Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: PLEASE VOTE: Do you believe ESPN does a good job?

Voters
126. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

38 30.16%
  • No

88 69.84%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    vCash
    ESPN has been on the decline for some time now.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuckus View Post
    You can't spell Worley without W.

vCash
    Yes, to some extent. On one hand, they are THE sports network and they're always on their game when it comes to breaking news. On the other hand, they focus way too muhc on certain teams and players. It's all a business, though, so we just have to sit back and take it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    Yes, to some extent. On one hand, they are THE sports network and they're always on their game when it comes to breaking news. On the other hand, they focus way too muhc on certain teams and players. It's all a business, though, so we just have to sit back and take it.
    Really? lol

I actually change the channel!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrat218 View Post
    Really? lol

I actually change the channel!
    Well, if you really want to watch a sports channel and be informed on what;s going on in the sports world but are too lazy to go online.

vCash
    I don't care for ESPN catering their shows to the big market. I'm fine with that. But they also focus more and more on meathead topics. Like Player X is clutch, team Y has quit, Player Z is a choker.
    No X's and O's, no analysis just made up intangibles ********. And they talk way too much NBA for my liking. Some people obviously do watch it, but I don't see the point in talking about one meaningless regular season game out of 82 in a league where over half of the teams make the playoffs. It's probably as stupid(or even more stupid since it's tough to make the playoffs in MLB) to talk at lenght about a singled out baseball game. I just have the feeling that ESPN/ABC as the league's biggest national broadcast partner is trying to shove that league down their audiences' throat.

I love their college football stuff though. College Gameday is awesome.

vCash
    I like to watch ESPN. People just hate on ESPN because others do and they just go with the popular assumption. I don't have a problem with them, I just don't like when they disregard when a player had a good game when they show the highlights. Like for example, they showed Kings, Pistons highlights a few weeks ago, they talked about Demarcus Cousins double double, when Greg Monroe had the seasons 1st triple double and he's a damn center and it wasn't talked about at all. Other than that I don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by DreDrum#1 View Post
    This is where nba experts are find SVG's worth and the Pistons seed projection: 11th in the east. Like i said: SVG hasnt done $h!t

http://www.freep.com/videonetwork/3679829820001

vCash
    Here's a great example of the homerism that goes on there..

Anyone listen to Mike & Mike this morning? (I do usually like that show)

They had Pierre Garcon on and asked him about 8 questions...7 of them were about Peyton Manning...no joke.

WTF...the guy is on to talk about himself, the redskins, etc.

vCash
    The "analysis" annoys the **** out of me since they just use sport cliches for the most part.

I usually just watch ESPN news or have it on in the background to keep up with stuff. Rarely watch anything else.

vCash
    Not huge into hockey but TSN seems to know it pretty well. I could be wrong though.

vCash
    Not at all. They will cover MAJOR media markets, thats about it. Everything else is spillage

vCash
    Yea they just do what any business does though. They plug their hot product to much

vCash
    ESPN is great if you live in NY, Boston, or you like the Heat or Lakers.

i swear, during baseball season, every "game of the night" is the Yankees and sometimes Red Sox.

vCash
    Also they have a terrible east coast bias

#KNICKSTAPE #PLAYOFF2013

vCash
    Meh... I could go either way. They spend far too much time talking about the Jets and Cowboys.

"King Felix has hurled more mega quality starts since 2010 than 14 entire MLB teams."
    http://dynamik-farr.deviantart.com/

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345