Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: PLEASE VOTE: Do you believe ESPN does a good job?

Voters
126. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

38 30.16%
  • No

88 69.84%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

ESPN's Sport Coverage

Simple question: Do you think ESPN does a good job with its sports coverage? Consider everything, not just Sportscenter although that is obviously a big part. Do you think they do a good job of covering all sports? Its a broad question, please answer the poll!

vCash
    Who else is there?

And by the way, those pants, they belong to my dad.And they're not really pants,
    they're Lederhosen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johann View Post
    Who else is there?
    thats the issue, There is league specific networks, but NBCSN is really the only other "compatition"

vCash
    yes, but unprofessionally.

vCash
    I voted no, they don't even show the Bobcats highlights and if they show the Braves at all it is usually in the last 5-10 minutes. There is a lot they could do better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA_Starter View Post
    I voted no, they don't even show the Bobcats highlights and if they show the Braves at all it is usually in the last 5-10 minutes. There is a lot they could do better.
    Peachtree!

And by the way, those pants, they belong to my dad.And they're not really pants,
    they're Lederhosen

vCash
    Yes, they are always quick with delivering news and sportscenter is where is see all of the highlights. But my opinion is biased as well because I have a few family friends that work for espn and I will be working there this summer. The only problem I have is some of their "analyst" don't know **** and are just there because of their names.
    Future Ace

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ill21 View Post
    Yes, they are always quick with delivering news and sportscenter is where is see all of the highlights. But my opinion is biased as well because I have a few family friends that work for espn and I will be working there this summer. The only problem I have is some of their "analyst" don't know **** and are just there because of their names.
    This, except substitute will be working there with have already worked there. Also, I don't have family friends that work there but having worked there, I do know people there.
    Patriots Forum HOF Class of 2011

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ill21 View Post
    I agree with a lot of this. It isn't the coverage itself that is bad (besides the blatant viewer-grab **** like Tebow/Jets/etc), but they just take the most recently retired players and slap them in an analysts role. I'd rather see more intelligent people actually analyzing games than stupid *** ex-players who are there just to tell us about the "heart" of the teams.

vCash
    I will not help you with your homework, Jeffy.

vCash
    I get my fix from ESPN. Short of 'sources from all sites' on twitter, ESPN does the job.

vCash
    Cover football way more than any other sport. I guess that only sucks for me since I don't watch football. But basketball and especially baseball get a bad deal. When they talk about baseball it's always either the Yankees, Phillies or Red Sox.

vCash
    ESPN does a terrible job. The coverage I receive in Australia is beyond pathetic, 95% of it being American, the rest being Australian or British.

And while I understand that ESPN is an American product (for lack of a better word) there is very, very little coverage of sports around the world.

vCash
    Outside of college football, college basketball and international soccer, they suck. NBCSN is new to the field and CBS Sport network is as well. FOX now has one that's suppose to be coming up soon too. I hope when the NBA's next TV contract runs up that NBCSN/NBC get into the running for it.

Another thing that sucks about them too is that they focus too much on sports that they only broadcast as well.

vCash
    I voted yes for two reasons.

1. fj PM'd me telling me to vote, so I voted for the option he didn't vote for

2. ESPN is a business. They do what they feel will satiate the greatest number of people. Do they do a good job? Well, it depends on what "a good job" means. Obviously they have huge biases, focus on some teams/sports more than others and run with story lines that a lot of people don't care for, but ESPN is HUGE and immensely profitable. We all ***** about it, but most of us still are watching it. There are better alternatives in some definitions of the word, but again, there is a reason why they dominant the sports scene so incredibly much. It's stupid to expect them to cover every sport and every team equally.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast