Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Why?

It's more information for those that choose to access/utilize that information. You don't have to know this information. But when people make claims about a players ability to do something, it's nice to know the right answer when it's available.

I will never understand why more information makes things less enjoyable for anyone.
    Most people dont like it because it takes subjective opinion and cliches that have been relied on for so long out of the picture.

It's like any sort of change....always resistance

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    those numbers arent that far off.................
    .040 of OBP is significant....

Difference between average and above average

vCash
    Being a one-year deal, I like this move for Cleveland.

Slumpy Shoulder HR Counter: 10

vCash
    Far enough to be separated by

23 points in wOBA

Adam Dunn has the same offensive value as Adrian Gonzalez and Paul Konerko

Mark Reynolds has the same offensive value as Russell Branyan and Reggie Sanders
    No way!!! I get and agree with what you're saying that Dunn has more offensive value than Reynolds. Reynolds is an Adam Dunn Jr.

But not a chance does Dunn have the same value as Gonzalez or Konerko. Doesn't matter what stat is pulled up all Dunn brings to the table is a lot of power and walks, that's it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kokes View Post
    No way!!! I get and agree with what you're saying that Dunn has more offensive value than Reynolds. Reynolds is an Adam Dunn Jr.

But not a chance does Dunn have the same value as Gonzalez or Konerko. Doesn't matter what stat is pulled up all Dunn brings to the table is a lot of power and walks, that's it.
    Which he does frequently enough to reach others in values.

He hits enough home runs that he can win individual games enough to carry all those strike outs. He also sees a ton of pitches, and takes enough walks that you can live with the outs he creates.

Interestingly enough. While the strike outs are not productive outs, he creates so few outs overall (compared to the rest of baseball) that he is a very productive player. Obviously not his 2011 season. But he is a very good hitter, and one of the better ones of the last decade overall. He just does it in a different way than most.

vCash
    Which he does frequently enough to reach others in values.

He hits enough home runs that he can win individual games enough to carry all those strike outs. He also sees a ton of pitches, and takes enough walks that you can live with the outs he creates.

Interestingly enough. While the strike outs are not productive outs, he creates so few outs overall (compared to the rest of baseball) that he is a very productive player. Obviously not his 2011 season. But he is a very good hitter, and one of the better ones of the last decade overall. He just does it in a different way than most.
    I like Dunn, I laughed after 2011 when people started saying how bad he was. I'm probably going to get ripped for this but, contracts in account, I would rather have Dunn than Fielder. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Fielder wearing the D but I would take Dunn and $10M over him any day.

That said, he's great at what he does but I don't think he can be placed with Konerko and Gonzalez. Both of them put up the same numbers plus a lot better avg. Dunn will give you a few more homers and walks but not enough to place him in that level.

vCash
    Not a huge fan but he's a good stop gap.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1-800-STFU View Post
    .040 of OBP is significant....

Difference between average and above average
    dunn also make smore moeny, so all things consdier, its not that big of a differnece
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xnick5757 View Post

he is the worst defensive 1st baseman in the league, by far

-14.2 UZR/150 at 1st base for his career
    As an O's fan, he was horrid at 3B, but he dramatically improved when he was switched to 1B. The O's defense fell into place when he was moved to first and Machado was brought up. I don't care what sabermetrics tell you, he played good D at first last year.

He isn't a gold glover, but he is not the worst 1B in the league, by any means.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    dunn also make smore moeny, so all things consdier, its not that big of a differnece
    Well....thats the reason he makes more money, he's better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1-800-STFU View Post
    Well....thats the reason he makes more money, he's better.
    i get that. my point is if youi dotn have that kind of money, reynolds is a similair fall back. the poor mans adam dunn
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    the yanks should have gone after him for 1 year.....and hes cheaper than the youk

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rockbottom2010 View Post
    the yanks should have gone after him for 1 year.....and hes cheaper than the youk
    Depending how long A-Rod will actually be out. Guy can't play a lick of 3B, but if he only had to play the first month then sure, could move him to DH after and give both Teixeira and A-Rod days off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kokes View Post
    I like Dunn, I laughed after 2011 when people started saying how bad he was. I'm probably going to get ripped for this but, contracts in account, I would rather have Dunn than Fielder. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Fielder wearing the D but I would take Dunn and $10M over him any day.

That said, he's great at what he does but I don't think he can be placed with Konerko and Gonzalez. Both of them put up the same numbers plus a lot better avg. Dunn will give you a few more homers and walks but not enough to place him in that level.
    Purely with the bat (not glove, not base running) Adam Dunn is easily better then Ichiro career wise, it's not even that close.

OPS and OPS+ in order:

J. Thome .956 - 147
    Gonzalez .877 - 136
    Ad Dunn .870 - 126
    Konerko .858 - 121
    Morneau .842 - 123
    Griffy Jr .790 - 118
    Ichiro S .784 - 113

Dunn is in some serious company here.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Purely with the bat (not glove, not base running) Adam Dunn is easily better then Ichiro career wise, it's not even that close.

OPS and OPS+ in order:

J. Thome .956 - 147
    Gonzalez .877 - 136
    Ad Dunn .870 - 126
    Konerko .858 - 121
    Morneau .842 - 123
    Griffy Jr .790 - 118
    Ichiro S .784 - 113

Dunn is in some serious company here.
    Like I said, he's great at getting walks and power. Hitting wise, if you truly believe he's better than Ichiro I don't know what to tell you other then watch a little more baseball.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast