Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: PLEASE VOTE: Do you believe ESPN does a good job?

Voters
126. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

38 30.16%
  • No

88 69.84%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    Its poopy

vCash
    The question is so broad. My answer is yes because I get informed of what I need to know

There coverage or bias towards other sports is a different question but If you need to know if anything happened with a sport today you can go to espn and wait for it to pop up on the bottom line because it will be there

Coverage? Time spent on other sports? There expert analysis? Etc I think that's a different question and for a different response

First Sim League Title!

vCash
    I think most of the "anti-ESPN" arguments are ****ing stupid.

Like Ram4PrezMan said, they're a business. They can only do so much. I think they balance it greatly.

vCash
    No they play the same show over and over. The coverage is unfair and boring.
    It's all football and basketball. They only cover like 8 teams total and they cover no hockey or other sports like that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Driven View Post
    I think most of the "anti-ESPN" arguments are ****ing stupid.

Like Ram4PrezMan said, they're a business. They can only do so much. I think they balance it greatly.
    I think the "they're a business" arguments are generally pretty stupid as well.

Believe it or not, you can have a successful business (especially when you're the only game in town and have been for so long) without watering down your product, showing clear bias and catering to idiots.

People are going to watch ESPN regardless because they have so many contracts with the NBA, NCAA & MLB...I think most have issue with their original programming, which is typically the same stories recycled over and over and over again on half hour shows that are all the same (PTI, ATH, etc.) and then sensationalized to death on SportsCenter. Not everyone wants to hear about what Tim Tebow ate for lunch when there are actual highlights that can be shown.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 12-09-2012 at 11:28 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by benzni View Post
    yes, but they have a grudge with the NHL which is why they never show it.
    They never show any because they are in lockout every other season...

vCash
    ESPN really doesn't do it for me anymore.. way too biased towards certain teams/areas. If I want football coverage I watch NFL network, if I want baseball coverage I go to MLB network.

I do however like ESPN.com much more than their tv. Their website is much more in depth and you can get to the stuff that is important to you and just ignore all the crap. lol
    49ers, Athletics, Warriors = Life!

49ers = 12-4
    Warriors = 51-31 Making it rain!
    A's = 59-36 Back to Back AL West Champs!
    WINNING!

vCash
    Yeah, it's annoying at times but it's definitely good.
    Although one thing I've noticed lately is that they definitely have a bias towards stories and teams and games and players that will be on their channel(s) for sure.

Our QB > Yours

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ill21 View Post
    Yes, they are always quick with delivering news and sportscenter is where is see all of the highlights. But my opinion is biased as well because I have a few family friends that work for espn and I will be working there this summer. The only problem I have is some of their "analyst" don't know **** and are just there because of their names.
    This, except substitute will be working there with have already worked there. Also, I don't have family friends that work there but having worked there, I do know people there.
    Patriots Forum HOF Class of 2011

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsforever View Post
    For me, I think their hockey coverage says it all. Their is a lockout going on and there has been barely any updates. Meanwhile, the NFL referees go on strike and the world is ending. Give me a break.

Also please vote. Votes are important.
    ESPN is a business and football is a billion times more popular than hockey. Is it really that complicated to understand?
    Patriots Forum HOF Class of 2011

vCash
    no.incredibly biased and pretty bad,whatever highlights thwy show are short just the dunk/hr/td,ect with the commentator chiming in with whatever crappy catch phase they reach for(i find most of their on air personalities are more concerned with that than anything else).if i'm looking for tv coverage i just go to the league channel(mlb/nfl/nba network),but if your looking for anything in depth than just get your info from the net

...i do like the 30 for 30 series though
    Last edited by abe_froman; 12-10-2012 at 02:57 AM.

vCash
    ESPN for the most part blows. i normally only watch the stuff thats suppsoed to be funny, not sports information related. like aorund the horn or the mayne event
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    during baseball season they show 90% Basketball and Football...... so no

vCash
    they do a good job, but not a great job. considering how big they are- well below how good they should be doing

vCash
    no. They are horrible and worthless to watch if you are a fan of any team not in the northeast, Heat or Lakers.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast