Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Far Cry 3 Discussion

Has anyone played it yet? I heard the campaign is a lot of fun and wanted to see if anyone got a chance to pick it up and share their thoughts.

vCash
    Heard it's solid and kinda like Skyrim with guns.

Will play at some point.

vCash
    When i wrestled a great white shark and then stabbed it to death, thats when i knew the game was good.

Just read some reviews man.. This game is killing it right now.

vCash
    For me what will make or break this game is the amount of content. An big open world game to me, is only as good as the amount of stuff you can do in that world. Farcry 2 had a great open world, with nothing to do in it. I want a reason to explore.
    Last edited by Kashmir13579; 12-09-2012 at 07:48 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashmir13579 View Post
    When i wrestled a great white shark and then stabbed it to death, thats when i knew the game was good.

Just read some reviews man.. This game is killing it right now.
    Wrestled a Great White? That is awesome. I am getting this game for sure now.

vCash
    Likely getting it this week as a reward for finishing the semester

vCash
    Asking for it for Christmas. From what I've read, it's supposed to be really good.

vCash
    Never played Far Cry 1 or 2 but will I be alright going straight to this one? Anything compared to Skyrim and Fallout definitely peaks my interest

vCash
    I just run around killing everything

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk27 View Post
    Never played Far Cry 1 or 2 but will I be alright going straight to this one? Anything compared to Skyrim and Fallout definitely peaks my interest
    Its not really like Skyrim or Fallout.. The biggest similarity is a huge map. I prefer the smooth combat in Farcry over what i would consider to be clumsy combat in Skyrim. Also Far Cry is a shooter and not an RPG. Although, there are some RPG elements, kind of like Bioshock.

Also, Skyrim doesn't have waverunners.

This game reminds me of a polished Just Cause 2 with a solid story, minus the flying elements.
    Last edited by Kashmir13579; 12-10-2012 at 11:46 PM.

vCash
    Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashmir13579 View Post
    Its not really like Skyrim or Fallout.. The biggest similarity is a huge map. I prefer the smooth combat in Farcry over what i would consider to be clumsy combat in Skyrim. Also Far Cry is a shooter and not an RPG. Although, there are some RPG elements, kind of like Bioshock.

Also, Skyrim doesn't have waverunners.

This game reminds me of a polished Just Cause 2 with a solid story, minus the flying elements.
    Even if it isn't Fallout or Skyrim, being compared to "kind of like Bioshock" isn't too shabby either lol.

You are correct, Skyrim does not have waverunners

vCash
    Picking up the game tonight I think.

vCash
    The way I would describe this game is like a combination of a modern day Skyrim and Just Cause 2.

The story is pretty good, I didn't finish it cause I only rented the game. I don't feel like there is enough to do with the world being as big as it is. I wish there was more of a variety of guns, vehicles, and stuff like that.

vCash
    This game is closer to Red Dead Redemption than it is to Skyrim. It really has nothing in common with Skyrim except a big open map and the ability to craft things. The 3 main elements of the sidequests are identical to RDD, you have to clear enemy forts, you have to hunt specific animals, and you have quests where you deliver supplies but have to do it in the allotted amount of time.

I've played 10-15 hours of the game so far, and I'm loving it although I do have some complaints. The side quests are completely random and unrelated to the story whatsoever, and for a lot of them the rewards are pretty marginal (except for the hunting quests). Most of the cars are pretty tough to drive, especially the quad which drives like you're always on ice, but since there aren't a lot of waypoints you have to choose between running there or driving. The loot system is pretty boring, you don't find weapons in crates or anything like that, but instead you find money and items which can be sold but have no use otherwise. Finding relics and lost letters can be tedious but for the most part its worth it in the long run. I've been clearing each area of relics/letters before I move to the next and I've been rewarded with a few awesome guns as a result. Finally money is pretty useless in that game, if you're patient most of the weapons are eventually given to you for free, the upgrades are really cheap, and ammo is fairly cheap too.

The negatives aside the game is still very good. Using stealth in the game is fun and can be challenging, and I think clearing out enemy forts is my favorite part so far. With a silenced sniper rifle and a couple of mines you can take out the whole fort without being spotted if you plan it all out correctly.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast