Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lin

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jatman20 View Post
    In 2008 Ellis; shot 34% from 3's....the only year I see that he played with decent center or power forward(Al Harrington)....I've been saying imagine him with a good center or if we brought in a good power forward. Not looking to trade Asik (& destroy).
    Look in the other thread where I talked about this already. But I've already mentioned that he played with David Lee, who is an excellent offensive big man inside. Also, an inside, outside game is not necessary for a guard or wing to make three-pointers. If you're getting open looks, you should be making those shots or you shouldn't be taking them in the first place. Whether they're open or contested, Ellis can't be counted on to make those shots. And don't forget that Ellis has played on some high tempo Warriors teams, so I'm sure he gets a ton of open looks in transition.

vCash
    I did miss that they played together. Two yrs together.
    2010-11. David Lee played 73 games; Ellis 80.......Ellis shot 36% from 3's
    2011-12. David Lee played 57 games; Ellis 37.......Ellis shot 32% from 3's with Warriors. *strike shortened season. When you have all perimeter shooters not so hard to rotate to next perimeter player. Not inside out game. Since going to Milwaukee has had subpar #'s. maybe system. Who knows? Everyone struggles there!
    Last edited by Jatman20; 12-10-2012 at 11:44 PM.

vCash
    Right now Houston 4th in pts...103.4/gm****
    8th in Ast....22.6/gm****6th in Rebs 44.3/gm......///////////30th in pts allowed......103.9./gm..../////////////
    Need more defense.
    Maybe if Clippers feel they will lose Chris Paul....they might be interested in Lin trade. Large Asian community in California. He will be successful with clippers & lob city inside-out game (dunkers & shooters). Shot blockers to pick up slack when players get by him. Bledsoe and Billups to help him. Over-seas popularity will bring clippers mega bucks. They can compete with Lakers in viewerships. We lose on overseas markets. Would be nice Montiejunas-Europe/Asik-Turkish/Lin-Tiawan,China,Philippines,ect. Going Global !! Add Delfino/Argentina to that list??
    Lin held basketball camps in Taiwan & Philippines this past off-season.
    Last edited by Jatman20; 12-11-2012 at 04:25 PM.

vCash
    i really think the problem with lin's performance lies in coaching.... you have to get harden in line and get him to play 2 guard and let lin dominate set up the plays...

vCash
    i was really losing hope for Lin until this game against the Spurs. man, if only Harden and Lin can play together, this team would be that much better.
    CALVIN ABUEVA

BEAST MODE: ON

vCash
    People have said that about Westbrook and Durant for years....now Thunder looking good with Ibaka and Perkins inside game, Durant and Westbrook slashing to rim ( mid range game), and Martin catch and release outside shot. We should just keep Lin and let him learn and grow and quit whining about him. Put inside player and outside smooth shooter with him. I've been preaching the Thunder model.

vCash
    Say what you want about him, but how many guys are capable of 38 point 7 assist outbursts.... it's not like it's his first time...he had them in bunches last year. We see the potential.... and I think when they unleash and let him play his game, he can erupt like this as it plays to his strengths.

Much is made how Lin and Harden can co-exist, but Lin sets up Harden pretty well... they're going to have to figure out how to have that dual threat thing going on... you've seen that on other teams, but usually there's a feeling out process and a strong coaching support that figures it out. And, it's always good to know that they have an extra slasher other than Harden. I'd like to see a kind of young ahletic core of Lin-Harden-Parsons with Asik cleaning the glass really running guys all 48 minutes with their young legs. Harden's a better off the ball shooter, so maybe they can work something out where it plays to their strengths together....and then when Harden's on the bench, Lin can do his Chris Paul attack the basket thing. We could add some more outside shooters to complement Lin and Harden's slashing ability. I think it's promising that both Lin and Harden are capable of erupting for 35 plus.. and Parsons had a hot streak going there a few games too.

vCash
    Lin's been playing quite well in these last five wins, eh?

(Ok seven TO's today are too many)

vCash
    He needs to work on his outside shot, he'd get to the basket way more easier if he could hit an open three. Defenders don't rush up on him and let him take that shot knowing he wont make it most of the time.

vCash
    He won't improve on anything. He is what he is. Should be a back up PG. He's just not a very good player.

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    We should be in the talks for Bledsoe. If we could somehow kinf of steal him, for like a Patterson, Morris or a pick, it would be awsome, he would be the starter in no time, and Lin would be a pretty good sixth man. Doubt it's gonna happen though.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    i'm losing patience with him.
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    1. Thunder
    2. Warriors
    3. Clippers
    4. Blazers
    5. Grizzlies
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post

I already have that scrizzguap on the Dubs winning a 'ship.
    Sincerely,
    delusional Warriors fan

Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    What do you do for a living because I guarantee it's not in academics or psychology?

vCash
    I'm also losing patience with him, but let's not forget that he's 24, this is his first season as a true starter and he's playing in an unfamiliar role next to a guy who dominates the ball. He's clearly skilled and there's potential there. If he can improve his outside shooting, learn to get easier shots at the basket and cut down on turnovers, he could still be an above average starting point guard.

I'm not saying that he hasn't played like **** lately, but I'm saying people's expectations for him are way too high for a guy in his situation.

vCash
    It's not that I have high expectatios for him, I've never been a fan. I just think he looks lost out there. There isn't much room for improvement either, he's a lucky player. Whether it's good or bad.

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    I knew this would happen. Both Lin and Harden are too ball dominant. Their not a good fit. You guys are better off with guys like Foye, MO Williams, Jennings or even Lowry. Lin would have been better off learning under Kidd but your owner and GM tried to capitalize on his market. It's clear to me Mchale is not a Lin fan. He has no patience with him. Mchale wanted Dragic and settled for Lin. I hope Lin gets traded to a team that can utilize his skill set I'm still a big fan.
    Last edited by Blitzace137; 01-25-2013 at 12:28 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast