Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Niese, Wheeler, Harvey

I've just been thinking at how incredibly good the three of these pitchers could be leading our rotation for the next 6-10 years. We are so close to putting together great team, we just have to fix our OF problems and our bullpen problems. Perhaps add another star player, and we can make the post season.

Just a thought.

vCash
    agreed, those 3 guys I love.

vCash
    Those 3 do get me excited as well. Obviously, a team of players has to be build around them, but that's a great core for a starting rotation. Those 3 could end up being atop the Mets starting rotation for years to come, hopefully. Add those 3 with some of the other young arms in the Mets system and that can be pretty exciting to think about. Now, obviously, a lot can go wrong, but it's exciting to think about.

vCash
    I don't love Wheeler yet until I see him in the big leagues. Seeing both pitch, I think I like Harvey better.

vCash
    I love the movement on wheelers fastball, its has crazy tail to it at 96-97mph which is crazy.

vCash
    Now we just need some more hitters and a bullpen to go around these three and we'd be in good shape.

vCash
    Dont forget Michael Fulmer. He's still 2 or 3 years away from the bigs, but this kid has the makeup to be another future longterm starter for us. Can't wait.

vCash
    the "optimistic" side of my brain agrees that these guys could be a very, solid pitching force for years to come...my "cautious" side of my brain says, fear the ghosts of Steve Avery, Izzy, Paul Wilson optimism ...

vCash
    Love the future of this club, is strawberry ready o make the jump from tidewater this spring?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradHolt4CYoung View Post
    Dont forget Michael Fulmer. He's still 2 or 3 years away from the bigs, but this kid has the makeup to be another future longterm starter for us. Can't wait.
    Agreed. I'm very high on Fulmer. I was very happy when the Mets took him with their 2nd pick in the draft. He was overlooked because he came from the same area as some other top pitchers, but he has a ton of potential. I think his season last year was somewhat overlooked by some. He was a teenager playing in a full season league and pitched great. He has 2 potential plus pitches already and scouts have said he's like a bull dog on the mound and has a great mound presence. He's one of those pitchers in the Mets system that are in the lower levels, but have a ton of potential. Him along with guys like Tapia, Mateo, and Montero among others, I think are going to represent the next wave of Mets top pitching prospects behind Harvey, Wheeler, Mejia, and Familia.

vCash

Niese, Wheeler, Harvey

Looks like the Yankees could use fulmer now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vtmet View Post
    the "optimistic" side of my brain agrees that these guys could be a very, solid pitching force for years to come...my "cautious" side of my brain says, fear the ghosts of Steve Avery, Izzy, Paul Wilson optimism ...
    Steve Avery? You mean bill Pulsipher?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Moroni View Post
    Has to be..

He's having Brave flashbacks of the early 90s too i guess..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Moroni View Post
    no...I meant Avery...not every comparison is linked to the Mets...

Avery made the majors at age 20...and in his first Full seasons in the majors (age 21-23) compiled a 3.17 ERA while winning 47 games...
    http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...ching_standard

The young talented LHP had the world by the...

and then the wheels fell off the bus for Avery...
    his career ended at age 29, only winning 44 more games in the next 6 seasons while compiling a 4.85 ERA...

Pulsipher, never enjoyed the success in the majors that Niese already has...

so for the score card:
    Avery was the dark shadow for Niese;
    Izzy was the dark shadow for Harvey (RHP power pitcher with a short history of success in the majors);
    Wilson was the dark shadow for Wheeler;

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradHolt4CYoung View Post
    The laws of pitching attrition stated that only 1 of 3 highly touted prospects will amount to anything in the majors.

So if you are looking at Tapia, Montero and Fulmer. Only only will be any good.
    The question is which one?

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast