Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: PLEASE VOTE: Do you believe ESPN does a good job?

Voters
126. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

38 30.16%
  • No

88 69.84%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    They do a nice job catering to casual fans, but their coverage overall is pretty awful. It's bland, watered down and incredibly biased.

I'll watch my teams play on their network when I don't have any other choice, but I try to avoid all of their original programming and stick with NBA TV, NFLN, MLBN, etc. if I want to see highlights that last more than 3 seconds.

vCash
    For me, I think their hockey coverage says it all. Their is a lockout going on and there has been barely any updates. Meanwhile, the NFL referees go on strike and the world is ending. Give me a break.

Also please vote. Votes are important.

vCash
    It's becoming a very biased network. And I don't like it.

But I'm alright with it, because there's nothing I can do about it - I'm from Indiana, a small market area with small market teams. And nothing I say or do will change that.

They cater to the big market fans cause that's where they get the most views, hence the creation of other branches of ESPN Los Angeles, ESPN Chicago, New York, etc.

#iubb

vCash
    Once the games start, they're fine. Their college sports coverage, especially football, is great. The rest of their studio shows are awful.

vCash
    ESPN isn't on basic cable here in Canada so I voted no.

vCash
    I like Baseball Tonight, the "experts" aren't great but the hosts are usually solid, and the highlights and such is great and an easy way to catch up on a lot of games in a small amount of time.

However, I wish shows like PTI and First Take would just ignore baseball. It's a much more analytical game, and unlike basketball and football a lot more can be proven with numbers, so they just look like idiots.

Coming soon to a TKRO stadium near you

vCash
    Oh, and Jalen Rose? Really?

vCash
    I mean, every game is available to watch via League Pass, Extra Innings, etc. You can't complain about the games they broadcast. They broadcast games that will get the best ratings, and that's fine. So that's not a problem.

Sportscenter can be awful at times, but it does still do a good job getting all the info you need in a relatively quick amount of time. If you're upset they aren't talking about the Bobcats vs. Suns game, well, sorry. Turn on the computer for 60 seconds and you'll get what you need.

Their opinion stuff is often what screws them, but it brings in ratings. Skip and Stephen A are horrible, but they bring in the ratings, and that's what ESPN wants. Wilbon is a blowhard, but PTI serves its purpose well (covers a lot of topics quickly with basic insight). ATH is entertaining. SportsNation annoys me, but it's GREAT for casual fans. So on...

Baseball tonight is fine. As much as I hate Chris Berman, their gameday NFL stuff is as comprehensive as there is on TV, even the NFL Network's stuff. College Gameday is awesome. NBA Countdown is pretty meh, but whatever. Their hosts for most of these types of shows are solid.

Their 30 for 30 stuff is awesome. They have the ESPYs.

It has its flaws, but what major news station doesn't (FOX, CNN, E!, MSNBC etc.). They cater to the masses and that pisses people off, but you can't expect them not to.

vCash
    i think its fine

vCash
    I remember ESPN from when I was a kid when it really was about total sports coverage. Now they are a mega business and its essentially about what is gonna make them or their partners get more viewers aka money. Therefore you get football more than any other sport even in the offseason.

And on the flipside some sports such as MMA they give virtually no coverage. They pretty much refuse to cover the UFC because they opted against ESPN and signed a deal with Fox. Not only that but shortly after ran a piece on Outside the Lines about how they cheat their fighters out of money. Very unprofessional IMO.

vCash
    ESPN has all the tools to be a mega sports center, but their problem is they seem to always have an agenda.

Its way to obvious,

Now I can't fly my airplane

Dmac is offline Moderator Cullen Bohannon
    vCash
    I don't watch ESPN much anymore. I am mostly a baseball fan so I just watch the MLB channel.

The only things I watch on ESPN are 30 for 30 and Sports Center occasionally.

vCash
    Doris Burke

vCash
    yes, but they have a grudge with the NHL which is why they never show it.
    King Remembered In Time
    New Jersey Devils/Brooklyn Nets/New York Yankees/New York Jets

12/7/12 R.I.P Off-topic-forum amigo.

Want to be President of PSD? Post here to enroll. No skills needed!
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...ction-Nominees

vCash
    I'm going to say yes and that's because they broadcast and discuss what the majority of people want to hear and that's all you can really ask of an entertainment news company.

The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast