Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: PLEASE VOTE: Do you believe ESPN does a good job?

Voters
126. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

38 30.16%
  • No

88 69.84%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    Certainly there is some bias at times, but really there aren't any better options.

OK Nick, here is what I need you do. Go over there and grab me some water, a towel, and make yourself comfortable while I WRECK THIS ISH.

My name is Mark Sanchez. I am here to save you.

vCash
    No, because they always focus on the same teams on the East coast. Also they have little to no coverage of hockey (When it's playing)
    With the deepest of regrets I am announcing that I will be leaving Pro Sports Daily. No reason in particular but wanted to thank everyone for a great 6 years here. Lots of great discussion and good poll series as well. Also fun re-drafts. Best of luck to you all in the future.

vCash
    They do a good job for what they're supposed to do: which is stay afloat. I'm as big of a hockey fan as you'll find but I understand why they don't cover it like you'd want them to: hockey doesn't sell in America.

ESPN is awesome for quick sports information. If you're looking for indepth analysis, then don't go to ESPN unless it's about football. You go to MLBN or NHLN or something like that.

I think, generally, those who think it's doing a "bad job" are those who are largely expecting ESPN to do things that ESPN was never going to do or is just above and beyond.
    Don't give up on us now...

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Henry, House of Burgess, 1775
    Give me the playoffs...or give me death!!

vCash
    I don't mind ESPN..but they are horrible about their favorites..(Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Kobe, LeBron, Dallas Cowboys, Philly Eagles, Yankees, Red Sox, Tiger Woods)

They only talk about the same topics it seems....I understand that is all business, those are the people/teams/markets that sell, but man..it gets real old.

Norm is online now Cardinalzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    vCash
    Blame yourselves and this Jersey Shore reality TV show culture.

People's favorite thing all week is C'mon Man and then they wonder why we don't get good sports coverage.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Blame yourselves and this Jersey Shore reality TV show culture.

People's favorite thing all week is C'mon Man and then they wonder why we don't get good sports coverage.

ESPN is garbage all they talk about is New York, Cowboys, Heat, and Lakers.

It's spoonfed to the masses and the only backing facts are oh I played professionally.

Norm is online now Cardinalzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post

ESPN is garbage all they talk about is New York, Cowboys, Heat, and Lakers.

It's spoonfed to the masses and the only backing facts are oh I played professionally.
    Lol.

Look at History Channel. MTV. Why did that happen?

People are mushbrain morons and this is what sells.

vCash
    ESPN is horrible, they talk about the same stuff over and over.

vCash
    ESPN is a bunch of opinionated amateurs pretending to be experts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ill21 View Post
    Yes, they are always quick with delivering news and sportscenter is where is see all of the highlights. But my opinion is biased as well because I have a few family friends that work for espn and I will be working there this summer. The only problem I have is some of their "analyst" don't know **** and are just there because of their names.
    I agree with a lot of this. It isn't the coverage itself that is bad (besides the blatant viewer-grab **** like Tebow/Jets/etc), but they just take the most recently retired players and slap them in an analysts role. I'd rather see more intelligent people actually analyzing games than stupid *** ex-players who are there just to tell us about the "heart" of the teams.

vCash
    they do a good job, IMO. they have to cator to the audience though.
    basically, in condensed form,

out of 100 people, if 75 prefer football, 15 prefer basket ball, 8 baseball, and 2 hockey, you cant divide up the show into equal parts each sport.

and equally, if 25 like cowboys, 25 jets, 20 giants, etc, etc, and 1 like jags, the jags arent going to get alot of air time.

or if they talk about tebow, and get great ratings, then talk about the patriots or something, and they get better ratings for airing tebow, then of course they are going to be talking tebow....

thats just common sense, IMO.

( dont focus on the names or the percentages, i just made that up. the point is, they taylor what they show, what they focus on to what the majority of the audience wants.)

vCash
    Oh and I forgot....

ANYTIME I see Stephen A. or Skip Bayless on tv...I CHANGE THE ****ING CHANNEL..

Those 2 are the absolute worst....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsforever View Post
    For me, I think their hockey coverage says it all. Their is a lockout going on and there has been barely any updates. Meanwhile, the NFL referees go on strike and the world is ending. Give me a break.

Also please vote. Votes are important.
    Took the words out of my mouth, there was actually what seemed to be huge progress last week and it seemed like a deal was almost imminent, and sportscenter talked about it for literally maybe 10 seconds.

vCash
    They have like 4 shows usually on back to back (first take, PTI, numbers never lie, around the horn) that are essentially the same format, discussing the exact same topics. Oh, I guess we didn't get enough "are the HEAT in danger" (after every single loss) the first three times, better let all those dickheads on around the horn go at it.

Numbers never lie is the absolute worst though. You got the fat idiot who uses 'man' as a prefix, that smug urkel MFer, and jalen rose. The three musketeers of ****** sports debate.

Oh, and I hate the ticker. It's distracting and I wish I could turn it off.

vCash
    I voted yes ONLY because they deliver breaking news quickly. If not for that, I would have voted no because some of the Analysts "professional opinions" are laughable.
    You Too Can Achieve This When You Visit The Fitness Forum!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast