0 0%
  • Both

6 23.08%
  • Neither, explain

2 7.69%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcheeze View Post
    I'm sure John Skelton had a great week in practice last week....

Games matter, not practices at the end of the year.

Note - I'm not discounting practice because I know it get's you ready for the game, I'm just saying a couple of weeks ago my son was just tearing up the practice field before his game... during the game. Not so much

BUT... you are right... everyone ahole on the internet has an opinion. (Yes, I'm one of those aholes )
    Yeah, Im the last person to truly understand what's going on even during a regular game...but I trust our coaching staff is at least some what more aware of what's going on than just what we the fans are able to hear and see, so I'm not convinced our "problems" are due just to play calling, QB, or other..its just hard to put a finger on why it seems we're under performing offensively..I haven't heard a truly conclusive argument that has swayed my opinion as of yet...but I will say our game planning seems to be a plausible issue..

GIANTSNINERSWARRIORS
    Bay Area, CA

vCash
    Personally I would say penalties. They are killing us this year. When it comes to playcalling it's really tough to to have a confident opinion on it because you can't see what's going on down field and I don't have time to look over and analyze the game tape all week to figure it out.

In any case we are in first place and have a record of 9-3-1. W's are tough to get but at least we are getting them. The decade before last year was what was wrong.

vCash
    Yeah it's great to be In the position were in when you consider how this franchise has looked over the past decade..

GIANTSNINERSWARRIORS
    Bay Area, CA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post
    Yeah, I know. But, when we get behind, that's when that playcalling bites us in the ***. Also, when we get the lead, we take our foot off the gas and that sometimes bites us in the *** too. So frustrating. Get the lead, step on their throat, ride out the win. That's my motto
    yeah but how many times have we stepped on the throat and go for the kill in the last 2 years? hardly ever, the coaches stick the formula of finishing out with running the ball and playing D. I know it's the appealing thing to do is to fill up the stat sheet and scoreboard, but harbaugh simply isn't that type of coach. Plus, with Kaepernick in there now, there's really no need to try to step on their throats since Kaepernick might make those mistakes that could end up losing the game.

vCash
    Offensive play calling and team preparation. Both of which are obviously on the coaching.

THE SLUMPY SHOULDER HOMERUN TRACKER: 5

vCash
    They were uh....just saving the good play calls the last two weeks for New England...

Right?....Right?

Slap Hands!

vCash
    I say both , and also the offensiveline and WR's injuries. When CK was playing well, Mario Maningham and Kyle Williams were his deep threats, but theyre gone. Also i'm a bit concerned that VD hasn't been catching much since CK has been at the helm. I'm not even sure if Crabtree is a deep threat either.Also back then, qb's would just hail it to Randy Moss and he'd catch it easily , but not anymore.
    Last edited by 1hardcore; 12-11-2012 at 03:51 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tapajafri View Post
    yeah but how many times have we stepped on the throat and go for the kill in the last 2 years? hardly ever, the coaches stick the formula of finishing out with running the ball and playing D. I know it's the appealing thing to do is to fill up the stat sheet and scoreboard, but harbaugh simply isn't that type of coach. Plus, with Kaepernick in there now, there's really no need to try to step on their throats since Kaepernick might make those mistakes that could end up losing the game.
    Still holding on to that one bad game. Matt Ryan had a 5 INT game against the Cards, might as well bench him if I'm Atlanta.

49ERS PSD 7 Round Mock Results
    1st Round:Kelvin Benjamin WR FSU
    2nd Round:Trent Murphy OLB Stanford
    2nd Round:Donte Moncrief WR Ole Miss
    3rd Round:Keith McGill CB Utah

Preparing for WAR! 5/3/14 Maidana vs Mayweather
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Still holding on to that one bad game. Matt Ryan had a 5 INT game against the Cards, might as well bench him if I'm Atlanta.
    lol, please' top 10 p4p- Mayweather/Ward/Marquez/Pacquiao/Maidana/Rigondeaux/Froch/Cotto/B-Hop/Canelo
    Boxing fan? Come discuss Boxing!

"We are chasing greatness" Mark Jackson 3/7/14

vCash
    I'd rather see a guy make a mistake trying to make a play rather than play like a wuss and lose because he played scared.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1hardcore View Post
    I say both , and also the offensiveline and WR's injuries. When CK was playing well, Mario Maningham and Kyle Williams were his deep threats, but theyre gone. Also i'm a bit concerned that VD hasn't been catching much since CK has been at the helm. I'm not even sure if Crabtree is a deep threat either.Also back then, qb's would just hail it to Randy Moss and he'd catch it easily , but not anymore.
    Vernon has only been really involved in 5 games this year, and one of them was with Kaep. So the problems with Vernon aren't related to just Kaep being at QB.
    "All we care about are wins, stats are for losers" - Justin Smith
    "We're the San Francisco 49ers. We can do whatever we want" - Jim Harbaugh

vCash
    He did it against Buffalo and the Jets.

vCash
    Vernon has only been really involved in 5 games this year, and one of them was with Kaep. So the problems with Vernon aren't related to just Kaep being at QB.
    exactly

Preparing for WAR! 5/3/14 Maidana vs Mayweather
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post
    I'd rather see a guy make a mistake trying to make a play rather than play like a wuss and lose because he played scared.
    Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post
    exactly
    Agreed.
    lol, please' top 10 p4p- Mayweather/Ward/Marquez/Pacquiao/Maidana/Rigondeaux/Froch/Cotto/B-Hop/Canelo
    Boxing fan? Come discuss Boxing!

"We are chasing greatness" Mark Jackson 3/7/14

vCash
    I voted for the play calling. Why? All I kept hearing about, when Alex Smith was the QB, was how conservative this play calling was. Lots of runs, lots of short dump offs and screen passes. You replace him with a more, supposed, dynamic QB and the play calling has been pretty much the same. Even when Smith was in the game, Kaepernick would come in to run that option play. They're still not taking shots down the field. Maybe its just the way Harbaugh coaches the game. Having a defense that will dominate and an offense that will lull you to sleep. Its worked thus far, but if you replace a winning QB because you want more options, then open up the play book and use those options. Utilize Kaep's big arm and take some deep shots on 2 and 1's.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast