Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,321
    vCash
    1500

    Do premier high school/college players request scott boras?

    Lets face it, Boras is the guy who will get you the most money. If i was a premier top 10 draft pick kinda guy, I'd immediately call Scott Boras myself and tell all other agents who want to represent me to stop bugging. By now, I'm sure the "Scott Boras" name is engraved in every baseball players head from the age of 15.

    Do you think Boras no longer even has to worry about scouting? I wonder if premier players just knock on his front door.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Heart of Long Island
    Posts
    7,312
    vCash
    1500
    I would think that Boras, or any other agent for that matter, would come to you first. I don't think there's any rule that he can't talk to any high school/college player, though.

    What he does really pisses off a lot of people.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    17,663
    vCash
    1500
    They should, and if they are that good he usually gets them. Boras = the man. As big as anyone else in baseball history for getting baseball players treated like humans rather than the cattle the NFL treats their players as.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    On The Block
    Posts
    29,887
    vCash
    1500
    In his interview with Kevin Goldstein and Jason Parks a while back on their podcast he claimed 100's of amateur players, college and high school, call his agency every year, and they have to actually turn the large majority of guys down, and select the ones they consider the prime talents.

    Coming soon to a TKRO stadium near you

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    170
    vCash
    1500
    Can someone please tell me who Scott Boras is?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,321
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Killer Clown View Post
    Can someone please tell me who Scott Boras is?
    He's the Gordon Gekko of baseball agents
    Last edited by 310Casper; 12-09-2012 at 10:51 PM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    170
    vCash
    1500
    What does that mean??

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The COAL REGION,PA
    Posts
    972
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Killer Clown View Post
    What does that mean??
    Googles your best friend.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,817
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Killer Clown View Post
    Can someone please tell me who Scott Boras is?
    An agent who's really good at getting his clients obscenely generous contracts, i.e. Barry Zito and Jason Werth getting 7 years/$126 million, ARod's $252 and $275 million contracts, Prince Fielder getting $214 million from the Tigers.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    170
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by otatop View Post
    An agent who's really good at getting his clients obscenely generous contracts, i.e. Barry Zito and Jason Werth getting 7 years/$126 million, ARod's $252 and $275 million contracts, Prince Fielder getting $214 million from the Tigers.
    Oh ok. Thank you

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Heart of Long Island
    Posts
    7,312
    vCash
    1500
    Otherwise known as Scott Bor@$$ (killing two birds with one stone by calling him a mean name and using dollar signs at the same time).

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,102
    vCash
    1500
    I'd love to be able to hear in on some of his meetings with general managers. Just to see what he says and does that separates him from the rest.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    38,085
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by VRP723 View Post
    In his interview with Kevin Goldstein and Jason Parks a while back on their podcast he claimed 100's of amateur players, college and high school, call his agency every year, and they have to actually turn the large majority of guys down, and select the ones they consider the prime talents.
    Wow, impressive.


    I was assuming he just solicited the **** out of them.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,064
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DodgerBlue8188 View Post
    I'd love to be able to hear in on some of his meetings with general managers. Just to see what he says and does that separates him from the rest.
    I've heard that Alex Anthopoulos chooses to avoid doing business with him, although I'm not really sure of the validity of that rumor.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Killer Clown View Post
    Can someone please tell me who Scott Boras is?
    the devil
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •