Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who is the better hitter?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chris Davis

0 0%
  • Miguel Cabrera

14 100.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Who is the better hitter....Miggy or Chris Davis?

Not better season. Who has the better hitting ability and why?
    2014 Adopt-A-Lion: Golden Tate

vCash
    Come on, it's easily Cabrera
    Foam Party!

vCash
    Bait...

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    In terms of pure hitting, who has been better than Miggy in the past decade? Not too many, and definitely not Chris Davis.

vCash
    Yeah i don't really see the point in this thread, it's obviously Cabrera.

Even if we are talking about this season, it's still Cabrera.

Cabrera: .473 wOBA, 204 wRC+, 1.132 OPS
    Davis: .445 wOBA, 184 wRC+, 1.079 OPS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Bait...
    How is this a bait? Jeffy thinks Miggy is a better hitter but not my much. I wanted to see if others also thought Miggy and Davis were roughly equivalent as hitters.

I know you hate Miggy...so do you agree with Jeffy? Roughly equivalent hitters, Miggy slightly better?

Call me a homer or whatever I don't care. I think Miggy is the vastly superior hitter to Chris Davis and the rest of this season and the rest of their careers from this point on will easily show that.
    Last edited by FortDetroit; 07-12-2013 at 01:41 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    How is this a bait? Jeffy thinks Miggy is a better hitter but not my much. I wanted to see if others also thought Miggy and Davis were roughly equivalent as hitters.

I know you hate Miggy...so do you agree with Jeffy? Roughly equivalent hitters, Miggy slightly better?

Call me a homer or whatever I don't care. I think Miggy is the vastly superior hitter to Chris Davis and the rest of this season and the rest of their careers from this point on will easily show that.
    But in the context of comparing them to this point in the season, there is not much of a difference between them. Miggy only holds slight edges on Davis in a lot of categories.
    Last edited by metswon69; 07-12-2013 at 04:27 PM.

vCash
    It's ridic to compare the two in their careers or overall ability, seeing as davis has only really been this good this season only. But as far as this season goes they are comparable, but I think miggy is slightly better
    "If you find yourself in the majority, rethink your position" - Mark Twain

vCash

See post #4. It's a joke, and it isn't close. Miggy is far ahead of Davis at this point, and I don't see davis ever being in Miggy's class either - it's silly.

I don't hate Miggy. People jumped on me saying Agon was a match for him (which he was when I said it), and I put out a number of issues Miggy had had, and might have again. Well he didn't and Agon fell apart - oh well. No hate there - although I see clearly that Trout should have been the MVP last year - that's driven by the facts as I see them.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    But in the context of comparing them to this point in the season, there is not much of a difference between them. Miggy only holds slight edges on Davis in a lot of categories.
    Ridiculous.

park/era adjusted:

Miggy: .368/.458/ .683 RC: 111 RC/G: 12.2
    Davis: .269/.326/ .511 RC: 092 RC/G: 10.6

That's close? That's a major wipe out of Miggy >> davis

Miggy's stats look like something out of 1931 (one of the craziest offensive years of all time). Gehrig in his prime in 1931: .327/.430/.635 (adjusted) - guess what? Miggy so far is beating out Gehrig (LG's 4th best season). Davis isn't in the same area code. Please.

vCash
    Miguel Cabrera, because of common sense.
    "We're snakebitten, baby." --Fred Wilpon

vCash
    Miggy.
    Favourite Teams:

Boston Red Sox: 63-80, games this week vs. Orioles (3), Royals (4)
    Indianapolis Colts: 0-1, Week 2 vs. Eagles
    Minnesota Timberwolves: New team, hoping for good things this season.
    Ottawa Senators: 37-31-14, season over, free agency begins this week.

vCash
    Adam Jones is thrilled to have Chris Davis as an Orioles teammate, and just as excited with the season Davis, the left-handed slugger, is having.

But all that talk this week comparing Davis and the man going for a second straight Triple Crown, Tigers slugger Miguel Cabrera, well, that probably needs to stop.

“There’s no comparison,” Jones said, flatly.

“That,” he continued, pointing down the aisle to Cabrera’s locker in the Citi Field visitors clubhouse, “is the best hitter, honestly over the last seven, eight years. He took over for (Albert) Pujols.”
    http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...117/1129/rss15

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Ridiculous.

park/era adjusted:

Miggy: .368/.458/ .683 RC: 111 RC/G: 12.2
    Davis: .269/.326/ .511 RC: 092 RC/G: 10.6

That's close? That's a major wipe out of Miggy >> davis

Miggy's stats look like something out of 1931 (one of the craziest offensive years of all time). Gehrig in his prime in 1931: .327/.430/.635 (adjusted) - guess what? Miggy so far is beating out Gehrig (LG's 4th best season). Davis isn't in the same area code. Please.
    I was talking about this year.

Cabrera: .473 wOBA, 204 wRC+, 1.132 OPS
    Davis: .445 wOBA, 184 wRC+, 1.079 OPS

wRC+ is obviously park and league adjusted.

Davis's home run totals, OPS, wOBA, and other numbers are aided by playing in a lot of AL East ballparks so yeah i didn't take full park adjustments into account.
    Last edited by metswon69; 07-17-2013 at 04:29 AM.

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SJ5382 View Post
    Miguel Cabrera, because of common sense.
    This.

It's a no-brainer. I'm actually surprised the thread was still open......

Shea Stadium Scoreboard May 31, 1964

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since 1987
    Los Angeles Kings 2012 and 2014 Stanley Cup Champions -
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast