Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Bigger freak

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • AP

    22 68.75%
  • Calvin

    10 31.25%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 27 of 27

Thread: Bigger freak

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,981
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    none as serious as an ACL tear, especially when adrian peterosn comes back as the best back in the NFL 6 MONTHS after tearing it. what AD is doing right now is utterly absurd. calvin johnson ahs not has 4 serious injuries compoared to an ACL
    Nerve damage in your arm causing you to drop catches constantly isn't serious?

    If it weren't for injuries, Calvin would probably be sitting around 1800 yards already.

    While it's impressive that AP has recovered so fast, what's more impressive about calvin is how crazy his numbers are while battling multiple injuries IN the season.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Middle America
    Posts
    9,851
    vCash
    2000
    i guess, imo, calvin is easily the best wr in the nfl

    ap however, is not only the best rb, but maybe the best player in the nfl.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    31,711
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    Nerve damage in your arm causing you to drop catches constantly isn't serious?

    If it weren't for injuries, Calvin would probably be sitting around 1800 yards already.

    While it's impressive that AP has recovered so fast, what's more impressive about calvin is how crazy his numbers are while battling multiple injuries IN the season.
    Being able to run is more important than occasionally not being able to catch.

    Quote Originally Posted by rawz View Post
    you obviously know alot about football, but on this issue, i respectfully disagree.

    IMO, at no time, was MJD, or deangelo williams better then adrian peterson.

    of course, its a matter of opinion to a certain extent.
    Certainly a matter of opinion. There are plenty of statistics to argue either way.




  4. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    Nerve damage in your arm causing you to drop catches constantly isn't serious?

    If it weren't for injuries, Calvin would probably be sitting around 1800 yards already.

    While it's impressive that AP has recovered so fast, what's more impressive about calvin is how crazy his numbers are while battling multiple injuries IN the season.
    not as serious as a torn ACL, no. i didnt say nerve damage wanst a serious injury, i said that none of calvins current injuries compared to a torn ACL. if any did, he would be unable to play. AP recovered from an injury that usually leave yu out at least a year in 6 months, and is the best back in the league coming right of it. he wins this hands down without a debate or discussion
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Down Yonder
    Posts
    10,073
    vCash
    1500
    I think it depends on how your defining freak. The NFL has seen great RBs like AP before. He is actually from the mold of the all time greats. Calvin is something physically the league has never seen before in size, speed, hands and so forth.

    Me and my Boys.
    Thank you PSD for your support and prayers.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    88,124
    vCash
    1777
    Results really surprise me.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    70,812
    vCash
    785
    Calvin has the possibility to go down as the GOAT WR ever.....AP might make top 5 rb.....so I go with Calvin

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Middle America
    Posts
    9,851
    vCash
    2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Cub_StuckinSTL View Post
    Calvin has the possibility to go down as the GOAT WR ever.....AP might make top 5 rb.....so I go with Calvin
    looking at jerry rice's numbers, i think its much, much more likely that AP takes over all the records then calvin taking jerry rice's numbers..

    i think ap could potential make a case for GOAT,

    basically if ap breaks all time yardage record, with all time best YPC average then its a strong argument.

    i think AP chance of breaking those is much more plausable then calvin breaking jerry rice yardage, or receptions record. (career)

    id say its almost impossible for calvin to get even close....

    jerry rice was just to good for calvin to ever be considered goat.
    Last edited by rawz; 12-18-2012 at 03:09 PM.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Middle America
    Posts
    9,851
    vCash
    2000
    calvin johnson 7539 yards, 27 years old. recepetions= 472

    jerry rice, career. 1549 receptions, and 22895 yards..

    so, basically calvin johnson would have to AVERAGE 100 RECEPTIONS A YEAR, AND 1600 YARDS A YEAR for 10 more freakin years to beat out jerry rice... so till he was 37 years old.

    no way. he is to big. he will wear down. he might do that for 5 more years.. but 10? plus, he has to depend on the qb, and he plays for the lions... i dont see it.

    ap on the other hand... is 27 and has 8564 career yards at 27.

    the career rushing mark is 18355. so all adrian peterson has to do is average maybe 1400 yards for 7 seasons..

    Not saying its likely, cause its not, cause rb wear down quickly, but i think if i had to bet, id obviously say neither would do it, but if i had to pick,

    AP easily better chance.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    209
    vCash
    1500
    AP, The cuts he was making this past weekend were SICK!
    Megatron is no joke though. Maybe the most "gifted" WR ever.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    88,124
    vCash
    1777
    Quote Originally Posted by rawz View Post
    calvin johnson 7539 yards, 27 years old. recepetions= 472

    jerry rice, career. 1549 receptions, and 22895 yards..

    so, basically calvin johnson would have to AVERAGE 100 RECEPTIONS A YEAR, AND 1600 YARDS A YEAR for 10 more freakin years to beat out jerry rice... so till he was 37 years old.

    no way. he is to big. he will wear down. he might do that for 5 more years.. but 10? plus, he has to depend on the qb, and he plays for the lions... i dont see it.

    ap on the other hand... is 27 and has 8564 career yards at 27.

    the career rushing mark is 18355. so all adrian peterson has to do is average maybe 1400 yards for 7 seasons..

    Not saying its likely, cause its not, cause rb wear down quickly, but i think if i had to bet, id obviously say neither would do it, but if i had to pick,

    AP easily better chance.
    Man. That's just insane when you read it like that. The rice part.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    15,374
    vCash
    1500
    lady gaga
    2014 Adopt-A-Lion: Golden Tate

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •