Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

More good news in terms of Cap relief

A few days after the NFL network reported that Richard Seymour's contract may become void, Jason La Canfora is now reporting we can void Rolando Mcclain's contract.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ja...ortend-release

Raiders linebacker Rolando McClain, a 2010 first-round pick, is completing his two-game, team-issued suspension on Sunday and is eligible to return to the club on Monday. However, this suspension could well be the first step to releasing the former eighth overall pick, whom sources confirmed was sent away from the team after engaging in a very loud and volatile argument with coach Dennis Allen a few weeks back, during the individual portion of practice. McClain has not practiced with the team since.

The former Alabama star is no stranger to off-field issues as well, including a December 2011 arrest for assault. Several current and former teammates say privately McClain is a difficult individual to play with and be around at times. McClain is due another $3.6 million in guaranteed money between 2013 and 2014, the remaining years on his deal. But per the language in his contract, the suspension means the Raiders can void the remainder of guaranteed money still owed to him and release him without penalty. Should McClain appeal, the NFLPA would have to make the case that his actions did not amount to "conduct detrimental to the team" in order to recoup that money.

McClain has already pocketed roughly $20 million from the Raiders.

Oakland could be looking at major changes this offseason, with veterans like Carson Palmer and Richard Seymour possibly done there and oft-injured Darren McFadden entering the final year of his deal. Owner Mark Davis has expressed public dissatisfaction with the team's progress in 2012 under the first-year coach Allen and general manager Reggie McKenzie.

A large part of McKenzie's job this year was the restoration of order to the team's cap situation, purging bloated contracts and trying to prepare the club for the future. It remains to be seen if McClain will be a part of that purge, though the events of recent weeks would make it much easier now to get out of that deal without major financial ramifications.

Next year Seymours Cap hit is 15 million while Mcclains is 6,675,000.

This is potentially 21 million in Cap Room, with no CAP HIT. HUGE HUGE HUGE.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Good I hope they void 90% of the teams contracts including GM and coaches

"Killer Instinct"

vCash
    This is very good news. Thanks for posting this raiderposting. Freeing up that much cap space would be huge this offseason. It would free up much needed cap space that would allow the Raiders to go after some good free agents.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LA_Raiders View Post
    Good I hope they void 90% of the teams contracts including GM and coaches
    yep, very smart to get rid of a GM after 1 season were he had his hands were tied.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by krsonekth View Post
    This is very good news. Thanks for posting this raiderposting. Freeing up that much cap space would be huge this offseason. It would free up much needed cap space that would allow the Raiders to go after some good free agents.
    im actually excited. Top 5 pick with money of the books without cap hits.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    im actually excited. Top 5 pick with money of the books without cap hits.
    Same here. I'm looking forward to this off season

vCash
    Clean house!!!!
    #FreeCrooner!!!!

vCash
    Free agency may be interesting this year.
    Mc Clain is already overpaid.
    Too bad this happened...but enough is enough!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    Free agency may be interesting this year.
    Mc Clain is already overpaid.
    Too bad this happened...but enough is enough!
    its great that this happened, we can void his contract now, his cap hit would have been huge.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    I think the Players Union needs to becareful and to choose their battles carefully. Big paper trail is following McClain and this might be one for them to just let go.

vCash
    Thanks for the posting RaiderPosting. This is a great GM so far, yes this team is lacking as of right now but it should be an easy transition to be a playoff team. The chiefs are look looking well who knows about them...Chargers will be going through the same pain as us if they fire Norv and the Broncos have Peyton and the truth is he got sacked 3 TIMES in the first half when he had been sacked from my understanding only once the whole season...

This Organization will BE BACK, whether in Oakland or in Los Angeles this is my team FOREVER.

vCash
    Reggie knows what he is doing. He will get issues ironed-out and fixed for the Raiders' future, and it begins right now by preparing for an exciting offseason. There's much improvement to be had, and Raider Nation has seen evidence of such progress already with situations of McClain and Seymour.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    yep, very smart to get rid of a GM after 1 season were he had his hands were tied.
    Don't bother responding to the regressives.

They seem to think we should return to Hue and let him "Palmer trade" the Raiders to glory.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    Don't bother responding to the regressives.

They seem to think we should return to Hue and let him "Palmer trade" the Raiders to glory.
    They're idiots

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    cap relief is all im concerned with at this point, couple with solid drafting and free agency... this is good news

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast