• AP

22 68.75%
  • Calvin

10 31.25%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bigger freak

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    none as serious as an ACL tear, especially when adrian peterosn comes back as the best back in the NFL 6 MONTHS after tearing it. what AD is doing right now is utterly absurd. calvin johnson ahs not has 4 serious injuries compoared to an ACL
    Nerve damage in your arm causing you to drop catches constantly isn't serious?

If it weren't for injuries, Calvin would probably be sitting around 1800 yards already.

While it's impressive that AP has recovered so fast, what's more impressive about calvin is how crazy his numbers are while battling multiple injuries IN the season.

vCash
    i guess, imo, calvin is easily the best wr in the nfl

ap however, is not only the best rb, but maybe the best player in the nfl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post

If it weren't for injuries, Calvin would probably be sitting around 1800 yards already.

While it's impressive that AP has recovered so fast, what's more impressive about calvin is how crazy his numbers are while battling multiple injuries IN the season.
    Being able to run is more important than occasionally not being able to catch.

Quote Originally Posted by rawz View Post
    you obviously know alot about football, but on this issue, i respectfully disagree.

IMO, at no time, was MJD, or deangelo williams better then adrian peterson.

of course, its a matter of opinion to a certain extent.
    Certainly a matter of opinion. There are plenty of statistics to argue either way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post

not as serious as a torn ACL, no. i didnt say nerve damage wanst a serious injury, i said that none of calvins current injuries compared to a torn ACL. if any did, he would be unable to play. AP recovered from an injury that usually leave yu out at least a year in 6 months, and is the best back in the league coming right of it. he wins this hands down without a debate or discussion
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    I think it depends on how your defining freak. The NFL has seen great RBs like AP before. He is actually from the mold of the all time greats. Calvin is something physically the league has never seen before in size, speed, hands and so forth.

Me and my Boys.
    Thank you PSD for your support and prayers.

vCash
    Results really surprise me.

vCash
    Calvin has the possibility to go down as the GOAT WR ever.....AP might make top 5 rb.....so I go with Calvin

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cub_StuckinSTL View Post
    Calvin has the possibility to go down as the GOAT WR ever.....AP might make top 5 rb.....so I go with Calvin
    looking at jerry rice's numbers, i think its much, much more likely that AP takes over all the records then calvin taking jerry rice's numbers..

i think ap could potential make a case for GOAT,

basically if ap breaks all time yardage record, with all time best YPC average then its a strong argument.

i think AP chance of breaking those is much more plausable then calvin breaking jerry rice yardage, or receptions record. (career)

id say its almost impossible for calvin to get even close....

jerry rice was just to good for calvin to ever be considered goat.
    Last edited by rawz; 12-18-2012 at 03:09 PM.

vCash
    calvin johnson 7539 yards, 27 years old. recepetions= 472

jerry rice, career. 1549 receptions, and 22895 yards..

so, basically calvin johnson would have to AVERAGE 100 RECEPTIONS A YEAR, AND 1600 YARDS A YEAR for 10 more freakin years to beat out jerry rice... so till he was 37 years old.

no way. he is to big. he will wear down. he might do that for 5 more years.. but 10? plus, he has to depend on the qb, and he plays for the lions... i dont see it.

ap on the other hand... is 27 and has 8564 career yards at 27.

the career rushing mark is 18355. so all adrian peterson has to do is average maybe 1400 yards for 7 seasons..

Not saying its likely, cause its not, cause rb wear down quickly, but i think if i had to bet, id obviously say neither would do it, but if i had to pick,

AP easily better chance.

vCash
    AP, The cuts he was making this past weekend were SICK!
    Megatron is no joke though. Maybe the most "gifted" WR ever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rawz View Post
    calvin johnson 7539 yards, 27 years old. recepetions= 472

jerry rice, career. 1549 receptions, and 22895 yards..

so, basically calvin johnson would have to AVERAGE 100 RECEPTIONS A YEAR, AND 1600 YARDS A YEAR for 10 more freakin years to beat out jerry rice... so till he was 37 years old.

no way. he is to big. he will wear down. he might do that for 5 more years.. but 10? plus, he has to depend on the qb, and he plays for the lions... i dont see it.

ap on the other hand... is 27 and has 8564 career yards at 27.

the career rushing mark is 18355. so all adrian peterson has to do is average maybe 1400 yards for 7 seasons..

Not saying its likely, cause its not, cause rb wear down quickly, but i think if i had to bet, id obviously say neither would do it, but if i had to pick,

AP easily better chance.
    Man. That's just insane when you read it like that. The rice part.

vCash
    lady gaga
    2014 Adopt-A-Lion: Golden Tate

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12