Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGBREED View Post
    ....and that's the reason! Thanks for saying it for me. It would've been excepted easily from me. Lol)
    Like I said, there are other reason that dictated his few negative play this year. Change of position bcuz of his ball skills, but lets imagine him as a NFL SS. Yes sirrrr!

FYI
    LSU don't shift their defenders on the field, they flip their coverages due to the DE and the secondary CBs ability to play both positions, including their safeties in some coverages!
    That's why I couldn't stand Simon...he would tip off the coverage by how far his dumbass was playing off of the LOS. He was such a dead give away.

I saw Reid play a lot of centerfield...or at least cover 2/3's of the backend as opposed to Loston playing 1/3. It never looked like an even zone.

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but as much as I've hated Harper in the past, is he really the guy on our Defense we need to draft a replacement for in the 1st round? I don't think so...and I feel like punching myself in the face for saying it, but I'd like to keep Harper if cap isn't an issue.

A team like the Steelers or New England would be a great landing spot for Reid. LeBeau would love to mold that beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Underdogz∞ View Post
    I'd take Mingo over Jones too guess I'm an idiot too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MT3279 View Post
    That's why I couldn't stand Simon...he would tip off the coverage by how far his dumbass was playing off of the LOS. He was such a dead give away.

I saw Reid play a lot of centerfield...or at least cover 2/3's of the backend as opposed to Loston playing 1/3. It never looked like an even zone.

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but as much as I've hated Harper in the past, is he really the guy on our Defense we need to draft a replacement for in the 1st round? I don't think so...and I feel like punching myself in the face for saying it, but I'd like to keep Harper if cap isn't an issue. T

A team like the Steelers or New England would be a great landing spot for Reid. LeBeau would love to mold that beast.
    Honestly MT, I don't want to get rid of Harper but our financial situation might dictate that we have to plus along with gaining more draft picks to add better athletes on our team. Harpers is a really good trading chip with value for us!
    On LSU defense they would play man or zone on the backend, with a cover 1 or cover 2 look giving both safeties responsibilities in the defense which the offensive set dictated by running check downs in the middle of the field from blitzes. Offense couldn't do to Chavis defense what people do to the saints defense bcuz Chavis defense wasn't predictable by his players limitations in coverage responsibilities.

Plus, any rookie that's brought in will have a learning curve which should cause the saints defense to sputter early in the season. Another reason why I would love to keep Harper. He should ball-out his second yr in Spags defense!
    I officially now have a "Stephen" following me!

From my Stephen-
    "Ya damn near ran one of the most ride or die for the Saint fans on here. But that's ok, all that gon change!"
    "I'm gon get with ya every time u try to disrespect other Saints fans!"
    "I wish he opens his mouth!"
    "It's a new day Saints Forum!"

http://youtu.be/7AjWj91B7fo

Time Will Tell My Accuracy's

vCash
    Who dat
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

vCash
    Honestly MT, I don't want to get rid of Harper but our financial situation might dictate that we have to plus along with gaining more draft picks to add better athletes on our team. Harpers is a really good trading chip with value for us!
    On LSU defense they would play man or zone on the backend, with a cover 1 or cover 2 look giving both safeties responsibilities in the defense which the offensive set dictated by running check downs in the middle of the field from blitzes. Offense couldn't do to Chavis defense what people do to the saints defense bcuz Chavis defense wasn't predictable by his players limitations in coverage responsibilities.

Plus, any rookie that's brought in will have a learning curve which should cause the saints defense to sputter early in the season. Another reason why I would love to keep Harper. He should ball-out his second yr in Spags defense!
    If a Safety needs to be replaced, it's Jenkins. He always looks like he's against the learning curve. Lol! Yeah, Harper is around a 7mil cap hit IIRC...not sure who would take him with that contract, but I'd love to get a pick for him instead of just cutting him.

vCash
    If a Safety needs to be replaced, it's Jenkins. He always looks like he's against the learning curve. Lol! Yeah, Harper is around a 7mil cap hit IIRC...not sure who would take him with that contract, but I'd love to get a pick for him instead of just cutting him.
    Agreed, you're dead on!

How does that new CBA works with all teams having to spend x amount of dollars per yer? Does trading for a big contract player counts toward that teams spending bill total for that off-season? Ihdk....
    Last edited by BIGBREED; 01-19-2013 at 03:42 PM.

From my Stephen-
    "Ya damn near ran one of the most ride or die for the Saint fans on here. But that's ok, all that gon change!"

vCash
    Agreed, you're dead on!

How does that new CBA works with all teams having to spend x amount of dollars per yer? Does trading for a big contract player counts toward that teams spending bill total for that off-season? Ihdk....
    The team trading for the player would only absorb the base pay of the contract (and yearly incentives). The team trading the player has to cover the entire signing bonus the season they trade him, instead of having the bonus prorated throughout the length of the deal.

vCash
    The team trading for the player would only absorb the base pay of the contract (and yearly incentives). The team trading the player has to cover the entire signing bonus the season they trade him, instead of having the bonus prorated throughout the length of the deal.
    Got you great info

From my Stephen-

vCash
    Breaking News!!!!!

OT- Justin Pugh has short arms!
    *take him off my list

[Aint't Nobody Got Time For That]

From my Stephen-

vCash
    Here is my draft board:

Jarvis Jones, OLB UGA
    Tavon Austin, WR WVU

(Yes, I would draft Austin at #15 even with last year's defensive performance)
    !WhoDat!

vCash
    Lol.. He does have short arms but he's got pretty good power and can anchor.
    !WhoDat!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoDat View Post
    Here is my draft board:

Jarvis Jones, OLB UGA
    Tavon Austin, WR WVU

(Yes, I would draft Austin at #15 even with last year's defensive performance)
    Jones MAY drop, but I don't think he'll fall all the way to 15. Austin is a SERIOUS reach, even though I do think he's damn talented. We gotta draft personnel for our new Defensive alignment, bro, as much as I want new weapons on Offense (or a Left Tackle), we gotta get some 3-4 guys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoDat View Post
    Lol.. He does have short arms but he's got pretty good power and can anchor.
    Dude, picture the Big Bully with his arms extended on the little kids head, who's to small and short to reach him. In the NFL, if you have a liability, it will get exposed! And long arms is a MUST in the trenches!

From my Stephen-

vCash
    Dude, picture the Big Bully with his arms extended on the little kids head, who's to small and short to reach him. In the NFL, if you have a liability, it will get exposed! And long arms is a MUST in the trenches!
    I just hammered away at the Radial or Median nerves when they did that.

Hard to block anything when you can't lift your arms...but I'm a **** like that

vCash
    I just hammered away at the Radial or Median nerves when they did that.

Hard to block anything when you can't lift your arms...but I'm a **** like that
    Lmao

From my Stephen-

vCash
    Breaking News!

BigBreed has the ideal trade:
    New Orleans trade their 15th pick (1st RD)w/ RB- Chris Ivory to the Cincinnati Bengals for their 21st(1st Rd) and the 37th(2nd Rd) picks!

New Orleans Saints picks:
    Rd1 (21st) OLB - Dion Jordan / NG- Jessie Williams
    Rd2 (37th) NT - Jessie Williams / CB- Tharold Simon
    Rd3 (75th) CB - Tharold Simon
    Rd4 (106th) WR - Quinton Patton
    Rd5 (137th) CB - Blidi Wreh Wilson
    Rd6 (173th) NG - Kwame Geathers
    Rd7 (204th) OT - Alex Hurst

* All Picks may change pending Combine/Pro Day workouts!'

From my Stephen-

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast