Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: What's the issue?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Offensive Play Calling

    18 69.23%
  • Alex vs CK

    0 0%
  • Both

    6 23.08%
  • Neither, explain

    2 7.69%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 132
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    8,773
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    The issue is the penalties. We constantly are having drives killed by holding calls. Kap played a solid game. He completed over 78% of his passes. Not to mention that the bomb that Moss didn't hang onto was defensive pass interference that wasn't called.
    speaking of the bomb to Moss, we should do that at least once every half IMO.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Napa, CA
    Posts
    14,987
    vCash
    2500
    It doesn't matter who the QB is... with that kind of play calling the results will be similar.
    49ers, Athletics, Warriors = Life!


    49ers = 12-4
    Warriors = 51-31 Making it rain!
    A's = 59-36 Back to Back AL West Champs!
    WINNING!

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    15,372
    vCash
    1500
    Yeah penalties are serial drive killers this year for sure. Takeaways are down and penalties are up on offense, gonna cause a a major drop off.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    8,773
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    The issue is the penalties. We constantly are having drives killed by holding calls. Kap played a solid game. He completed over 78% of his passes. Not to mention that the bomb that Moss didn't hang onto was defensive pass interference that wasn't called.
    Regarding the penalties.... OR, have the other teams drives extended, I think the defense had 4 of the 6 penalties today.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,692
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post
    OR VD!!!!

    We have one of the best TEs in the league and he only 3 catches for 19 yards in the last "3" games???? Are you kidding me?
    defenses really focus on Davis....gives Crabtree more opportunities and more 1 on 1. No need for Smith or Kaepernick to try to force plays when they're not there, even if it's to "give Davis a chance to make a play" ......there's just absolutely no need to risk it. Crabtree and others are open.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    15,372
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post
    Regarding the penalties.... OR, have the other teams drives extended, I think the defense had 4 of the 6 penalties today.
    It's been on both sides of the ball for us, JH needs to pull on the reins alittle bit.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    8,773
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by tapajafri View Post
    defenses really focus on Davis....gives Crabtree more opportunities and more 1 on 1
    they say the same about Moss. I can't imagine that 2 folks on Davis and 2 folks on Moss and we don't have someone wide open somewhere. But it seems today the majority of our sacks were coverage sacks. Also, we have a TON of checkdowns.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,692
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post
    they say the same about Moss. I can't imagine that 2 folks on Davis and 2 folks on Moss and we don't have someone wide open somewhere.
    well crabtree has been getting a bunch of looks the past few games. i dont think teams are really doubling up on Moss much anymore. Still poses a deep threat though, but I think more times than not, Moss is single covered and most of the attention goes to Davis.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    9,646
    vCash
    1500
    I don't think the play calling was bad today. I'm not sure what everyone is talking about.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,692
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    I don't think the play calling was bad today. I'm not sure what everyone is talking about.
    i agree. pretty similar to what we've been seeing for the past two seasons

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    8,773
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by tapajafri View Post
    well crabtree has been getting a bunch of looks the past few games. i dont think teams are really doubling up on Moss much anymore. Still poses a deep threat though, but I think more times than not, Moss is single covered and most of the attention goes to Davis.
    If that's the case, then I don't know how we aren't going deep to him a few times a game.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    9,646
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post
    If that's the case, then I don't know how we aren't going deep to him a few times a game.
    Because we didn't have a QB with the ability to get it to him until 3 weeks ago.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    8,773
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    I don't think the play calling was bad today. I'm not sure what everyone is talking about.
    I'm personally tired of all the gimmicky stuff -- especially when we get in the redzone. Also, we run a play, it works, and then we try it another handful of times to no avail.

    There's a reason we are 2-10 on 3rd downs today.

    Also, as Kyle correctly predicted (yeah, Kyle I'm giving it to you), we essentially went run run pass for 3 yards towards the end of the 4th quarter. The 3 yard pass left us 2 yards shy. We can't continue to be at 3rd and long, throw a 2 yard pass and expect our receiver to pick up the 1st down, yet we do that all the time. It's asinine play calling in my opinion.

    Also, we don't hide our run plays. We bring the jumbo set in and almost always, we run.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,692
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post
    If that's the case, then I don't know how we aren't going deep to him a few times a game.
    the way i see it, they're going to stick to the formula that's been so successful the past two seasons. Get a lead, play defense, run the ball, slowly and methodically incorporate the passing game and throw short-medium passes, but mainly control the tempo of the game. It's what we saw with Alex, and it's what we saw with Kaepernick. Yeah, the "sexy" and appealing play to the fans is to take more shots, go for it all, etc. But when you have a running game/power attack like SF has and a defense like that, just play to win and no need to go for the highlight reel. It worked last year and it's been working this year. Harbaugh knows the fans are going to want the big plays, but no need to call those when what's been working is continuing to work.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    8,773
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    Because we didn't have a QB with the ability to get it to him until 3 weeks ago.
    but we're still not. That flee flicker today was the first time I can really ever remember us going deep to him.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •