Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Bargnani speaks on trade rumors

Seems to be the hot topic of the moment
    LOS ANGELES - Andrea Bargnani has heard the trade rumours. He knows he has been targeted in the media and by the public for much of what ails the Raptors.

And all of it is having zero effect on him. In fact, he even understands it.

“No, of course it doesn’t affect me, but I think it does make sense on this team,” he said. “Who else would you blame? I don’t really know what you want me to answer.”

Even the trade rumours, the kind that keep popping up, the kind that can mess with a player’s head aren’t having any impact on him.

“Of course I hear the trade rumours,” he said. “But trades are part of the job. Since the first day I joined this team seven years ago, I knew I could be traded. That’s the reality. From Day 1 you know that can happen at any time.”

In Bargnani’s almost Spock-like logical world, there is no point in letting something that has always been a distinct possibility affect him one way or the other, and there’s certainly no point in getting oneself prepared for such an eventuality.

“It’s something you don’t control, so there’s no purpose in being prepared for it or getting prepared for it,” he said. “The only thing you really care about is trying to play good for yourself and for the team. That’s what you have to prepare for. A trade? Be prepared or not prepared, it doesn’t make you a better player or a worse player. If it’s going to happen, it happens. If it doesn’t, I mean it’s not something you really think about, at least I don’t think about it.

“Maybe you have more chance of being traded when you’re playing good, right? Because your value is up ... I don’t panic, honestly. So all these rumours and the talking? What does thinking about rumours get you at the end of the day?”

Bargnani has become the focus of much of the fans’ ire for a number of reasons. Two of the biggest are that his scoring is down and his inability to show emotion which is often misinterpreted as a guy who just doesn’t give a damn. But Bargnani will never be a guy who wears his emotions on his sleeve. Heck, his emotions may never leave the inside of his skin, but he knows this about himself and he’s fine living with whatever consequences that brings.

“I am very able to (stay even-keeled) which is a very good thing from one side but from the other side it’s not such a great thing, so you have two sides. But I’m definitely able to do that.”

Bargnani had one more revelation that came out when he was asked if he thought his team had hit rock bottom with the 30-point loss in Utah on Friday.

“Losing by 30 is different but it’s still losing,” he said. “I mean, for me personally, the loss in Sacramento didn’t feel any better than the Utah loss. It’s still a loss. You could say Utah was the bottom because we lost by 30 but I think we hit the bottom a couple of weeks ago.”
    http://www.torontosun.com/2012/12/08...-trade-rumours

vCash
    Interesting read. He should take it upon himself to make sure the team isn't at the "bottom" anymore.

vCash
    So what he's saying is that he's checked out for awhile now. Can't argue with that

vCash
    i'm surprised this is really even an article

is anyone really surprised? IMO he should have been traded long time ago. He hasn't lived up to being remotely anything we thought he'd be and he hasn't improved much either.

Outside of maybe BC and the raptors organization he isn't highly regarded either around the league. I doubt he has much trade value, I think it would be a steal if we could trade him for a lottery pick at this point and/or a young talent.

vCash
    So basically he's saying I don't give a ****

vCash
    Barganani still sucks
    We are Anonymous,
    We are Legion,
    We do not forgive,
    We do not forget,
    Expect us

vCash
    he's right to not worry about things he can't control so i can't criticize this
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    he's right to not worry about things he can't control so i can't criticize this
    First fair comment. The guy owned it. What more do people want?

Obviously winning, but the one thing people always complain about is when someone doesn't own it or take responsibility.

He took responsibility. He knows it's him that is the target and he doesn't deny or shirk any blame.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BALLER R View Post
    So basically he's saying I don't give a ****
    Actually lots of facepalms for comments like this. lol.

vCash
    The only thing I got from this article: Andrea speaks english?!

And by the way, those pants, they belong to my dad.And they're not really pants,
    they're Lederhosen

11. 12-09-2012, 07:12 PM
    Reason
    off topic

12. 12-09-2012, 07:23 PM
    Reason
    off topic

13. 12-09-2012, 08:59 PM
    Reason
    off topic

14. 12-09-2012, 09:44 PM
    Reason
    off topic

vCash
    Even though he's taken responsibility he won't change. He is what he is...trade him.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [ ]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    honestly its been more than 20 games and a change has to be made. doesn't have to be drastic

and if they are still planning to keep bargnani, then they should bench him and see if he can exploit that role coming off the bench as the 6th man and taking advantage of opposing bench players. he plays better with calderon and amir johnson

davis has been playing better both sides of the court, and if they want to win games without making a trade, then they really should experiment with the lineup

vCash
    whatever happened to accountability with this team? andrea should have been benched long ago for Davis or Amir.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gwrighter View Post
    Even though he's taken responsibility he won't change. He is what he is...trade him.
    They are trying it seems.