0 0%
  • Both

6 23.08%
  • Neither, explain

2 7.69%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post
    We just have too much talent to not be putting up better #s in all facets of the offense. I know I keep going back to Moss and VD... but seriously, how are we not using them more? How are we not designing plays for them specifically? Why do we keep telegraphing all of our (run) plays?
    Those numbers straight up PROVE that its on the coaching. It's ridiculous
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Gore's numbers under Kap are a bit too early to tell for me. Kap was in for most of two games against the Rams who played very good run D and took it to our OL in both games, then the Bears D looked like they were doing nothing but taking away the run which led to Kap having a nice day throwing. If we can start hitting more passes (and having good ones nullified by penalties), we'll see the running game open up more for the RBs. But for now DC's for other teams are going to make Kap throw it, which in turn Roman has to be willing to call for more ballsy down field plays.

vCash
    The box was stacked when Alex was in there as well...can't use that excuse
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    The box was stacked when Alex was in there as well...can't use that excuse
    Well if people don't want to look at his TD:INT ratio because of small sample size, I won't look at any others yet for the same reason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Gore's numbers under Kap are a bit too early to tell for me. Kap was in for most of two games against the Rams who played very good run D and took it to our OL in both games, then the Bears D looked like they were doing nothing but taking away the run which led to Kap having a nice day throwing. If we can start hitting more passes (and having good ones nullified by penalties), we'll see the running game open up more for the RBs. But for now DC's for other teams are going to make Kap throw it, which in turn Roman has to be willing to call for more ballsy down field plays.
    This.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Well if people don't want to look at his TD:INT ratio because of small sample size, I won't look at any others yet for the same reason.
    Exactly, it's a bit hypocritical of people to say we can't use stats in favor of Kap because "it's a too small sample size," yet it's okay to use stats against him.

vCash
    People who have been reading this forum for the past month may or may not know that I was one of the ardent supporters of Alex Smith and felt it was a grave mistake to make the QB switch mid-season and that Alex was the best choice for the team to win now.

While I still have strong objections to how the transition was handled (I probably always will) I have to say that any reservations that I had with Kap being the starter are essentially gone. I was at the Patriots game (rockin' my #8 jersey) and I have to say with the exception of the interception he threw (which was a poorly thrown ball into double coverage) he was phenomenal, and because I was able to see in person with my own eyes, he won me over.

I will always be an Alex Smith supporter and believer, but now I am completely behind our new signal caller with no reservations. This is the path they are going and I am all in.

On a side note, the weather at that game was miserable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dulcetpine View Post
    Definitely looked cold lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dulcetpine View Post
    People who have been reading this forum for the past month may or may not know that I was one of the ardent supporters of Alex Smith and felt it was a grave mistake to make the QB switch mid-season and that Alex was the best choice for the team to win now.

While I still have strong objections to how the transition was handled (I probably always will) I have to say that any reservations that I had with Kap being the starter are essentially gone. I was at the Patriots game (rockin' my #8 jersey) and I have to say with the exception of the interception he threw (which was a poorly thrown ball into double coverage) he was phenomenal, and because I was able to see in person with my own eyes, he won me over.

I will always be an Alex Smith supporter and believer, but now I am completely behind our new signal caller with no reservations. This is the path they are going and I am all in.

Well said! Great post.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Exactly, it's a bit hypocritical of people to say we can't use stats in favor of Kap because "it's a too small sample size," yet it's okay to use stats against him.
    The sample size just grew.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    The sample size just grew.
    So did the lump in your pants.
    "All we care about are wins, stats are for losers" - Justin Smith
    "We're the San Francisco 49ers. We can do whatever we want" - Jim Harbaugh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcheeze View Post
    So did the lump in your pants.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789