Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I think they'll be playing to win vs the Giants. The Ravens are sliding like crazy, I doubt they want to stumble into the playoffs. If anything they'll rest week 17.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by akagiredsuns View Post
    Sorry to disappoint but the Vikes might not have much to worry about. HOU already has the bye and likely homefield advantage unless the Colts play spoiler on the last day and New England catches them. We'll see if HOU plays their starters next week vs. Minny. It's over for the Bears IMO. Even if they win out, they have no tiebreakers going for them. They should beat ARI, but the Lions will likely put the nail in the coffin to their inexcusable season.
    Dude, Houston wants to clinch the 1 seed otherwise NE can get it and that won't bode as well for Houston so they'll go all in next week vs. Vikings. Lions lost to Arizona today, I like the Bears chances against Detroit tbh. Not worried about Dallas cuz I think they'll lose to NO and will go all in to beat Washington. Also Baltimore is going to go all in I"m sure against the Giants cuz they haven't done well last couple weeks.

vCash
    We should be the biggest Eagles fans (playing Skins, Giants). Andy Reid's last home game ever vs. the Skins next week. Maybe they'll show some passion vs two division rivals that they can truly screw over.

vCash
    remember this. If BALTIMORE beats NYG and HOUSTON beats MINNESOTA (fyi BAL/HOU are both at HOME), and Bears beat ARIZONA then Bears are in the 6th seed with one game to go.

or

DALLAS beats WASHINGTON in week 17 and HOUSTON beats MINNESOTA week 16

or

just straight out Vikings lose one of their next two and Giants lose one of their next two in whichever order.
    Last edited by ChiBulls4Life; 12-16-2012 at 09:57 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiBulls4Life View Post
    remember this. If BALTIMORE beats NYG and HOUSTON beats MINNESOTA (fyi BAL/HOU are both at HOME), and Bears beat ARIZONA then Bears are in the 6th seed with one game to go.

or

DALLAS beats WASHINGTON in week 17 and HOUSTON beats MINNESOTA week 16

or

just straight out Vikings lose one of their next two and Giants lose one of their next two in whichever order.
    That's all well and good, assuming we're capable of winning a football game. That doesn't really look at all possible right now.

vCash
    Seasons over guys

vCash
    So its gotten to the point some of you need a Vikings loss to get into the playoffs this season?
    Maybe a step up in the draft at this point would be a better option.
    This is coming from a Vikings fan thinking the same thing in a retooling season.

Edit:
    Although it would be nice to play the packers in the wildcard game just to knock them out
    That is the way it sits now being the 6th seed
    Last edited by cyber16; 12-16-2012 at 10:39 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniDitka View Post
    That's all well and good, assuming we're capable of winning a football game. That doesn't really look at all possible right now.
    I'm just putting down the scenerios, whether some people don't think the Bears can do it or whatever i don't care about, i was just putting out the scenerios for everyone to see (basically for the people like me who haven't given up yet).

vCash
    So it get's a bit clearer now.

1. Falcons 12-2
    2. Niners 10-3-1
    3. Packers 10-4
    4. Redskins 8-6
    5. Seahawks 9-5
    6. Giants 8-6

7. Vikings 8-6
    8. Bears 8-6
    9. Cowboys 8-6

Skins: Eagles, Cowboys
    Giants: Ravens, Eagles
    Vikings: Texans, Packers
    Cowboys: Saints, Skins

We need to win out and

1. Vikings must lose

2. If Redskins win out - we need the Giants to lose one game. Skins are 4. We are 6

3. If Dallas wins out - we need the Giants to lose one game. Dallas is 4. We are 6.

4. If Giants win out - This is where it gets bad for us. If the Giants Win out, we need Dallas AND Skins to drop a game. Because if the Giants and Skins win out, both are in with the Skins winning the division and Giants getting a wildcard. If the Giants and Cowboys win out, both are in with the Cowboys getting the division.

Things aren't looking too optimistic to me. It seems that Giants and Skins/Cowboys will win out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JordanToRose View Post

1. Falcons 12-2
    2. Niners 10-3-1
    3. Packers 10-4
    4. Redskins 8-6
    5. Seahawks 9-5
    6. Giants 8-6

7. Vikings 8-6
    8. Bears 8-6
    9. Cowboys 8-6

We need to win out and

1. Vikings must lose

2. If Redskins win out - we need the Giants to lose one game. Skins are 4. We are 6

3. If Dallas wins out - we need the Giants to lose one game. Dallas is 4. We are 6.

4. If Giants win out - This is where it gets bad for us. If the Giants Win out, we need Dallas AND Skins to drop a game. Because if the Giants and Skins win out, both are in with the Skins winning the division and Giants getting a wildcard. If the Giants and Cowboys win out, both are in with the Cowboys getting the division.

Things aren't looking too optimistic to me. It seems that Giants and Skins/Cowboys will win out.
    What makes you say the last part? plus fyi, Vikings are 6th not the Giants in the playoffs.

Dallas doesn't have to drop a game as long as Bears don't either. Bears own head to head tiebreaker.

NYG has to go to Baltimore next while Washington has to play at Philly and face Dallas in week 17. If Washington makes it, it's gonna be as a division winner imo. I don't see NYG nor MIN winning out. MIN has to go to HOU who btw wants to keep that number one seed and a win at home against the Vikings would do just that by clinching it so they won't back off.

What you are saying doesn't even make sense cuz Washington/Dallas play each other in week 17 so someone has to lose fyi. Giants are playing bad and I don't think they'll win next week against the Ravens in Baltimore.
    Last edited by ChiBulls4Life; 12-17-2012 at 12:55 AM.

vCash

1. Falcons 12-2
    2. Niners 10-3-1
    3. Packers 10-4
    4. Redskins 8-6
    5. Seahawks 9-5
    6. Giants 8-6

7. Vikings 8-6
    8. Bears 8-6
    9. Cowboys 8-6

We need to win out and

1. Vikings must lose

It's actually Vikings, Bears, Cowboys, and Giants. Check this out, it can explain it all for you.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings

go to playoff standings.
    No ideas for the moment.

vCash
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

Play around with this to see what happens.

What I was saying is not in-correct. I switch Minny and New York, my bad but otherwise what I'm saying is true.

If the Giants WIN OUT - they are guaranteed atleast a wild-card. But If Dallas OR Washington ALSO win out either Dallas or Washington are guaranteed the division. I know Dallas/Washington are playing eachother.

"Dallas doesn't have to drop a game as long as Bears don't either. Bears own head to head tiebreaker."

So basically you're wrong. If Dallas wins out and we win out, THEY ARE STILL IN THE PLAYOFFS while we may be left out. Because they get the division if they win out. That's why we need the Giants to lose if either Washington or Dallas is to win out. Please use the simulator before saying I don't understand the playoff scenarios.
    Last edited by JordanToRose; 12-17-2012 at 01:02 AM.

vCash
    Other than switching Minny to 6 and Giants to the outside looking in, everything I've said is correct...

Dallas if they win out, WINS THE DIVISION THEREFORE THEY ARE IN. No matter what anyone else does. Dallas is the Division winner if they win out. Same applies to Washington. This means if New York Wins out too, we are out. Even if we win out. That part is not incorrect. So like I said in my scenarios. Dallas does have to drop a game even if we win out IF the Giants win out.

Please re-read my post. It seems you are having trouble reading it. Those were different scenarios which all include Minny losing a game.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine
    ok ok. i got it. thanks for explanation. But how confident are you that NYG beats baltimore in baltimore next week with how they're playing right now? Dallas has to play NO next week as well. Personally I don't see either team winning next week hence I see Bears getting 6 seed cuz I think Houston beats Minnesota next week as well.

vCash
    You also need to look at the opponents, a loss from the Vikings and NYG/Wash and we are in if we go 2-0.

That's the only way we get in is if we win out. Minnesota has a rough schedule and a loss from NYG seems likely or even Washington.
    No ideas for the moment.

vCash
    I'm pretty sure Houston will take care of Minny, so I'm not extremely worried about them.

I'm just not confident in how the Ravens are playing either even though the game is in Baltimore. I would love if the Ravens show up and beat the Giants, but I kinda would lean on Eli in a big, backs to the wall, game rather than Joe Flacco.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast