Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lin

vCash
    If he could just knock down that open 3 his whole game would open up and teams would t double on harden off of him. I didn't have high exceptions for him but I thought he would have played a bit better than he has so far.

vCash
    Meh. Lin looked just fine last night in NO.

I think Calvin Murphy had it right... it's about Lin being free to play the PG role and Harden being free to be a SG.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by torocan View Post
    Meh. Lin looked just fine last night in NO.

I think Calvin Murphy had it right... it's about Lin being free to play the PG role and Harden being free to be a SG.
    Some games it looks like Lin is running the point but most games he's playing the role off a two guard which he's not imo. I don't blame Houston though Harden is a great play maker but this ends up limiting Lin's effectiveness.

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vijg_JwRAL8

Have you guys seen this? Pretty funny.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    I posted this in the NBA forum, but I thought it would relevant here:
    Over the last 10 games, Lin is posting 15.4/6.8/1.8/1.3 on .477 shooting in only 30.8 minutes. In February, he's posting 15.1/6.7/1.4/1.1 on .455/.476/.867 shooting. If he could continue to be this consistent and continue to develop chemistry with Harden, I think he could regularly be a 16/7 guy with solid shooting percentages from all over the floor. And considering how young he is and how early in his career this is, he may even be better than that...
    Anyone who has watched the Rockets this season can see Lin has played much better as of late. I was critical of him in the past, but I really hope this consistency continues and the chemistry between he and Harden improves. If so, he would make for a very solid No. 3 on a playoff contender or maybe even a decent No. 2.

vCash
    I was looking at those numbers before the break, and it's not just him, Harden (27.8/7.5/7.5), Parsons (16/5/5), Asik (13/13) and Patterson (15/5) have all been amazing this month, the whole starting 5. I think they're really starting to click and get confortable with each other. I still expect a lot of inconsistency until the end of the season, but they should only get better and better from now on.

As for Lin, even in the beggining of the season when he was struggling with his shot, he was showing signs of good potential and he would eventually get better, he had some huge games, that 38 point game against San Antonio. He's getting more consistent and his outside shot got a lot better. If he can knock down long shots with consistency as he's doing now, he can definitely be a 15+ point a guy playing next to Harden.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EDUTEXANS View Post
    I was looking at those numbers before the break, and it's not just him, Harden (27.8/7.5/7.5), Parsons (16/5/5), Asik (13/13) and Patterson (15/5) have all been amazing this month, the whole starting 5. I think they're really starting to click and get confortable with each other. I still expect a lot of inconsistency until the end of the season, but they should only get better and better from now on.
    I was noticing it, too. In fact, as I was watching the Portland game last week, I couldn't help but think "maybe they shouldn't trade for anybody and just see how this thing pans out." Everyone (myself included) has been quick to suggest how badly they need a low post No. 2, but Patterson has been pretty solid scoring all over the floor lately and Asik makes up for his deficiency on the glass. I still think Morey has his eye on Dwight Howard, and so do I, but a big piece of me wouldn't mind if they didn't make a move in the offseason at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I was noticing it, too. In fact, as I was watching the Portland game last week, I couldn't help but think "maybe they shouldn't trade for anybody and just see how this thing pans out." Everyone (myself included) has been quick to suggest how badly they need a low post No. 2, but Patterson has been pretty solid scoring all over the floor lately and Asik makes up for his deficiency on the glass. I still think Morey has his eye on Dwight Howard, and so do I, but a big piece of me wouldn't mind if they didn't make a move in the offseason at all.
    And we haven't got to see Jones or Motiejunas yet.

I think if Howard wants to leave LA and wants to play here, Morey should definitely bring no matter what. If not, I think they SHOULD stay pat, at least for big FA signings.

vCash
    Why trade Lin? He has shown that hes committed to the game. He works his butt off and I read that he worked with Gary Payton over the summer. Hes been ok in some games and believe it or not, basketball has a lot to do with coaching. Mcchale will need to improve in getting Lin + harden to work more cohesively. They have been about a B- to B so far, which is pretty good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Farcelona View Post
    Why trade Lin? He has shown that hes committed to the game. He works his butt off and I read that he worked with Gary Payton over the summer. Hes been ok in some games and believe it or not, basketball has a lot to do with coaching. Mcchale will need to improve in getting Lin + harden to work more cohesively. They have been about a B- to B so far, which is pretty good.
    I'm assuming you're responding to the first post, but you have to remember that this thread was made over three months ago. I imagine most Rockets' fans opinions of him have changed over the last month or so.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I still think Morey has his eye on Dwight Howard, and so do I, but a big piece of me wouldn't mind if they didn't make a move in the offseason at all.
    I am warming up to the idea... his back worries me but if we could sign him outright in free agency or swing the type of S&T that sees us giving up very little (like most superstar S&T situations) then it would be more than worth the risk. Asik and some of our young PF corps could surely net us one hell of a stretch 4 to go next to Howard. I really feel like a player like Howard would also make Harden and specifically Lin even more productive.

vCash
    I don't know if they have stats for this kind of stuff but I feel like Patterson may not be that bad at rebounding. He's playing next to Asik (tied for #2 in rebounding) Parsons (17th among SF) Harden (5th among SG) and Jeremy Lin (8th in rebounding for PG). He's obviously not a great rebounder but, I dont think he really needs to be

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TaylorMays View Post
    I don't know if they have stats for this kind of stuff but I feel like Patterson may not be that bad at rebounding. He's playing next to Asik (tied for #2 in rebounding) Parsons (17th among SF) Harden (5th among SG) and Jeremy Lin (8th in rebounding for PG). He's obviously not a great rebounder but, I dont think he really needs to be
    Patterson's TRB%, or the percentage of available rebounds a player gets while on the floor, is 10.3. A good TRB% for a PF should be somewhere in the mid teens. By comparison, Omer Asik's TRB% is an incredibly high 21.8, Smith's is 16.5, Aldrich's is 15.2. Hell, even James Anderson posts a slightly higher TRB% than Patterson, although that's a much smaller sample size and he usually plays on a shorter bench lineup.

But Patterson's TRB% has never been very good for his position. It's gotten progressively worse (13.2 as a rookie), and he was 63rd among 70 PFs in defensive rebound rate last season. It's the one area of his game that has a glaring weakness, but that's a pretty bad one to have for a starting PF. And it's especially disconcerting, because it's not like he's freakishly small for his position and there are similar and smaller players in this league doing a much better job on the glass.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123