Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

PF or C going forward?

Simple question with all of these big men coming available all at once whether it be by not fitting in a system, fed up with the organization or just a free agent, who would you want?

Josh Smith - Mentioned in almost every off season or trade thread any of us have ever made on here since 2009, sad. However based on the system we are running under McHale he might fit the most. LeBron and Spolstra said we're the modern day Suns now, so with JSmoove he gives us a rim running PF who shoots too many outside shots, but brings better defense than Morris and Patterson, but I think the two of them outshoot Smith.

ZBo - Randolph recently reported that he's upset and fed up with the Memphis Grizzlies and their innability to do things properly. He would give us an older big body to bang down low and grab rebounds to help Asik. However I think we run way too fast him.

Dwight Howard - He's a headcase, but I started thinking about it more in depth. If he signs a 5 year deal with anyone in the offseason it will be his decision. The money is going to be the same aside from state taxes, which does give Houston an advantage. He will have to be 100% in with the decision he makes and if he starts acting up saying Houston forced him to sign the free agent deal he will be crucified, and he knows that. He's a kid trapped in a mans body. Let's think how he would mesh with this team though, aren't we a better more effficient version of the Lakers? Would Dwight want to come here if he is going to be used the same way as he is in LA? Not to mention, don't we already have a center in Asik who is dominating the boards? He is used in the pick and roll and that's about it as far as offense is concerned along with put backs. Therefore, where would Howard play?

Andrew Bynum - Injured, and see Dwight Howard as far as place to play and would he be used since we push the ball up the floor as fast as possible.

Kevin Love - This is my ultimate pipe dream. From what I understand both he and McHale loved each other in Minnesota and this offense would be perfect for Love. He would assist Asik in getting rebounds and playing defense and has the ability to stretch the floor with a 3 pointer as well. When Asik goes to the bench he can also provide a low post presence. He has been riddled with injuries the past 2 seasons, that would be my biggest concern.

Please tell me what you think, who would you take going forward? I really think that the Rockets are one of these pieces away from really contending which is way ahead of schedule based on what they had before the season started before the Harden trade.

vCash
    IF there was any truth to Broussard's flub earlier about Howard taking notice of Houston after seeing the last two games - then an honest push for him is in order.

Asik is getting winded because too much is on his shoulders. To be honest, I'd wager he'd fit rather nicely at Power Forward with Howard taking the 5-spot. Asik would still be a crazy defensive presence, not get winded nearly as easily since there's less pressure on him, and Howard is right at home where he's confortable getting dishes from anyone and everyone while pulling a "You shall not pass" presence in the paint. - Not only that, but it makes for a great 3-man rotation for everyone at the 5 and 4 spots keeping the roster from being overworked.

Dare I say it could be a new era similar to the "Olajuwon/Sampson twin towers" pairing.

vCash
    Asik and Howard playing at the same time would never work IMO, especially in this fast-pace the Rockets play with Harden and Lin. They're both too slow, and Asik would struggle to guard faster and smaller bigs.

I absolutely hate Dwight Howard, but there's no denying his talent, he should be our #1 target this offseason. It's unlikely he leaves LA because of his bird rights, but I would be really pissed with Kobe right now, so there could be some chance, and we never know what's inside a child's head, right?

That being said, I don't want us to trade for or sign Smith, and I kinda have mixed feelings about Z-Bo, I don't think he makes this team a obvious contenders right away, he makes tons of money, he is already 31 (32 by the time next season will start) and he has been pretty bad lately, but he and Asik in the middle would be fun to watch. It all depends oh what it would take to get him, I definitely would not involve Parsons or Lin in a deal for him.

Kevin Love is a pipe dream, at least for now, and I have to say, I'd be a little concerned about his health right now. And I would definitely not go after Bynum in the offseason. We already had our fair share of bad luck with injuries with Yao/T-Mac.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash

Would be amazing if we could get him.

vCash
    if we could get ANY big man in the league...i would want Love.
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    1. Thunder
    2. Warriors
    3. Clippers
    4. Blazers
    5. Grizzlies

I already have that scrizzguap on the Dubs winning a 'ship.
    Sincerely,
    delusional Warriors fan

Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    What do you do for a living because I guarantee it's not in academics or psychology?

vCash
    1.dwight
    2.love
    3.bynum
    thats all. if not these three in that order. stay put

vCash
    If I could elaborate on that list...

1. Dwight
    2. Love
    3. Javale McGee (I know, he's a loose cannon, but he just needs refinement and he doesn't have Bynum's crap knees)
    4. JJ Hickson
    5. Zaza Pachulia
    99. DeMarcus Cousins
    100. Andrew Bynum <- way too risky... way too damn risky.

vCash
    Yea, I'm tired of Asik getting 15 boards a day here as of late while he's winded....
    Let's worry about a position of need(PG or PF) instead of center.

To me Kevin Love should just change his name to White Howard. Nagging injuries, *****es...

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakeyestx View Post

1. Dwight
    2. Love
    3. Javale McGee (I know, he's a loose cannon, but he just needs refinement and he doesn't have Bynum's crap knees)
    4. JJ Hickson
    5. Zaza Pachulia
    99. DeMarcus Cousins
    That's one weird list. Why the hell would you want McGee when you already have Asik making 2 million less? And Pachulia?
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    I think Dwight Howard has the defensive chops to play PF with Asik at the 5. The biggest problem I see with that is the offensive paint would be pretty clogged and neither guy can hit a midrange jumper to save their lives. They've both also awful foul shooters, which makes them a liability together in crunch time. BUT, defenisvely and on the glass, that's easily the best defensive front court in the NBA.

As much as I love Asik, if the Rockets do acquire Dwight through trade or in free agency, I'd kind of like to see them swap Asik for a solid PF with offensive range. But even if they kept both guys, I think that team is 10 times better than what they have now and would be a force to reckon with for years in the Western Conference.

As far as Kevin Love goes, he would be my No. 1 choice. BUT that's not going to happen for at least one more season, probably two. And the Rockets should probably be smart and snatch up Howard in a hurry if he has a legitimate interest in coming here. When healthy, Howard is easily one of the five best players in the NBA and the best defensive big in the league.
    Last edited by mightybosstone; 02-07-2013 at 08:38 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakeyestx View Post

1. Dwight
    2. Love
    4. JJ Hickson
    5. Zaza Pachulia
    99. DeMarcus Cousins
    I'm sorry bro, but this is list is an embarrassment to the word "atrocious." This list makes Episode I not look so bad. McGee? Hickson? Freaking Pachulia!?!?!? Were you looking at a stats sheet for a centers and confused those guys for other, better players? And you can knock Cousins for his immaturity and Bynum for his injuries, but their potential is so far greater than those three guys that it's not even close.

vCash
    here's my wishlist:

1. Love
    2. Dwight Howard
    3. LaMarcus Aldridge
    4. ....then don't care after that

i know who i don't want though...Bynum. I hope we NEVER get Bynum. Yao Ming 2.0. He's never going to be fully healthy and will only take up our cap space.
    1. Thunder
    2. Warriors
    3. Clippers
    4. Blazers
    5. Grizzlies

I already have that scrizzguap on the Dubs winning a 'ship.
    Sincerely,
    delusional Warriors fan

Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    What do you do for a living because I guarantee it's not in academics or psychology?

vCash
    anyone who can play with their back to the basket.

"If I had to pick a center [for an all-time best team], I would take Olajuwon. That leaves out Shaq, Patrick Ewing. It leaves out Wilt Chamberlain. It leaves out a lot of people. And the reason I would take Olajuwon is very simple: he is so versatile. It's not just his scoring, not just his rebounding or not just his blocked shots. He was in the top seven in steals. He always made great decisions on the court. For all facets of the game, I have to give it to him." -Michael Jordan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    Yea, I'm tired of Asik getting 15 boards a day here as of late while he's winded....
    Let's worry about a position of need(PG or PF) instead of center.

To me Kevin Love should just change his name to White Howard. Nagging injuries, *****es...
    PG see Jeremy Lin.

vCash
    I think LMA could be had, otherwise with the players on that list I'd want Love, we need a PF we are fine at C.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast