Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who wins this hypothetical matchup?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pretty Boy Floyd, aka Money

5 45.45%
  • Sergio Maravilla Martinez

6 54.55%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    Because Floyd isn't afraid to fight the best to prove that he still is the best. Martinez is a more credible opponent than Guerrero, but I would pay to watch both. THe only issue with this fight is the weight really, if it were more manageable this would have already happened or about to happen in the near future.
    He doesn't have the reputation for dodging fighters for fun. He's been known to not take opportunities that have presented themselves. He could've fought Margarito, Mosley and Cotto in their prime on more than one occassion (before AND after DLH). It never came true until he fought the latter when he came back from retirement.

And if he's so willing to fight the best, why hasn't this fight happened by now? Martineze has been calling out Floyd for years. This fight could've happened last year but he chose Ortiz despite Martinez being the bigger draw.

No one in boxing wants to fight Martinez. He's a legit threat to anyone. There's a reason Pacquiao, Cotto, Canelo, Mayweather, etc haven't fought against Martinez, because they are all scared.

Hatton was a bigger draw than The Punisher Williams, WARgarito, and Cotto all were.
    LOLOLOLOL.

Margarito and Cotto were definitely bigger draws. Puerto Rican and Mexican fighters have a bigger boxing market than British. Not to mention people would be more interested to see him fight Cotto or Margarito over Hatton. Paul Williams wasn't a big draw at the time, but he was a top 5 P4P fighter by numerous websites for at least 2-3 years but it never happened.

Also, Mosley-Mayweather should've happened WELL BEFORE Hatton (they could've fought before DLH as well but he ended up fighting Judah and Baldomir).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    He doesn't have the reputation for dodging fighters for fun. He's been known to not take opportunities that have presented themselves. He could've fought Margarito, Mosley and Cotto in their prime on more than one occassion (before AND after DLH). It never came true until he fought the latter when he came back from retirement.

And if he's so willing to fight the best, why hasn't this fight happened by now? Martineze has been calling out Floyd for years. This fight could've happened last year but he chose Ortiz despite Martinez being the bigger draw.

No one in boxing wants to fight Martinez. He's a legit threat to anyone. There's a reason Pacquiao, Cotto, Canelo, Mayweather, etc haven't fought against Martinez, because they are all scared.

LOLOLOLOL.

Margarito and Cotto were definitely bigger draws. Puerto Rican and Mexican fighters have a bigger boxing market than British. Not to mention people would be more interested to see him fight Cotto or Margarito over Hatton. Paul Williams wasn't a big draw at the time, but he was a top 5 P4P fighter by numerous websites for at least 2-3 years but it never happened.

Also, Mosley-Mayweather should've happened WELL BEFORE Hatton (they could've fought before DLH as well but he ended up fighting Judah and Baldomir).
    Politics of boxing kept Floyd out of the ring with certain opponents, and Ortiz was a highly commendable opponent at the time for Floyd, and Sergio is barely known in the US still, so it's not like the draws weren't comparable.

Also you are seriously underrating Hattons fanbase if you think Cotto, Williams and Margarito draw more. Maybe Cotto and Margarito, but not by alot. Williams? you mention him being a top ranked fighter like it means he had draw, so were Devon Alexander and Tim Bradley and no one knows Alexander, and no one knew Bradley til he beat Pacquiao.

Also, did you just mention Baldomir?

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    Politics of boxing kept Floyd out of the ring with certain opponents, and Ortiz was a highly commendable opponent at the time for Floyd, and Sergio is barely known in the US still, so it's not like the draws weren't comparable.
    Everyone wanted Floyd to fight Pacquiao at the time and if not Pacquiao, Martinez. Martinez was already a top 3 P4P and would have definately drawn more than Ortiz. I find no reason.

Also you are seriously underrating Hattons fanbase if you think Cotto, Williams and Margarito draw more. Maybe Cotto and Margarito, but not by alot. Williams? you mention him being a top ranked fighter like it means he had draw, so were Devon Alexander and Tim Bradley and no one knows Alexander, and no one knew Bradley til he beat Pacquiao.

Also, did you just mention Baldomir?
    I'm not underrating Hatton's fanbase. They were all going to be bigger draws (maybe not Williams). I never mentioned Top Rank. I just said Cotto, Margarito, and Mosley bigger draws than Hatton, and certainly more of a challenge back in 2007. If Mayweather was a big star draw, he should've been able to get at least 1 million viewers but he didn't. Yet when Cotto and Margarito went in their first big PPV against a star, they drew at least 1 million each time. So if Cotto and Margarito aren't big draws, why is it they cracked 1 million PPV buys but Hatton didn't?

And yes I mentioned Baldomir. Cotto, Margarito and Mosley were bigger draws and more of a challenge. Instead, Baldomir was the opponent chosen for Floyd.

vCash
    Floyd kept Floyd out of the ring with cetain opponents.

When your cash king you can fight whoever you want, politics mean nothing at that point.

You guys all seem to forget, the hype for margarita and cotto to fight him at one point was huge. He fought neither.

Floyd had a fight with pacquiao completely done and rdy to go, cntracts were done, everythng was agreed upon, it was Floyd who found a way to back out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AddiX View Post
    Floyd kept Floyd out of the ring with cetain opponents.

When your cash king you can fight whoever you want, politics mean nothing at that point.

You guys all seem to forget, the hype for margarita and cotto to fight him at one point was huge. He fought neither.

Floyd had a fight with pacquiao completely done and rdy to go, cntracts were done, everythng was agreed upon, it was Floyd who found a way to back out.
    Didn't TR have an $8 mil contract offer for Floyd to fight Margarito? And that's not even including what his new promoter would've owed him.

Also, he could've fought Manny back in 2009. Floyd announced he was coming back the day before Pacquiao-Hatton. All he had to do was wait 1 more day and he could've fought Pacquiao.

vCash

martinez could totally take mayweather

Mayweather hasnt fought anyone with mara's speed and technique in a very long time. Mara could easily use his speed to penetrate floyd's shoulder roll. Floyds power certainly wouldnt be a factor because mara has campaigned against middle weight's hardes hitters such as pavlik and chavez jr. Most odds would be against floyd so he wouldnt ever take the fight. A " number one pound for pound fighter" should only be taking on the very best boxing has to offer, which floyd has stopped doing even though it would be great for the sport.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikelennon View Post
    Mayweather hasnt fought anyone with mara's speed and technique in a very long time. Mara could easily use his speed to penetrate floyd's shoulder roll. Floyds power certainly wouldnt be a factor because mara has campaigned against middle weight's hardes hitters such as pavlik and chavez jr. Most odds would be against floyd so he wouldnt ever take the fight. A " number one pound for pound fighter" should only be taking on the very best boxing has to offer, which floyd has stopped doing even though it would be great for the sport.
    Floyd can implement his jab and run technique that he used to use and win with ease. Martinez is always fighting with his hands low. It'd be a good fight that's for sure
    The Autumn Wind is a Raider

vCash
    Still don't understand why this hasn't happened. Mayweather has been more than willing to go to 154 and Martinez has said he'll go down. He says he wants to fight twice this year. He better fight 1 of Martinez or Alvarez.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable650 View Post
    Floyd can implement his jab and run technique that he used to use and win with ease. Martinez is always fighting with his hands low. It'd be a good fight that's for sure
    I didn't fully appreciate the beauty of Mayweather's movements, until I saw Berto try to imitate them. Worlds apart.
    --DEUS CARITAS EST--
    LIGHT UP THE HALO!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HILLBILLYBLACK View Post
    I didn't fully appreciate the beauty of Mayweather's movements, until I saw Berto try to imitate them. Worlds apart.
    I hate the jab and run it pisses me off because its boring but it works. When iron boy Calderon got his *** beat by Segura I threw a party all sunday. I hate that style but it works. I wouldn't hate it as much if they didn't clinch as much

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HILLBILLYBLACK View Post
    My friend sparred Berto and said overall he isn't that great defensively, to say the least.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

vCash
    Did he spar with him when he was at Undisputed?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable650 View Post
    Did he spar with him when he was at Undisputed?
    It was after he lost to Victor Ortiz, but before his next fight I believe.

vCash
    Yea pretty sure he trained at Undisputed in San Carlos for that one

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12