. However i think they should have been doing that last couple of years. Instead BC is trying to win a few more games by overpaying for mediocre talent (kleiza, amir, fields). I would love it if the raptors just tank but BC has no intention of doing that, he wants to get a contract extension. He will **** up the franchise in the long term for very small short term gains.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •