Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Bartell to be Released

According to Bleacher Report Bartell to be released today. Perhaps we should have kept Lee.

I'm Your Huckleberry.

vCash
    Ronald Bartell - DB - Free Agent
    Raiders released CB Ronald Bartell.
    Heads continue to roll in Oakland, though Bartell was actually brought in by the new regime. Signed to be a starter, Bartell ended up missing Weeks 2-9 with a neck injury, and wasn't effective when on the field. Injuries have now limited the former Ram to just seven of a possible 29 games the past two seasons. He'll turn 31 in February. Oakland will go forward with Michael Huff and either Joselio Hanson or Phillip Adams at cornerback.

Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.
    Roush Fenway Racing #17 Ford Fusion

2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Rookie of the Year Winner

vCash
    I like it he don't do crap. Maybe Adams is the key. now we build through the draft.

vCash
    Like this move

Shows me the GM is willing to cut a guy he signed if the guy isn't cutting it. RM isn't going to keep guy's around who can't play football even if they were guy's he signed in the first place.

Love having a GM who can admit he made the wrong move instead of holding on to a guy out of pride because it was "his" guy.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt

There's no country on Earth that would tolerate missiles raining down on its citizens from outside its borders.
    -Barack "drone" Obama, 11/18/2012

vCash
    Great move. Bartell was garbage! He looked lost out there. Would like to see Adams get a shot

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy West View Post
    Like this move

Shows me the GM is willing to cut a guy he signed if the guy isn't cutting it. RM isn't going to keep guy's around who can't play football even if they were guy's he signed in the first place.

Love having a GM who can admit he made the wrong move instead of holding on to a guy out of pride because it was "his" guy.
    Maybe he will take the same approach with DA and hire Gruden.

vCash
    There is speculation this move may be to bring back McClain to the active roster. I think it would be a big mistake to bring him back.

Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.

vCash
    Not specifically related...but Ravens let go there offensive coordinator that just scored 28 pts in a loss...and put a 50 burger on us...yet we still retain Knapp...I just dont get it...I dont mind cutting dead weight..but I think our Priorities are just off a bit.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NC_RaiderFan5 View Post
    There is speculation this move may be to bring back McClain to the active roster. I think it would be a big mistake to bring him back.
    I REALLY doubt McClain's coming back.

DA / RM used some pretty tough language in regards to Rolando. I'd be surprised - and highly disappointed - if they brought him back to the active roster.

FWIW, Reggie isn't screwing around, is he? He could clearly care less - if you suck, you better keep your stuff packed up.

Philip Adams and Michael Huff will start at CB. Can't say I expected that at the start of the 2012 campaign.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tbrown76 View Post
    Not specifically related...but Ravens let go there offensive coordinator that just scored 28 pts in a loss...and put a 50 burger on us...yet we still retain Knapp...I just dont get it...I dont mind cutting dead weight..but I think our Priorities are just off a bit.....
    McKenzie and Allen obviously believe they don't have the personnel to execute the schemes they are trying to run, so I believe they are reserving judgment on the coordinators to some extent. Obviously, however, I don't think many of Knapp's play selections and run to pass ratio would be successful with any lineup. We'll see.

Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballistix View Post
    Maybe he will take the same approach with DA and hire Gruden.
    I think RM understands Gruden wouldn't do any better with the scrubs this team puts out on the field.

RM knew that rebuilding this organization from the ground up would be no easy task. I just wish some of the fans that were looking for instant gratification knew that as well.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt

There's no country on Earth that would tolerate missiles raining down on its citizens from outside its borders.
    -Barack "drone" Obama, 11/18/2012

vCash
    finally. he woulda been cut earlier had he not creamed adams in the head. bartell was easily worse than 2 other corners we released, it was just a matter of time.
    HAWKS 13 -- 14 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

vCash
    I think Adams is going to be our go to guy. He's really stood out.
    Don't like me?

Go have a seat with the rest of the putas waiting for me to give a flying fk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
    I think Adams is going to be our go to guy. He's really stood out.
    For one game.

Let me see the kid do it for the next 3. Heres to hoping.

Oh BTW, looked like Stevie Brown had yet ANOTHER good game yesterday. WTF was Al and Hue thinking letting that kid go.
    [CENTER]

"I BRING THE JUICE!"
    -Raiders LB Sio Moore

newjawn.com-medicinal music

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NC_RaiderFan5 View Post
    McKenzie and Allen obviously believe they don't have the personnel to execute the schemes they are trying to run, so I believe they are reserving judgment on the coordinators to some extent. Obviously, however, I don't think many of Knapp's play selections and run to pass ratio would be successful with any lineup. We'll see.
    Good points....I guess we will wait and see...what is it called black monday...lol..first monday after regular season or something...

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast