Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGBREED View Post
    Breaking News!

BigBreed has the ideal trade:
    New Orleans trade their 15th pick (1st RD)w/ RB- Chris Ivory to the Cincinnati Bengals for their 21st(1st Rd) and the 37th(2nd Rd) picks!

New Orleans Saints picks:
    Rd1 (21st) OLB - Dion Jordan / NG- Jessie Williams
    Rd2 (37th) NT - Jessie Williams / CB- Tharold Simon
    Rd3 (75th) CB - Tharold Simon
    Rd4 (106th) WR - Quinton Patton
    Rd5 (137th) CB - Blidi Wreh Wilson
    Rd6 (173th) NG - Kwame Geathers
    Rd7 (204th) OT - Alex Hurst

* All Picks may change pending Combine/Pro Day workouts!'
    That could work, I'd switch Simon and Patton though, Patton isn't getting out of the 3rd round and Simon should fall. Geathers in the 6th may be a stretch, but I could see it happening.

I would be very happy with that draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Underdogz∞ View Post
    I'd take Mingo over Jones too guess I'm an idiot too.

vCash
    Breaking News!

BigBreed has the ideal trade:
    New Orleans trade their 15th pick (1st RD)w/ RB- Chris Ivory to the Cincinnati Bengals for their 21st(1st Rd) and the 37th(2nd Rd) picks!

New Orleans Saints picks:
    Rd1 (21st) OLB - Dion Jordan / NG- Jessie Williams
    Rd2 (37th) NT - Jessie Williams / CB- Tharold Simon
    Rd3 (75th) CB - Tharold Simon
    Rd4 (106th) WR - Quinton Patton
    Rd5 (137th) CB - Blidi Wreh Wilson
    Rd6 (173th) NG - Kwame Geathers
    Rd7 (204th) OT - Alex Hurst

* All Picks may change pending Combine/Pro Day workouts!'
    Wreh Wilson is an interesting guy. Big, but bad hips and not much in the speed department will hurt him big time outside of zone coverage. Looked good playing that in the Senior Bowl, but had trouble during the week with press and man coverage. There's something off about Alex Hurst and I wouldn't even put him on the draft board until I grilled him about leaving his team at the Combine interviews. Those will be key for him.

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

vCash
    Who would the Saints take in the 3rd if they had to go Williams and Simon with the first 2 picks?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iamaj View Post
    Who would the Saints take in the 3rd if they had to go Williams and Simon with the first 2 picks?
    3rd- ILB- Te'o
    4th- OLB- Chase Thomas
    5th- C- Braxton Cave
    6th- WR- Taveras King
    7th- WR- Ace Sanders

*All players selected can change due to Combine/Pro Day workouts!

@ Neo, the Saints 3-4 defense will play zone on the back end! Some man2man will be mixed in but this is strictly zone coverages!
    Last edited by BIGBREED; 01-27-2013 at 04:02 PM.
    I officially now have a "Stephen" following me!

From my Stephen-
    "Ya damn near ran one of the most ride or die for the Saint fans on here. But that's ok, all that gon change!"
    "I'm gon get with ya every time u try to disrespect other Saints fans!"
    "I wish he opens his mouth!"
    "It's a new day Saints Forum!"

http://youtu.be/7AjWj91B7fo

Time Will Tell My Accuracy's

vCash
    3rd- ILB- Te'o
    4th- OLB- Chase Thomas
    5th- C- Braxton Cave
    6th- WR- Taveras King
    7th- WR- Ace Sanders

*All players selected can change due to Combine/Pro Day workouts!

@ Neo, the Saints 3-4 defense will play zone on the back end! Some man2man will be mixed in but this is strictly zone coverages!
    where did you see that?
    "I am and always will be- The Optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes. The dreamer of improbable dreams."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by saintsfan33 View Post
    where did you see that?
    Lmao...
    It's just common sense that I'm going with saint33. Most to all 3-4 defenses play zone on the back end while mixing in man coverages. Dick LeBeau uses the " Zone Blitz" copying that old Denver Orange-Crush defense back in the late 80s. BUT, it we are getting Romeo and/or Mangini, that will dictate what type of 3-4 defensive front7 strategy that we will use. Bcuz that's from under the Bill Parcells philosophy of the 3-4 w/ some twist in terminologies the better suit today's NFL!

Study the 3-4 info that I'm posting!Dont just doubt me making yourself look silly just bcuz you dislike me. The info I'm posting is VERY informative and it's fun to read/learn about it!

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles...-ryan-defenses
    Last edited by BIGBREED; 01-27-2013 at 05:17 PM.

From my Stephen-
    "Ya damn near ran one of the most ride or die for the Saint fans on here. But that's ok, all that gon change!"

vCash
    Lmao...
    It's just common sense that I'm going with saint33. Most to all 3-4 defenses play zone on the back end while mixing in man coverages. Dick LeBeau uses the " Zone Blitz" copying that old Denver Orange-Crush defense back in the late 80s. BUT, it we are getting Romeo and/or Mangini, that will dictate what type of 3-4 defensive front7 strategy that we will use. Bcuz that's from under the Bill Parcells philosophy of the 3-4 w/ some twist in terminologies the better suit today's NFL!

Study the 3-4 info that I'm posting!Dont just doubt me making yourself look silly just bcuz you dislike me. The info I'm posting is VERY informative and it's fun to read/learn about it!

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles...-ryan-defenses
    not doubting you at all my man, was just asking. How do our current CBs fit with the new 34?
    "I am and always will be- The Optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes. The dreamer of improbable dreams."

vCash
    not doubting you at all my man, was just asking. How do our current CBs fit with the new 34?
    On the CB's in the Basic 3-4 Defense, we'll need bigger Press-Cover CBs who can give run support. Unlike the 4-3 defense, we really don't need a "lock down CB" but if we were to get one in a draft, it just makes a 3-4 defensive scheme all the more difficult to throw against!

My requirements are
    6'0 hgt on ^
    195lbs on ^
    -Top Heavy;long arms
    -Physical in Run-support & press cover
    -balanced in zone & man coverages

From my Stephen-

vCash
    On the CB's in the Basic 3-4 Defense, we'll need bigger Press-Cover CBs who can give run support. Unlike the 4-3 defense, we really don't need a "lock down CB" but if we were to get one in a draft, it just makes a 3-4 defensive scheme all the more difficult to throw against!

My requirements are
    6'0 hgt on ^
    195lbs on ^
    -Top Heavy;long arms
    -Physical in Run-support & press cover
    -balanced in zone & man coverages
    Anyone you like on the roster currently? / anyone on the roster who doesn't fit?

vCash
    Anyone you like on the roster currently? / anyone on the roster who doesn't fit?
    Honestly most CBs can play in both 3-4 & 4-3 defense, it just depends on the scheme and what it asks for in the secondary that make the defense works! But CB- Cory White is ideal for what we are looking for paper measurement wise! PRob even though loses his technique and will get caught flat-footed, is a prototypical CB. Greer is getting old, and the rest of the CBs has to go! Harper showed confidence in zone coverage but could be traded or Payton may keep Harper and trade the struggling Malcolm Jenkins!

Cory White- must continue improvement
    PRob- can play zone;is a ballhawk
    Greer- restructure contract or released

Roman Harper- can play in this defense;blitzing in the box
    Malcolm Jenkins- has struggled in coverage(backups played better)
    Last edited by BIGBREED; 01-27-2013 at 08:15 PM.

From my Stephen-

vCash
    The Saints need to free up some money, so let it come from the defense. Aside from Lofton, Jordan, Hicks and a couple others making the bare minimum, hardly anyone earned their money. Vilma, Jenkins, Smith, Chamberlain, and Harper (cap hits of $7.1M and $7.9M the next two seasons) can leave town. Shanle and Ellis are FAs, so don't let the door hit you on the way out. I'm iffy on Greer. $5.4M cap hit next season. With BB restructure him or say good-bye.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iamaj View Post
    The Saints need to free up some money, so let it come from the defense. Aside from Lofton, Jordan, Hicks and a couple others making the bare minimum, hardly anyone earned their money. Vilma, Jenkins, Smith, Chamberlain, and Harper (cap hits of $7.1M and $7.9M the next two seasons) can leave town. Shanle and Ellis are FAs, so don't let the door hit you on the way out. I'm iffy on Greer. $5.4M cap hit next season. With BB restructure him or say good-bye.
    If we let him go, we could draft a CB like a Tharold Simon/Johnathan Banks/Trufant/Poyer or even a Alford type player!
    Last edited by BIGBREED; 01-28-2013 at 08:58 AM.

From my Stephen-

vCash
    If we let him go, we could draft a CB like a Tharold Simon/Johnathan Banks/Trufant/Poyer or even a Alford type player!
    Unfortunately, my boy Desmon Trufant played so well in the Senior Bowl, that he looks like a 1st or early 2nd round lock. Banks is probably in the same range.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by neovenator250 View Post
    Unfortunately, my boy Desmon Trufant played so well in the Senior Bowl, that he looks like a 1st or early 2nd round lock. Banks is probably in the same range.
    I know and I agree, but somebody will slip/fall from out of the 1st RD. Everybody can't stay in the 1st RD, so the SAINTS still should get a really good player if we trade down in the 1st to get a 2nd RD pick!
    #CincinnatiBengals 21st & 37th

PLUS, some of these teams will gamble on those sorry-azz QB's in this years draft!

From my Stephen-

vCash
    I know and I agree, but somebody will slip/fall from out of the 1st RD. Everybody can't stay in the 1st RD, so the SAINTS still should get a really good player if we trade down in the 1st to get a 2nd RD pick!
    #CincinnatiBengals 21st & 37th

PLUS, some of these teams will gamble on those sorry-azz QB's in this years draft!
    Oh, well my comment was considering our current position. If we're able to pull out a trade to get an early #2 then awesome. Not sure how well your trade offer would be received by the Bengals, though. They do need a compliment to The Lawfirm, but its not taking into consideration the diminishing value placed on players, especially non-premium ones, at draft time. Its the time of year where player value is at its lowest and draft pick values are highest.

Can't wait to see teams blow draft picks gambling on QB's this year though the more the better

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast