Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    He's been above 60% passer over his last 8 games. Too many people are judging him on that 4 game stretch when his completion % was under 50%.

Turnovers are tricky and sometimes they just happen. It's the stupid turnovers that he has to cut down on. A good coach can help with that.

Today's fumble was caused by him getting hit in the back while looking to pass. That happens, and you're going to have at least 5 or more of those every year. Every team does, and they're a fact of life. Fumbles in the open field are absolutely unacceptable, and he's had too many of those.

I was watching Jets' game plan on SNY earlier in the year and Cavanugh was talking about the drop back routine he has the guys do. He has them use a 7 step drop. That's 2 more steps than most QB's take in a passing offense.

That means that before Sanchez can even get set and start looking down the field, he's given the defense almost 3 seconds to start their rush. If you've got a good run game or dominant O-Line, that might work. Today, he was rolling out more. That will help him buy time when there's pressure. I've been suggesting they do that with him all year.

Today's fumble actually pissed me off not because it was a bone head play, but because the way things have been going for Sanchez and this team, a play like that can cause a total downward spiral.

The fact that Sanchez's stats were not great bothered me, but the play calling was ultra conservative, and I guess you can get away with that against a bad team. Against Tennessee, the game plan is going to have to be more aggressive or the Jets could lose.

People say they want him to be smart with the ball. So do I. Stupid plays are not acceptable, and Sanchez has made too many of them in his career.

Then when he is safe with the ball, those same people say his numbers weren't impressive enough. The guy's confidence has to be shot, so a conservative game plan to give him low risk passes was probably best.

He made a perfect pass for 37 yards late in the game when the team desperately needed him to air it out. I haven't seen you or any other anti-Sanchez guys acknowledge that. If he didn't make that throw, you guys would have been lighting up the thread with your venom. When he does succeed, it's..."oh great, one pass. Big Deal. Any other QB makes that throw every time."

You are right. An elite WR can't make a bad QB good. A good offensive system with good WR's can make a guy like Matt Cassell look like a pro bowler though.

Since Sanchez is here for another year, wouldn't it be nice to see what he could look like with a better scheme and a couple of good WR's. They should also get a viable backup in the offseason who can step in if Sanchez can't be what we need him to be. We had one this year, then Woody went for headline with Tebow.
    Hmm pretty sure I said nice throw..And ive never said sanchez cant make those throws. What I do say is most times he does not.

Sanchez will get his real shot next year. Im sure the Jets will get some offensive help in the offseason.

Jets owe it to sanchez and themselves to see if Sanchez can be more than a game manager.

If all sanchez can be is Alex Smith light then I say kick rocks... jets dont need that.

"The Butt of all jokes"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
    Hmm pretty sure I said nice throw..And ive never said sanchez cant make those throws. What I do say is most times he does not.

Sanchez will get his real shot next year. Im sure the Jets will get some offensive help in the offseason.

Jets owe it to sanchez and themselves to see if Sanchez can be more than a game manager.

If all sanchez can be is Alex Smith light then I say kick rocks... jets dont need that.
    I might have missed your "nice throw" comment among all the other stuff. Sorry.

What if Sanchez isn't Alex Smith light, but Alex Smith?

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    I might have missed your "nice throw" comment among all the other stuff. Sorry.

What if Sanchez isn't Alex Smith light, but Alex Smith?
    I say kick rocks. I want a QB who can throw 30-40x without having 4 ints.

The fact that the jets faced a terrible Jags defense and still ran plays designed for a 7th round rookie QB should be alarming.

What does that tell you? Jets have no trust in sanchez? Can the Jets beat any real team with that game plan?

This season needs to end. Since Sanchez is 99% the starter next season they need to get at least 1 high end WR to team with Holmes Kerley and Hill.

Let Sanchez air it out and finally put to rest this debate.

If hes still 55% with bonehead turnovers then you know he will never be good. If he turns it around and becomes a top 10-15 QB then the Jets win and can continue to build around him.

"The Butt of all jokes"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    Uh, what was this 3rd "wildly inaccurate" pass that Sanchez threw? The ball to Kerley was overthrown badly and he heaved it over Hill's head, but there was no guarantee an accurate pass would have been caught there.

Yeah, that last sentence definitely said "I'm mad that Sanchez didn't suck today!" Also, your avatar is terrible. It makes McElroy look like a little pouting kid with his hands down in frustration. Although maybe that's just what you look like after the Jets didn't give ol' noodle arm a shot against the Jaguars.
    First off sparky today's game by Sanchez was not his best game that u portray it to be. Secondly do we really need to back and look at the game tape to see how inaccurate he is as a QB? Your a smart guy check out his stats, he's a 55% completion passer. And last but not least, the way your going to try and insult me by my avatar is comical. I'd expect that from a Sanchez supporter, apparently you don't know wich way is up.

And my argument for McElroy is very straight forward.

1. He protects the ball Sanchez does not.
    2. The style of offense we are playing (G&P if you we're not aware) fits him perfect
    3. He is accurate on short and intermediate throws Sanchez is not.

There's not one negative to starting McElroy other than he does terrible, but we are used to that with mark Sanchez anyway so what is the problem.

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash

The fact that the jets faced a terrible Jags defense and still ran plays designed for a 7th round rookie QB should be alarming.

What does that tell you? Jets have no trust in sanchez? Can the Jets beat any real team with that game plan?

This season needs to end. Since Sanchez is 99% the starter next season they need to get at least 1 high end WR to team with Holmes Kerley and Hill.

If hes still 55% with bonehead turnovers then you know he will never be good. If he turns it around and becomes a top 10-15 QB then the Jets win and can continue to build around him.
    I agree here 100%

#Hernandezing

haha delusional

vCash

This is all I ever wanted. Is he, or isn't he. He's never had a chance to figure it out. The Jets have never had an identity on offense.

The Jets need legit WR's and an OC who can game plan around a QB. A lot of people thought Shotty was the perfect OC for Sanchez because he was looking to open up the offense.

Rex wanted ground and pound, and having a rookie try to air it out was a failure because he had no weapons to throw to. So they got him Braylon, then Holmes. Then stripped him of his running game.

I don't think the Jets need to be a "ground and pound" team. I think they need a balanced offense. They need a running game. They need WR's for Sanchez to throw to. They need an O-Line to block.
    Last edited by Mr. Magoo; 12-10-2012 at 01:06 AM.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    The problem is everyone is looking for that "stylish performance" and to me, that is the least of my concerns. Get the win 1st and foremost. Who cares what Sanchez did yesterday in terms of numbers? At the end of the day, we got the win and that is all that matters. Andrew Luck had a Mark Sanchez-esqe day yesterday too. Doesn't matter; they got the win to improve to 9-4.

2nd of all, use what is working for you. If Powell and Greene are running hard and make plays, keep using it.
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

vCash
    How about Bart Scott with the INT in the redzone???? Thats twice in a few weeks he made a turnover , He had the fumble return in StLouis and now the pick, not bad for him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CurseOfJoeNamth View Post
    How about Bart Scott with the INT in the redzone???? Thats twice in a few weeks he made a turnover , He had the fumble return in StLouis and now the pick, not bad for him
    I am happy Scott is playing well, but what worries me is he will have a good end to the season, and then the FO will try and do something where he sticks around next year-- lowering his salary next year for future guarantees

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    The problem is everyone is looking for that "stylish performance" and to me, that is the least of my concerns. Get the win 1st and foremost. Who cares what Sanchez did yesterday in terms of numbers? At the end of the day, we got the win and that is all that matters. Andrew Luck had a Mark Sanchez-esqe day yesterday too. Doesn't matter; they got the win to improve to 9-4.

2nd of all, use what is working for you. If Powell and Greene are running hard and make plays, keep using it.
    Well you should care what Sanchez did yesterday. The Jags defense is BAD yet the Jets protected sanchez like a rookie low round draft choice making his first NFL start.
    How does this help Sanchez? How does this help the Jets in the long run? This whole mess reeks of coachs/Gm's trying to save themselves.

How will that style beat any team over 500?

And please stop comparing Sanchez to Luck. Need I remind you one is a rookie QB (Luck) the other is a 4 year starter (Sanchez)

you also say use whats working....Thats fine vs the dregs of the NFL What happens if the Jets make the playoffs (highly unlikely)and have to face off vs a true playoff calibre team? What then? Is scoring 17 points going to bring home a win? Is 19 passes for 100 yds going to get the job done?

Whats the Jets record vs winning teams ths season? 1 win? Hows that style working?

Sorry man but with all the turmoil going on within the Jets it is so much more than just wins/losses.

It could be the difference between sucking 1 year or sucking for the next 5.

"The Butt of all jokes"

vCash
    Well you should care what Sanchez did yesterday. The Jags defense is BAD yet the Jets protected sanchez like a rookie low round draft choice making his first NFL start.
    How does this help Sanchez? How does this help the Jets in the long run? This whole mess reeks of coachs/Gm's trying to save themselves.

How will that style beat any team over 500?

And please stop comparing Sanchez to Luck. Need I remind you one is a rookie QB (Luck) the other is a 4 year starter (Sanchez)

you also say use whats working....Thats fine vs the dregs of the NFL What happens if the Jets make the playoffs (highly unlikely)and have to face off vs a true playoff calibre team? What then? Is scoring 17 points going to bring home a win? Is 19 passes for 100 yds going to get the job done?

Whats the Jets record vs winning teams ths season? 1 win? Hows that style working?

Sorry man but with all the turmoil going on within the Jets it is so much more than just wins/losses.

It could be the difference between sucking 1 year or sucking for the next 5.

CCU While im am always happy the jets are winning, Green lantern makes a point and a valid one at that. This style of play IS working, but we happen to forget who its working against. Im pretty sure it was you who said that the NFL is a passing league and run oriented teams with solid defense are becoming obsolete due to the high powered throwing teams.

Ask yourself what the jets are and how they can survive playing this way.

#Hernandezing

haha delusional

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    CCU While im am always happy the jets are winning, Green lantern makes a point and a valid one at that. This style of play IS working, but we happen to forget who its working against. Im pretty sure it was you who said that the NFL is a passing league and run oriented teams with solid defense are becoming obsolete due to the high powered throwing teams.

Ask yourself what the jets are and how they can survive playing this way.
    True, I did say that and don't deny it, BUT if the running game is working well and what not, why not use it and keep using it until someone stops you from doing it? Take the Indy game earlier this year-- We had over 200 yards on the ground that day; why would you go away from that and start throwing the football?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    True, I did say that and don't deny it, BUT if the running game is working well and what not, why not use it and keep using it until someone stops you from doing it? Take the Indy game earlier this year-- We had over 200 yards on the ground that day; why would you go away from that and start throwing the football?
    Thats the point I have been trying to make the past two days, If and when our running games gets shut down we cant score points with mark throwing for 100 yds and 50% completion. Ive been making a case for McElroy even though i know and realize it will be mark because of $$$$.

If the money or contract was not an issue, it should be McElroy to start. Its that simple, McElroy can do what sanchez is doing more efficient with less turnover and WAY LESS MONEY.

#Hernandezing

haha delusional

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CurseOfJoeNamth View Post
    Hmmm...okay, but let's not lose sight of what this interception was.

McInrtyre drilled, and I mean HE ****ING DRILLED Henne as he was throwing that ball, and it basically went up in the air like a pop up in the infield, which was up for grabs for anyone in the area.

It's not like he defended or stepped in front of a pass. Scott was in the right place at the right time.

I will say that for the first time in a VERY long time, Scott was very humble with the media after the game. He said all the right things, and made it clear that this team is about winning and not bravado (I guess Rex's message got though to him).

-Sun Tzu

vCash
    Sanchez did well enough this week. By well enough, I mean he didn't have insanely costly turnovers that he usually has. He faced the Jaguars and they suck. Eventually, we will need Sanchez to win us a game with us in the playoff hunt (that sounds so laughable given how pathetic we have been this year). I'm not sure if he's capable of winning us a game. He has the ability (as he's shown earlier in his career) but he just seems mentally broken this year.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast