Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Offseason To-Do

vCash

Offseason To-Do

Since this forum virtually has no activity and the Cards suck anyway I guess I'll create this thread to talk to myself and assess what we need to do to get this football team competent and competitive again

Draft:

- We gotta take a tackle in the first round. No shoving it aside anymore. If we can get Luke Joeckel then I'd call that a good draft. Go running back or QB in the 2nd.

Free Agency:

If Alex Smith gets cut, we need to go after him...

Coaching:

Fire Mike Miller, grab Norv Turner. Too early to fire Whiz. Ray Horton might jet but hopefully he stays.
    I Heart Kimmi Smiles

Support Her!

vCash
    You left out Select New Football Team

J/k will always be a cards fan regarless, but geez there making it hard.

vCash
    Do we draft a O-lineman even if Manti is available? LB core of Washington-Acho-Schofield-Manti would be disgusting.

vCash
    I think defense is not a priority anymore as far as draft concerns. The failures of the offense have worn the entire team out. Need to start the rebuild at the line. This draft is heavy with quality linemen so no better time to address this issue. Running back should also a priority concern. I believe we can get a stop gap QB in free agency like a Smith if/when he gets cut.
    I Heart Kimmi Smiles

Support Her!

vCash
    I say go after Jake Long in free agency, if not draft Joeckel or Lewan.

Alex Smith is a big no no, Barkley,Wilson,Glennon on will be available to us Round 2.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bard View Post
    I say go after Jake Long in free agency, if not draft Joeckel or Lewan.

Alex Smith is a big no no, Barkley,Wilson,Glennon on will be available to us Round 2.
    Your gonna have to shell out some big bucks for Jake Long and no way in hell will the Bidwill's do that. And there is just something about pairing Fitz with another rookie QB that makes me uneasy. Get the stop gap QB in Smith and build the line through the draft. its the best and quickest way to get this team playing at an NFL level again.
    I Heart Kimmi Smiles

Support Her!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JPHX View Post
    Your gonna have to shell out some big bucks for Jake Long and no way in hell will the Bidwill's do that. And there is just something about pairing Fitz with another rookie QB that makes me uneasy. Get the stop gap QB in Smith and build the line through the draft. its the best and quickest way to get this team playing at an NFL level again.
    Jake Long is rumerd to sign with either the cards,bears or eagles, we got a shot.

Any of those rookies are better than what we got, there is always a possibilty they can be the next Andy dolton , LUCK, RG3 , Newton , Colin Kaepernick.

vCash
    This forum is dead. I'm really excited to see what next year brings for the Cardinals. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that you guys need a QB, but I don't think any QB other than Kurt Warner is going to thrive under your current coaching staff. Hopefully Wisenhunt leaves and Larry Fitzgerald is finally given the QB he deserves.

Good luck.

vCash
    Trade for Tony Romo + Reggie Bush and the cards are relavent again............. trust me I've improved a lot of struggling Franchises in MADDEN.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by esb View Post
    Trade for Tony Romo + Reggie Bush and the cards are relavent again............. trust me I've improved a lot of struggling Franchises in MADDEN.
    Credentials seem legit.

vCash
    What are your thoughts on the coach? Im an Eagles fan and the early sign is Big Red may be coming your way.

vCash
    The Cards have a ton of needs on offense. They need to start by building a solid o-line and running game. If they could run the ball consistently, it would make it easier for whoever plays QB. I like Ryan Clady and Andy Levitre among the free agents. I'd use the first round pick on the best available O-line prospect. I like Ryan Williams, but he has had injury problems. I'd target a bruising inside runner like LeVeon Bell from MSU.

As far as the Coaching situation, I'd like to see them keep Horton as DC. I'm not sold on Andy Reid. He's been a good coach, but seems to be burned out. I'd like them to bring in an up-and-coming offensive coach, like Mike McCoy from the Broncos as head coach. They also need a top notch O-line coach. Russ Grimm couldn't do the job!
    Last edited by IdahoRedbird; 01-02-2013 at 01:38 AM.

vCash
    Cards need to make horton the HC or they will lose him! Then bring in norv turner to run the offense. I believe they have a little bit of history together.

vCash
    we need Alex Smith or nothing else really matters
    I Heart Kimmi Smiles

Support Her!

vCash
    Colts fan here. It looks like Arians is basically gone...this is from Pat McAfee's twitter today

There was a little poll going on in the locker room of where BA was gonna end up.. I put 20 M&Ms on Carolina.. Arizona wasn't even mentioned
    Happy for him though.. Great guy, great offensive mind, gonna be a great head coach.
    From Pat McAfee's twitter.

And then he denies it....

“@wespodell: @PatMcAfeeShow done deal? BA to AZ?”~ I have no idea.. Just what was being said today
    Seems fishy. And he's usually one to leak info to the public.

#iubb

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast