Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Indians, 1B Mark Reynolds Agree To Terms

The Indians have reached an agreement with Mark Reynolds on a one-year contract worth $6MM, says Brittany Ghiroli of MLB.com (via Twitter) after Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com first reported that a deal was imminent (on Twitter). With Reynolds manning first base, the Indians will turn to Lonnie Chisenhall as their starter at the hot corner, which may eliminate any possibility of Kevin Youkilis heading to Cleveland, writes Heyman (Twitter link).

The 29-year-old Reynolds batted .221/.335/.429 with 23 long balls for the Orioles this year in a roller coaster season. Reynolds had just a .681 OPS on Aug. 5 before exploding to bat .284/.399/.610 with 13 of his 23 homers over the next 40 games. He then slumped to finish the season, collecting just six hits in his final 48 trips to the plate.
    Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...qV4qlqxXFQz.99

vCash
    I love Mark Reynolds!

vCash
    Only 1 year and 6 million for a guy who offers a ton of power and good defense when playing first. He's not Youkilis but he's 6 million dollars cheaper and the Indians will have to live with his strikeouts because he contrasts them with big flys. Since its not a long commitment and the Indians needed a righty bat in their lineup, this makes sense.

vCash
    Youkilis to Yankees in 3...2...1...

vCash
    I kind of root for the Indians living in Columbus. Santana-Reynolds-Kipnis-Cabrera-Choo is a nice little lineup, adding someone like Swisher and getting consistent play out of Brantley and/or Chisenhall would be huge.

Coming soon to a TKRO stadium near you

vCash
    Wonder if the Indians will get a pitcher, but at the market rate, it might be too expensive via FA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VRP723:24660111
    I kind of root for the Indians living in Columbus. Santana-Reynolds-Kipnis-Cabrera-Choo is a nice little lineup, adding someone like Swisher and getting consistent play out of Brantley and/or Chisenhall would be huge.
    Yeah me too.
    Indians & A's are my AL teams.

Reynolds is such a rollercoaster hitter. Every time he hits a Homer its a bomb but god dam does he K a lot

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekJeterDan View Post
    Only 1 year and 6 million for a guy who offers a ton of power and good defense when playing first. He's not Youkilis but he's 6 million dollars cheaper and the Indians will have to live with his strikeouts because he contrasts them with big flys. Since its not a long commitment and the Indians needed a righty bat in their lineup, this makes sense.

he is the worst defensive 1st baseman in the league, by far

-14.2 UZR/150 at 1st base for his career

Thanks for the Memories Suarez!

vCash
    Great deal

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xnick5757 View Post

Only you look foolish here for spamming the laugh button and blowing up the word in bright red as a means of getting attention.

I stand by my statement. For 6 million dollars he's not a bad investment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xnick5757 View Post

He was better defensively at 1st base for the Orioles last year, at only -2 DRS which isn't terrible by any means.

He also got significantly more time at 1st last year than any other time in his career.

957 innings last year compared to just over 600 innings in 4 years before that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    He was better defensively at 1st base for the Orioles last year, at only -2 DRS which isn't terrible by any means.

He also got significantly more time at 1st last year than any other time in his career.

957 innings last year compared to just over 600 innings in 4 years before that.
    Thanks Metswon that is a very good post.

I remember watching Reynolds making web gems at first against the Yankees.

Maybe he's not the best defender, but they want him for his power.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VRP723 View Post
    Choo will most likely get traded, if that happens I'm guessing they will go after Swisher.

Quote Originally Posted by doyerfan59 View Post
    Wonder if the Indians will get a pitcher, but at the market rate, it might be too expensive via FA.
    If I were an Indians fan I would pray for it. lol The only pitcher they have that's half decent is McAllister.

Quote Originally Posted by The 6-4-3 View Post
    Yeah me too.
    Indians & A's are my AL teams.

Reynolds is such a rollercoaster hitter. Every time he hits a Homer its a bomb but god dam does he K a lot
    Say hello to the right handed Adam Dunn.

vCash
    A lot of posters on Mlbtraderumors are citing Reynolds as a great first baseman for his ability to stretch for balls and dig throws out of the dirt.

That's what I saw with my own eyes as well.

I enjoy seeing brash haters being proved wrong.
    Especially ones who act childish and in your face when in fact they are wrong.

I stick by my statement that Reynolds defended well in 2012.
    Defensive metrics contain flaws and honestly Reynolds isn't the best but good is not such an outlandish adjective that it should elicit 20 laugh icons and big bold font.

That is wrong. No one likes a cyber bully.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kokes View Post
    Say hello to the right handed Adam Dunn.
    Except Dunn is productive.

Career
    Dunn
    .240/.370/.499
    Reynolds
    .235/.332/.475

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast