Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 68 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bling24 View Post
    Youkilis would be my preference between Morse and he, but the more I look at things, if we sign swisher, I would be all about signing a guy like Cody Ross.
    A Swish, and Ross signing would be alright by me, and give us money left to extend Felix and maybe sign a big FA next season.

vCash
    I don't get the Cody Ross hype.

At all. Just keep Saunders in over signing Ross
    I'm In.

vCash
    I think that Ross is a little more proven at the major league level than Saunders. I am not saying cut ties with Saunders, but it also gives insurance behind the oft-injured Guti.

vCash
    yea i dont think the idea is ross over saunders.

i think they are looking to add 2, maybe 3 offensive players at OF/1b/DH.

saunders in the mix for sure. they are looking for a RF, possibly 1b, DH vs LHP (as of now jaso is C vs RHP, montero DH, slides to C vs LHP). guti is a wildcard, i could see him dealt, or OD CF, or 4th OFer.

vCash
    Guys Im extremely bullish on Saunders. Im talking 30/30 bullish. I think he's just getting warmed up.

vCash
    Well there's not room for Ross if we factor in Bay, Saunders, Wells, Guti, Thames and hopefuls Swisher or Hamilton.

I don't see Ross as much (if any) upgrade over Saunders. There are better options out there than Ross. I'll take Saunders upside at a MUCH cheaper rate 10/10
    I'm In.

vCash
    Bay's not really a factor for me. He's plan B or C.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FWBrodie View Post
    Guys Im extremely bullish on Saunders. Im talking 30/30 bullish. I think he's just getting warmed up.
    ditto, hes the toolsiest player we have.

i think he should hit leadoff. had 19hrs, 3hr weeks 3x, 1 week of 4. still young if he can hold on to that stroke a little longer and w/ fences coming in that total is going to rise.

also, over 1/3 of his games he hit 7-9, i think if he bats 1 all year hes very close to 30/30. i can see other teams honing in on him for a trade but i hope we hold on.

also, from all accounts, he works his tail off, if he keeps that up hes gonna have a big year. his D is + at all OF spots too.

vCash
    cue the jeopardy song...

i wonder if Ms have made an official offer to JH.

i cant imagine that if we dont get hamilton, swisher is ours. i wouldnt be shocked if we landed both either. but i dont know how long hamilton can sit on the pot w/out Ms signing swisher and or youk, which could take $ off hamilton's offer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FWBrodie View Post
    Bay's not really a factor for me. He's plan B or C.
    Yeah Bay is a DH when Montero catches and that is about it. Might play some OF, but he sucks out there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain City View Post
    ditto, hes the toolsiest player we have.

i think he should hit leadoff. had 19hrs, 3hr weeks 3x, 1 week of 4. still young if he can hold on to that stroke a little longer and w/ fences coming in that total is going to rise.

also, over 1/3 of his games he hit 7-9, i think if he bats 1 all year hes very close to 30/30. i can see other teams honing in on him for a trade but i hope we hold on.

also, from all accounts, he works his tail off, if he keeps that up hes gonna have a big year. his D is + at all OF spots too.
    Yeah I never said move Saunders. I think he is our CF or LF depending on who we sign. We need 2 corner OF's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    He is the same offensive player as Montero, so how about the Sox just trade a low level C prospect for him. Kind of a dumb statement.
    Maybe so far, but do you expect them to have similar careers? I dont. And i dont think many people do. Projection and potential matter.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    Im thinking we get Swisher if he has any interest at all. There just isnt a big market for these guys anymore.

Our competition as of now is the Indians, and they are one of the few teams that are less desirable than us lol.

Obviously teams come outta nowhere, but who knows. Id go 4/58 to Swish all day.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain City View Post
    cue the jeopardy song...

i wonder if Ms have made an official offer to JH.

i cant imagine that if we dont get hamilton, swisher is ours. i wouldnt be shocked if we landed both either. but i dont know how long hamilton can sit on the pot w/out Ms signing swisher and or youk, which could take $ off hamilton's offer.
    I could be way off base, but I think that Swisher will wait until Hamilton signs because that way he becomes the top prize for whoever is left and may cash in a little more than with Hamilton out there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bling24 View Post
    I could be way off base, but I think that Swisher will wait until Hamilton signs because that way he becomes the top prize for whoever is left and may cash in a little more than with Hamilton out there.
    He may do that but I don't think Hamilton will really have a factor in what happens with Swisher. I am guessing these guys all sign in the next week.

Page 5 of 68 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast