Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Yanks Sign Kevin Youkilis, 1 Year $12 Million

Could another former Red Sox player be about to get fitted for pinstripes?

The Yankees have finally made an offer to a third baseman, offering Kevin Youkilis a one-year, $12 million contract, according to Bryan Hoch.

After a dismal start to 2012 in Boston, where hit .233 with four home runs, Youkilis was traded to the Chicago White Sox and posted more representative numbers. In 80 games,...

per Newsday

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    I figured it would be around $12 million. I wouldn't hate the move at all. The fact that it's a one year deal is great.
    FC Bayern Munchen

New York Yankees

vCash
    Youk was an huge improvement over the crap we ran out there at 3B, but...

-his bat has slowed down and he has lost his legs in his swing. There were days when he was all arms. And these days came after he played 3-4 days in a row.

-he was decent at the hot corner when he got here, but his range was diminishing on a daily basis because of his knees and his back.

Youk sadly isn't an everyday player anymore at least at 3rd. He is essentially a right handed Eric Chavez.

vCash
    If revenge is on Youk's mind, there are fewer places where he could extract that pound of flesh.

vCash
    What a joke the Yankees FO is, crying fiscal responsibility then offering a clearly washed up Youk 12Mill....

I'm sorry but I would take Chavez @ 3mill everyday and twice on sunday, too bad Cashman likes to fall asleep at the wheel and knows no other strategy than to slap the most recognizable name over whatever hole the team might have.

12 mill for Youk, Brian go **** yourself....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYY09 View Post
    What a joke the Yankees FO is, crying fiscal responsibility then offering a clearly washed up Youk 12Mill....

I'm sorry but I would take Chavez @ 3mill everyday and twice on sunday, too bad Cashman likes to fall asleep at the wheel and knows no other strategy than to slap the most recognizable name over whatever hole the team might have.

12 mill for Youk, Brian go **** yourself....
    Yup. Youk has a higher upside than Chavez, but, in reality how much better will he be, with his own leg and hip issues? He's an emotionally driven guy and you could expect him to the best the Sox a couple of times single handed, but it's not worth it and I'm surprised to see anyone say it's anything but a required move because what else is there? "the glove" Reynolds?

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Yanks will probably luck out and Youk will return to form and be a gem for them.

vCash
    Youk in pinstripes.....interesting

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Yup. Youk has a higher upside than Chavez, but, in reality how much better will he be, with his own leg and hip issues? He's an emotionally driven guy and you could expect him to the best the Sox a couple of times single handed, but it's not worth it and I'm surprised to see anyone say it's anything but a required move because what else is there? "the glove" Reynolds?
    The problem is letting it get to the point where those are amongst the final options. And you're exactly right, they want to pay 12 mill to guy who's almost as fragile as the guy who signed for 3 mill in 'zona higher upside or not, he's not 4 times the player Chavez is.

vCash
    With Youk and A-Rod splitting 3B the question is if Yankee Stadium will be installing hand rails along the 3B line to compensate for all those hip problems.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZHawk1123 View Post
    Yanks will probably luck out and Youk will return to form and be a gem for them.
    Can you roll me one too? I'd like to see what ur seeing....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StryderSox View Post
    With Youk and A-Rod splitting 3B the question is if Yankee Stadium will be installing hand rails along the 3B line to compensate for all those hip problems.
    Well, YS3 IS very handicapped accessible so maybe....

And, Arod will be out most of the year, if not all. Book it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYY09 View Post
    Can you roll me one too? I'd like to see what ur seeing....
    I'm saying that the Yankees always get lucky with these types of signings and get a lot more out of players than any other team normally would... Freddy Garcia... Eric Chavez... Bartolo Colon... Andruw Jones...

vCash
    Greek God of Walks?

I'll take it
    Go Knicks!

All time

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZHawk1123 View Post
    I'm saying that the Yankees always get lucky with these types of signings and get a lot more out of players than any other team normally would... Freddy Garcia... Eric Chavez... Bartolo Colon... Andruw Jones...
    You do know that the players you're talking about were scrap-heap pickups signed for peanuts not guys singed to 8 figure contracts. Yes, they performed well, but its apples and oranges bud...

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast