Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    nothing but excuses.
    there was plenty he could have done but for some reason you guys just want to nut hug the guy.
    what exactly do you think hes done?
    He cut 2 guys(lol) thats it.
    the rest of the roster moves he did at his perogative, not because he didnt have draft picks.
    The idea that he only had a third round pick to work with is just silly.
    You need to understand what your saying before you write.
    Most drafts net two players.
    Check it.
    Two starters at best, a couple of role players for a couple of years beyond that if your lucky.
    If he had a Full draft, it wouldnt have mattered all that much.
    As Ive alrady shown in several threads, Draft picks are busts as often as they pan out.

where he failed is not identifying who we should have kept over who should go, and who to bring in to coach the team.
    now as Ive pointed out, we have 11 players besides bench warmers under contract,now since we SHOULDNT sign FAs, just how many draft picks do you see us getting this year?
    Let me know if Im missing something.
    RM is a douche, he screwed the Raiders, now you can all go home, I dont want to play anymore....
    Wow...you really are lost Steph. Only had a 3rd? He didn't even have a 3rd....his first pick was after the third was complete.

And I'm really confused why you're name calling now. I'm thinking some time away might do you some good.

-Stork

vCash
    Hahahaha

20+ new players on the roster, all depth. He couldn't cut everyone for gods sake, and many signed were band aids. When you take into consideration the cost versus benefit of cutting and replacing players, SK'a sentiments don't make a lick of sense. It's more cost beneficial to hold onto a questionable player then cut them in that situation. This year will be much different. I understand the argument, but it's ignorant at best given the situation and driven by impatience.

Couch QB's are just that....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeforCanton View Post
    I agree completely.
    Get draft picks and free up salary cap.
    If they don't want to come...fine.
    I see no rerason to OVERPAY.
    Basically, the exact opposite of what Al Davis did the last 30 years. Yes please

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    Retaining Wheeler and Adams for reasonable amounts, firstly. Keeping guys like Houston, Veldheer and Wiz, as well.

There are plenty of players, like Wheeler, who are seen as 'moderate' players - "tier 2" guys, as you put it. They don't have the big names, the marketability or price tag that other players do, which means Reggie can sign a lot of them with very little risk weighed against potentially large rewards.

What did Jay Tolefson cost Oakland, really? At worst, a roster spot - and after this season, that can be easily rectified.

The Raiders will be dumpster diving and scrub-swapping for a few years while the roster takes shape. We have to hope Reggie gets them more right then wrong - so far he has - and that the coaching can take a step (or two) forward.

I do agree that the Raiders need more draft picks. In a fantasy world, the Raiders will trade back from the top-5 to somewhere in the top-10... and then trade back from the top-10 to the 20's, gaining an additional picks in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th rounds - and grabbing 3-4 productive staters and a lot of additional depth in the process.
    sounds like a good plan to me
    I do not CHEER when a RAIDER is HURT
    I will always respect & admire Al Davis
    Win, Lose, or Tie; Raider Fan Till I Die

vCash
    relax bro, I was attempting to be humorous.

He has IMO done nothing to warrant any praise.
    I dont understand why people who wouldve never thought twice about the guy coming back to oakland, suddenly are wearing RM PJs to bed.

given a full draft things wouldnt have been any different.
    I challenge you to find a name in the 1st 2nd or third round before we picked that RM would have taken given the players we already had, that would have made a difference.

Russel wilson and doug martin are the ONLY impact players taken below our draft spot in the 1st round and before Bergstrom was taken, so I get tired of reading people make excuses based in fantasy.
    we would never have picked either player.
    Look at the entire draft class it is one of the weakest EVER. 90% of the class is either specail teams fodder or at home already, so please guys stop with the whole "missed draft" excuse.

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://e...oS_areE1nDejmw
    If you want to bet Ill take the time to check every roster for who made the cut on every team.
    bottom line he tanked the team to get to a fresh start and he didnt have to do that. he could have operated on the fly, but he took the easiest way out.
    everything he did looks like he was just planning on trying to start with a blank canvass, and in doing so he wasted any talent in picks we already had.
    If he misses on this years draft we will be top 5 again.
    He has had one job, manage the situation and he has done little of anything remotely close to managing.
    now once again,give me back my starwars guys...Im going home...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishedz View Post
    Basically, the exact opposite of what Al Davis did the last 30 years. Yes please
    Lighten up on Al Davis
    I do not CHEER when a RAIDER is HURT
    I will always respect & admire Al Davis
    Win, Lose, or Tie; Raider Fan Till I Die

vCash
    Steph, take your pills...you are behaving strangely.

I'm Your Huckleberry.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fishedz View Post
    Hahahaha

20+ new players on the roster, all depth. He couldn't cut everyone for gods sake, and many signed were band aids. When you take into consideration the cost versus benefit of cutting and replacing players, SK'a sentiments don't make a lick of sense. It's more cost beneficial to hold onto a questionable player then cut them in that situation. This year will be much different. I understand the argument, but it's ignorant at best given the situation and driven by impatience.

Couch QB's are just that....
    Fish, you are one of the most emotional guys in here so please dont try and play that card with me.
    Im not impatient, ive been right here for the last 40 years watching this team, I just seem to have a better understanding of what has been done then some of you guys.
    there were plenty of choices to be made.
    there were plenty of FAs we couldve signed, the players her identified sucked.
    Period.
    Breisel,Pat lee,Spencer, Bartell,Barnes ,Branch, Burnett,Carlisle,Clayton, francis,Giordano, Goodson,willie smith...those (and more) were RM signings.
    the ONLY successful players out of the entire offseason in which he turned over 60+% of the roster, was Phillip wheeler, and Miles Burris.
    Two, out of 30.
    throw in a terrible HC, who asked for a even worse pair of co-ordinators and you have the 2012 raiders.

Now you WANT him to be the long term answer, the light at the end of the tunnel...thats cool, so do I, But from what Im seeing so far, hes making that tunnel longer and longer, making unneccessary twist and turns.hes done nothing...NOTHING to earn your support, but its yours to give,I told you at the start of the season DHB shouldnt be a starting WR and He wouldnt see the 2013 season, You absolutely shityour pants over that, but somewhere along the road of this season you seem to have changed your mind,When your finally saying we need a new coach or new players remember who signed them.

vCash
    why does the truth upset people?

vCash
    Only some people Steph. But what makes you think your take is the real truth? You advocate signing Urlacher, Shockey, Umeniyora and the like. I think all of that is folly. You think McFadden is part of the solution, I think that is more than folly.

Why are you so sure you know better than a guy who's been doing it professionally for a couple of decades now?

Ron Wolf and John Madden think he's pretty smart. How about you give him a fair chance before getting all hormonal about it?

-Stork

vCash
    What truth? You're just ranting about Reggie, irrespective of circumstance.

Posters have repeatedly argued on the same points; speaking for myself, I have no interest in re-litigating the points I've brought up time and time again. I have a working theory, and so far, I have found some evidence in either direction which could prove me right or wrong.

This season is lost. It's a damned tragedy, but there's not a damned thing you can do about it now - certainly not by complaining on the internet.

My only additional comment is this -- if Al Davis had died in 2009, nobody on Earth would question this team going 3-13 after successive 11, 12, 14, 12 and 11 loss seasons.

Lest we forget, Tom Cable was the one who got Oakland to 8-8. He laid the groundwork for Hue Jackson, who went on an epic power trip and lost the team.

Reggie and Dennis Allen are now starting from scratch, essentially rebuilding a team in the same dire straights it found itself recovering from in '08, when Lane Kiffin was kicked to the curb.

vCash
    I actually accepted that Mcfadden is NOT a part of the answer, but not for the reasons you pointed out.
    2013 is his last year under contract, 2014 is an option year and at his $ and limited production he will not see that money, also he will be going into his 6th season, getting old for a RB, I still believe in his ability, but accept your assesment that we should move on already, a third and fourth would do it for me.
    I still think under the right conditions he could lead the league in rushing, but those conditions clearly arent in Oakland.

Urlacher is an 8 time probowler and is a far better Mike then anyone we have, now, we have three choices, stick with Mcclain for his ridiculous salary, draft Teo in the 1st, or sign a competent FA.
    BU has a couple of years left in the tank, that would free up our 1st round pick and we could spend two years looking for his replacement.

Osi, has 31 tackles and 6 sacks, better then any line man we have,

and my shockey idea wasnt so much as shockey love as it was Myers distrust,
    Myers has acquited himself nicely with yardage, catches, even YAC, but he hasnt been a red zone threat and he doesnt stretch the field.
    we need that 6-5,6-7 running, jumping TE that everyone else has,
    He is a FA now as well, and he is at best a TE 2, so now what? do you pay him TE1 money or are we back on the FA market again, or do we HAVE to draft a TE out of need?

Like I said, I dont like what Ive seen, maybe he has a 5 year plan or something...IDK, but he didnt make a few adjustments , he blew the thing up completely.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    What truth? You're just ranting about Reggie, irrespective of circumstance.

Posters have repeatedly argued on the same points; speaking for myself, I have no interest in re-litigating the points I've brought up time and time again. I have a working theory, and so far, I have found some evidence in either direction which could prove me right or wrong.

This season is lost. It's a damned tragedy, but there's not a damned thing you can do about it now - certainly not by complaining on the internet.

My only additional comment is this -- if Al Davis had died in 2009, nobody on Earth would question this team going 3-13 after successive 11, 12, 14, 12 and 11 loss seasons.

Lest we forget, Tom Cable was the one who got Oakland to 8-8. He laid the groundwork for Hue Jackson, who went on an epic power trip and lost the team.

Reggie and Dennis Allen are now starting from scratch, essentially rebuilding a team in the same dire straights it found itself recovering from in '08, when Lane Kiffin was kicked to the curb.
    well, the truth as I see it then shred.
    Missing draft picks last spring did not do this, like I said a HUGE % those picks didnt make it past preseason and most who did arent doing much more then filling out the benches around the league so when I read people writing like THAT was the problem, I get a little hysterical.
    Also the cap space and blah, blah excuses...he had enough cap and leeway to make 30 signings, all of them bombed except two. what else is a GM supposed to do?

vCash
    I actually accepted that Mcfadden is NOT a part of the answer, but not for the reasons you pointed out.
    2013 is his last year under contract, 2014 is an option year and at his $ and limited production he will not see that money, also he will be going into his 6th season, getting old for a RB, I still believe in his ability, but accept your assesment that we should move on already, a third and fourth would do it for me.
    I still think under the right conditions he could lead the league in rushing, but those conditions clearly arent in Oakland.
    2013 is his 6th and last year under his rookie contract. He's a free agent in 2014. A 3rd and 4th for him is a pipe dream as he's proven himself to be useless.

Urlacher is an 8 time probowler and is a far better Mike then anyone we have, now, we have three choices, stick with Mcclain for his ridiculous salary, draft Teo in the 1st, or sign a competent FA.
    BU has a couple of years left in the tank, that would free up our 1st round pick and we could spend two years looking for his replacement.
    He's old, hurt and done. He'd be a catastrophic waste of assets. We have far more options than those.

Osi, has 31 tackles and 6 sacks, better then any line man we have,
    He's a dick. A disruptive egomaniac. Almost exactly what we're not looking for. Besides, he'll be 32 next year and would cost far too much.

and my shockey idea wasnt so much as shockey love as it was Myers distrust,
    Myers has acquited himself nicely with yardage, catches, even YAC, but he hasnt been a red zone threat and he doesnt stretch the field.
    we need that 6-5,6-7 running, jumping TE that everyone else has,
    He is a FA now as well, and he is at best a TE 2, so now what? do you pay him TE1 money or are we back on the FA market again, or do we HAVE to draft a TE out of need?

Like I said, I dont like what Ive seen, maybe he has a 5 year plan or something...IDK, but he didnt make a few adjustments , he blew the thing up completely.
    Your Shockey idea was awful and Myers has shown himself to be a legit NFL tight end.

Your harping on a "5 year plan" comes off as irrational and emotional. McKenzie hasn't had a fair shake yet, its far too early to go hunting for his head. And certainly too early to start calling him a "douche".

Frankly Steph, your take is rather bizarre.

-Stork

vCash
    I have one memory of Myers, and it isn`t very good.

It doesn`t take much to get some praise around here.

Miller was god until he left, never heard another thing about the man.

Aso was Superman while in town, now he`s getting burnt on a regular basis.

Something has to give soon, that`s uplifting lol.

Reggie got played in a New York Minute

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast