Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Raymond Felton

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    IDK man, watching the games, specifically Bulls, I feel I was watching a different game than you guys. Bulls writers were saying that was the best D they played all season, we had absolutely nothing on them. Felton was forcing shots because he had to. We moved the ball all over and get nothing.

You can't give the ball to Brewer and say go score. You can't do that with Novak. You can't do that with Tyson, especially if the PnR is not there. Those guys would get swallowed up and not even get a freakin shot off, regardless of how efficient they are when they can expose the defense and get clean looks.

They shut down our pick and roll like they do to most teams, and they didn't leave our shooters. We had nobody capable of drawing doubles to get anyone open. None of those guys had enough space to get shots off. The ball went back to Felton and JR because they are the guys who can get a shot off.

Sheeds shots are terrible. JR has more than his fair share of moments too but I think he brings an all around game that makes up for it most nights. I don't think Felton's shot selection is that much of a problem, and regardless I think a huge chunk of a PG's worth should be dictated by the quality of your offense, and we have one of the best. I gave him his fair share of **** for the Nets game but he has done more than enough to make up for that.
    I get what you're saying, and I myself gave Felton a pass for that 9-30 because he had to shoot alot in that game, but really, its not just one game. Felton's two stints in NY have been mirror images.

He first came in not taking bad shots, only shooting 10-12 shots per game, then he started getting some recognition and it's almost like it goes to his head. In 2010 after about 10-15 games or so his shot attempts went way up, same thing is happening this year, and alot of them are simply bad shots.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    People get on Russell ALOT for the shots he takes, but at least he gets to the FT so much that he can still score alot.

Popovich doesn't play that game, Jackson hasn't been chucking in SA.
    There is only one Popovich. Kobe chucked his way to a slew of titles. Westbrook chucked his way to the finals last year.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    People get on Russell ALOT for the shots he takes, but at least he gets to the FT so much that he can still score alot.

Popovich doesn't play that game, Jackson hasn't been chucking in SA.
    youre 100 buddy

I want to see this argument

vCash
    Hello Laker fan. You are welcome here any time
    Deal with it

vCash
    I get what you're saying, and I myself gave Felton a pass for that 9-30 because he had to shoot alot in that game, but really, its not just one game. Felton's two stints in NY have been mirror images.

He first came in not taking bad shots, only shooting 10-12 shots per game, then he started getting some recognition and it's almost like it goes to his head. In 2010 after about 10-15 games or so his shot attempts went way up, same thing is happening this year, and alot of them are simply bad shots.
    Idk man, I really don't find myself minding the shots he takes out there on the same level as a JR or Wallace. He is going to shoot it everytime they go under the screen and let him step into a jumper, but I think thats a good shot and its clear Woodson has told him to shoot that every time.

Just because you move the ball doesn't mean you're guaranteed to find a better shot or a good shot. When your 1 of 2 or 3 guys that can create a shot, more often than not it will find its way back to you because, like I said above, we have a ton of guys who can't create shots and need to have them manufactured for them.

Without Melo we are not going to beat top defenses unless we play better D than them, which we didn't. If the D neutralizes our pick and roll game were f'ed with out him. If the D neutralizes our pick and roll game WITH him, that means we can exploit 1:1 matchups all day. Thats why IMO guys like Melo are key to championships. Need the elite guy who can create in the midrange and force doubles. Dirks, Kobes, Pierce, Wades of the world.

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    There are some pretty damn good players shoot below and barely above Felton. Also, while you give Westbrook props for his FT prowess, how about a little love for the lack of TO's and 3 point shooting this year? And again, it might just be me, but I put pressure on a PG to run the offense, and when that offense is top 3 in the league, I give that PG his due, just like I would rip him if he was running it into the ground.

vCash
    There is only one Popovich. Kobe chucked his way to a slew of titles. Westbrook chucked his way to the finals last year.
    but you're talking about STAR players. STARS will always chuck some, we know Melo takes bad shots too.

Guys like JR & Felton don't produce enough IMO to be chucking up shots... they literally only score on Fields goals made, so they better damn sure take good shots. Some of the shots those 2 take, I swear they might as well hand the ball over to the other team...lol, because those shots have like a 5% chance of going in.

Kobe, Melo, Russell... those guys might chuck sometimes, and I get on Melo about it too, but they score so much at the FT line and in general that its excusable.

But you have JR & Felton shooting around 40% and NEVER getting to the FT line because most of their shots are long 2's... that's just a really bad combo.

I'm amazed we've been as efficient as we have DESPITE those two... but if we really want to win a title I think that needs to stop or at the very least tone down some.

vCash
    This slow pace killing us. We need to get out on transition

It's party time!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Seats View Post
    Some of liked the Felton signing from the get-go. Just sayin'.
    Word is bond

vCash
    Everyone feel free to give Felton the business after tonight. That was hard to watch.

vCash
    Everyone feel free to give Felton the business after tonight. That was hard to watch.
    haha... he's been pretty horrible the past 3 games.

I TRY real hard to like him, but at the end of the day, I just don't think he's that good.

He's been SOLID for the most part though, and I guess thats all we need.

But I feel much more comfortable with Kidd running the point, I've always said he should start and finish...while Felton plays the bulk of minutes

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal:24692410
    I want to reply to your anti efficiency post put I want to tear it to shreds and it would be a pain on my cell phone. If this thread is still knocking about when I get home on Thursday ill lay into you lol

vCash
    Lets not forget he is hurt before all you come with the lynch mob lol you can see he couldnt handle the ball tonight.
    Video of Carmelo Anthony first time in the Barclays center http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZIIQmQ2qRA

Quote Originally Posted by oballers View Post
    the only statistic I will care about is how many W's we have and how much fun it was watching us get those Ws.

If you don't understand what I mean see the formula below:

((Amount of Joy)* Playoff Wins * # of Championships/ Number of times cheered) * # of beers drunk / % of trash talking

Anji is offline The Nba is his GAME!!!!!!
    vCash
    Deron is bigger, faster and as good defensively.

Deron gives Felton nothing be scraps in the two games we have played and taking what ever he wanted, this is the worst point guard in the league for Ray to play. If he isn't hitting jump shots, Ray has nothing to keep Deron honest.

Still he gave us all he had and that's all we needed.
    My mama said pray for them ****** that hate
    They just wanna be in your place.........

Shine on shine on shine on them ******
    Shine on them ****** (what it ain't what it is)
    Shine on shine on shine on them ******

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234