0 0%
  • Both

6 23.08%
  • Neither, explain

2 7.69%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post
    I'd rather see a guy make a mistake trying to make a play rather than play like a wuss and lose because he played scared.
    We're talking about the playcalling. It has nothing to do with Kaepernick being scared. Kaepernick is just doing what the coaches are telling him to do. My point to nutty was that Harbaugh/Roman weren't "stepping on their throats" when we had a lead. And frankly, we don't need to do that with the way our defense and run game closes out games. This has nothing to do with Kaepernick playing scared. We were talking about the playcalling. Kaepernick is just doing what he's being told to do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Still holding on to that one bad game. Matt Ryan had a 5 INT game against the Cards, might as well bench him if I'm Atlanta.
    Holding on to what bad game? No one's holding on to any game. It's a fact that he's more inexperienced. I'm not saying that's going to play a factor, but it's just a fact that he's more inexperienced so we don't know how he's going to do on the road, in the playoffs, against a good team, with playoff pressure, etc. We just don't know yet. I'm not saying he'll do well, and I'm not saying he'll do bad. But we just don't know how he'll do. It's TBD. So with that being said, there's no need for Harbaugh to start going for kills when we have a lead in the 4th quarter with our defense and run game. Nutty and I were talking about the PLAYCALLING, not kaepernick. Kaepernick is going to be told what to do. If that's hand the ball of, he's going to hand it off. If he's told to just complete a short rollout pass off play action to get a first down to keep running time off the clock, that's what he's going to do. Nutty was talking about Harbaugh/Roman calling for more shots down the field when we're winning. I'm saying that Harbaugh might not change up what's been working for the past two seasons, especially since the Kaepernick management is TBD. All I'm saying is there's no need to risk it and I can't see Harbaugh changing anything up. Kaepernick will also do a solid job and managing the game in the 4th quarter if we have a lead. Harbaugh won't be calling for deep shots, he'll be instructing to Kaepernick to manage the clock and eat up time while being efficient. That's all I'm saying. This has nothing to do with Kaepernick. We could plug any decent starting QB in and have him do that stuff, the playcalling would remain the same.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post
    He did it against Buffalo and the Jets.
    the jets game was done all on the ground though, on top of a defensive touchdown. That Buffalo game got out of hand in the first half. No coach is going to ease up on the gas pedal in the 2nd quarter. If I remember correctly, in the second half of that Bills game, most (if not, ALL) of our TD's came on the ground.

What we're talking about is in the late 3rd and 4th quarters with let's say, a 13 point lead. That's what we're talking about. We're going to run the ball and play D, not go for big shots. In that jets game, we were running the ball and playing D, but their defense was so bad that even our "running the clock out" was racking up points. Kaepernick had a rushing TD, Hunter got in on the action, it was just a smashmouth fest. We were trying to run the clock out and still put up pts lol that's how bad the jets defense was that game. Same with the Bills. Kaepernick and Dixon got in on the rushing TD action in that Bills game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    Agreed.
    lol you gotta be kidding me. After that bears game, you were all gushing about how loose Vernon Davis got because Kaepernick was the QB. You kept saying that Kaepernick was that guy for Davis and Davis was unleashed. Now that Davis has been quiet the last few games, you're going to go and agree that the problem isn't the Kaepernick?

Bigcheeze is exactly right. The problem with Vernon not getting the ball isn't Kaepernick's fault. Defense are focusing a lot of attention on Vernon, which has been one of the main reasons Crabtree has been getting a lot more looks lately. But you lose all credibility when you go out there and say crap like Kaepernick is the reason Vernon did so well against the bears, then 4 weeks later say Kaepernick ISNT the reason Vernon has been shut down lol just tone down the homerism a little bit man

I could've told you way back after the Chicago game that Vernon would have also had a monster game if Smith was the QB. The problem isn't the QB, just like bigcheeze said. Vernon shredded the bears D and they had no answer for him. They had a very poor game plan to stop Vernon. We've seen Vernon have monster games with Alex at QB, hell even Troy Smith QB'd some of Vernon's good games. Just cut back a little on the Kaepernick homerism lol. It's making you lose any credibility since everything you post is extremely biased in favor of Kaepernick. Just like bigcheeze and nutty said, the problem ISNT the QB. I agree. The fact that you agree though contradicts the biased posts you kept posting 4 weeks ago.
    Last edited by tapajafri; 12-11-2012 at 07:45 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tapajafri:24688672
    Agreed.
    lol you are the biggest tool. After that bears game, you were all gushing about how loose Vernon Davis got because Kaepernick was the QB. You kept saying that Kaepernick was that guy for Davis and Davis was unleashed. Now that Davis has been quiet the last few games, you're going to go and agree that the problem isn't the Kaepernick?

Bigcheeze is exactly right. The problem with Vernon not getting the ball isn't Kaepernick's fault. Defense are focusing a lot of attention on Vernon, which has been one of the main reasons Crabtree has been getting a lot more looks lately. But you lose all credibility when you go out there and say crap like Kaepernick is the reason Vernon did so well against the bears, then 4 weeks later say Kaepernick ISNT the reason Vernon has been shut down lol you are by far the biggest homer.

I could've told you way back after the Chicago game that Vernon would have also had a monster game if Smith was the QB. The problem isn't the QB, just like bigcheeze said. Vernon shredded the bears D and they had no answer for him. They had a very poor game plan to stop Vernon. We've seen Vernon have monster games with Alex at QB, hell even Troy Smith QB'd some of Vernon's good games. You have got to stop with the Kaepernick homerism. It's making you lose any credibility since everything you post is extremely biased in favor of Kaepernick.
    This.

Agreed.

Go Braves/49ers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tapajafri View Post
    lol you are the biggest tool. After that bears game, you were all gushing about how loose Vernon Davis got because Kaepernick was the QB. You kept saying that Kaepernick was that guy for Davis and Davis was unleashed. Now that Davis has been quiet the last few games, you're going to go and agree that the problem isn't the Kaepernick?

Bigcheeze is exactly right. The problem with Vernon not getting the ball isn't Kaepernick's fault. Defense are focusing a lot of attention on Vernon, which has been one of the main reasons Crabtree has been getting a lot more looks lately. But you lose all credibility when you go out there and say crap like Kaepernick is the reason Vernon did so well against the bears, then 4 weeks later say Kaepernick ISNT the reason Vernon has been shut down lol you are by far the biggest homer.

I could've told you way back after the Chicago game that Vernon would have also had a monster game if Smith was the QB. The problem isn't the QB, just like bigcheeze said. Vernon shredded the bears D and they had no answer for him. They had a very poor game plan to stop Vernon. We've seen Vernon have monster games with Alex at QB, hell even Troy Smith QB'd some of Vernon's good games. You have got to stop with the Kaepernick homerism. It's making you lose any credibility since everything you post is extremely biased in favor of Kaepernick. Just like bigcheeze and nutty said, the problem ISNT the QB. I agree. The fact that you agree though contradicts the biased posts you spewed out 4 weeks ago. Cut the homerism.
    I said I agreed already. In my defense VD himself basically said he felt unleashed. I think it's the playbook, and we should see more deep passes over the next two weeks. We have to jump out early to beat them both. I have never criticized VD about not making plays or being open or even blamed Alex about it. Alex had good chemistry with VD and Crabtree before CK so I am actually surprised to see CK so gelled with them already.

And sure I am a Kaepernick homer, but you are by far an Alex homer as well then. But I have been a CK homer from the draft, and if your favorite rookie was successful starting would you not be excited as well?

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tapajafri View Post
    lol you gotta be kidding me. After that bears game, you were all gushing about how loose Vernon Davis got because Kaepernick was the QB. You kept saying that Kaepernick was that guy for Davis and Davis was unleashed. Now that Davis has been quiet the last few games, you're going to go and agree that the problem isn't the Kaepernick?

Bigcheeze is exactly right. The problem with Vernon not getting the ball isn't Kaepernick's fault. Defense are focusing a lot of attention on Vernon, which has been one of the main reasons Crabtree has been getting a lot more looks lately. But you lose all credibility when you go out there and say crap like Kaepernick is the reason Vernon did so well against the bears, then 4 weeks later say Kaepernick ISNT the reason Vernon has been shut down lol just tone down the homerism a little bit man

I could've told you way back after the Chicago game that Vernon would have also had a monster game if Smith was the QB. The problem isn't the QB, just like bigcheeze said. Vernon shredded the bears D and they had no answer for him. They had a very poor game plan to stop Vernon. We've seen Vernon have monster games with Alex at QB, hell even Troy Smith QB'd some of Vernon's good games. Just cut back a little on the Kaepernick homerism lol. It's making you lose any credibility since everything you post is extremely biased in favor of Kaepernick. Just like bigcheeze and nutty said, the problem ISNT the QB. I agree. The fact that you agree though contradicts the biased posts you kept posting 4 weeks ago.
    smith isn't the problem, but c'mon kaep is the solution, I'd like to hear you're thoughts on GROs play calling? Has it changed much since they switched QB? For better for worse, it sounds as if you're against Kaep sort of an anti homer..

EDIT: AND FURTHERMORE, if you can hypothetically place smiths performance in any game, please explain what would happen if kaep were at the helm every game smith played this year?
    Last edited by hd1906; 12-11-2012 at 11:41 PM.

GIANTSNINERSWARRIORS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hd1906 View Post
    smith isn't the problem, but c'mon kaep is the solution, I'd like to hear you're thoughts on GROs play calling? Has it changed much since they switched QB? For better for worse, it sounds as if you're against Kaep sort of an anti homer..

EDIT: AND FURTHERMORE, if you can hypothetically place smiths performance in any game, please explain what would happen if kaep were at the helm every game smith played this year?
    That's impossible, but I'll give it a shot.

But only in the games we lost.

Vikings game...we would have still lost. The game planning in that game was so bad. We only ran the ball a handful of times. Kaep would not have won behind that either.

Giants game. Again, we would have still lost the game. Akers missing field goals and penalties handicapped our game, and offensively and defensively we were bad. Would we have lost as bad? Maybe, maybe not. That is the hard part to tell.

The Rams loss...That game, we would have won with Alex for the pure fact Kaep is who lost it for us by his mental mistakes. That is the part of the game where Alex is pretty damn solid. He won't run 17 yards back into the endzone, and he won't make that terrible pitch costing us 10 points in total. Would have have scored as much as we did? Who knows...but we would have scored more than 0 and would have been in position to win the game IF the defense gives the same effort.

How's that?
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    That's impossible, but I'll give it a shot.

But only in the games we lost.

Vikings game...we would have still lost. The game planning in that game was so bad. We only ran the ball a handful of times. Kaep would not have won behind that either.
    Giants game. Again, we would have still lost the game. Akers missing field goals and penalties handicapped our game, and offensively and defensively we were bad. Would we have lost as bad? Maybe, maybe not. That is the hard part to tell.

The Rams loss...That game, we would have won with Alex for the pure fact Kaep is who lost it for us by his mental mistakes. That is the part of the game where Alex is pretty damn solid. He won't run 17 yards back into the endzone, and he won't make that terrible pitch costing us 10 points in total. Would have have scored as much as we did? Who knows...but we would have scored more than 0 and would have been in position to win the game IF the defense gives the same effort.

How's that?
    I agree with most of what you wrote except for this. If Kaep starts this game with the same gameplan the Niners not only win...but win by a few scores. Smith missed several big plays in this game that would have had the Niners with a lead early. The early throw off Moss' fingertips and the open Moss for a TD to the pylon would have made the game completely different. Then the lack of running game that you talked about would have come on later and pounded the game away.

What's bothering me right now is that instead of using that kind of gameplan and letting Kaeps ability to run be a "wild-card", their using as the basis for the offense. In my opinion...one of the best QBs in history (IMO better than Montana) was Steve Young once he learned to be a QB that ran as an improv as opposed to designed runs.

vCash
    Here is the truth...

This offense hasn't been better with Kaepernick in the game. Many people here judge Kaepernick on that one Bears' game, so others have to right to base opinions on one bad game (or two) as well.

They're still at 29% on 3rd conversions since Kaepernick took over, which would still put them near the bottom. He has only thrown TDs in 2 out of the 4 games he's started. He's averaging 1.5 TD passes a game while Smith is at 1.6.

In 8 games, Smith's QB rating is at 104.1 while Kaep is at 101.9 as a starter after 4. And I hate to keep bringing up this point, but I keep running into it here. How the defense won many of the games in the past season and a half. Not Alex. Well, the defense pretty much won every game that Kaep has won.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastSportz View Post
    Here is the truth...

This offense hasn't been better with Kaepernick in the game. Many people here judge Kaepernick on that one Bears' game, so others have to right to base opinions on one bad game (or two) as well.

They're still at 29% on 3rd conversions since Kaepernick took over, which would still put them near the bottom. He has only thrown TDs in 2 out of the 4 games he's started. He's averaging 1.5 TD passes a game while Smith is at 1.6.

In 8 games, Smith's QB rating is at 104.1 while Kaep is at 101.9 as a starter after 4. And I hate to keep bringing up this point, but I keep running into it here. How the defense won many of the games in the past season and a half. Not Alex. Well, the defense pretty much won every game that Kaep has won.
    It's clearly not an issue with QBs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post
    It's clearly not an issue with QBs.
    Obviously it's not, but people just want to blame Kaepernick for everything. The game against the Patriots will be very telling of both Kaepernick and the playcalling.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

vCash
    Obviously it's not, but people just want to blame Kaepernick for everything. The game against the Patriots will be very telling of both Kaepernick and the playcalling.
    Then you can say the same about Alex right?
    "All we care about are wins, stats are for losers" - Justin Smith
    "We're the San Francisco 49ers. We can do whatever we want" - Jim Harbaugh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcheeze View Post
    Then you can say the same about Alex right?
    No one blamed Alex for anything.

vCash
    Fun fact for everyone...Since Kaep has become the starting running back, our average yard per attempt has gone down...just thought that was interesting....
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast