Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 68 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Braun was pretty equal, Miggy was better in 2011. Look at the stats. The only thing that he did better this year was HR and RBI, the latter of which came from having Austin Jackson on in front of him.

He had a better average, OBP, OPS, BB%, wRC+ and wOBA in 2011 than 2012.

And he didnt lead them to the WS. It's impossible for one player to lead a team. They added Prince and saw some improvements in the rotation, and saw a breakout from A Jax. Miggy took a small step back and they still won the WS.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    The Indians are pursuing Nick Swisher heavily if we don't at least land Swisher i will be in panic mode if the best we did was sign Bay.

vCash
    Sounds like a waste of time if he is comparing us to the Astros the guy sounds like he is just baiting you but if he really believes that he has no idea what he is talking about.

The Astros Major League team is awful and so is there farm system at the moment.

vCash
    The former Yankee is reportedly drawing interest from six clubs and seems likely to land a four-year deal in the $50-60 million range.
    Thoughts on 4 years/60 for Swisher? I think its a little high, I was thinking closer to 13 million if we had to go four years. I would prefer 3/39-42 at most.

vCash
    Id do 4/60. $10M less a year than Hamilton for maybe one less win a year.

But if there are 6 clubs, very little chance we get him. Any big move we make will have to come through trade it seems.
    Last edited by jej; 12-13-2012 at 08:50 AM.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    Id do 4/60. $10M less a year than Hamilton for maybe one less win a year.

But if there are 6 clubs, very little chance we get him. Any big move we make will have to come through trade it seems.

That is killing me. I would think that we could offer just as good if not a better deal than most of the other clubs. We would probably have to overpay, but I think that is what it may take at this point. I wish we would go to Swisher right now and offer him an amazing contract and not wait around for Hamilton to sign. Get something.

vCash
    Im in at 4/60. Raises the floor at 1b dramatically, adds a great veteran presence, doesn't force Smoak off the team, gives Wedge a ton of flexibility, and provides a little pop.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FWBrodie View Post
    Im in at 4/60. Raises the floor at 1b dramatically, adds a great veteran presence, doesn't force Smoak off the team, gives Wedge a ton of flexibility, and provides a little pop.

Am I wrong, why are we not focusing on Swisher right now? Give up on the Hamilton dream and focus on someone a little more realistic. I would really like to see us sign both Bourn and Swisher. I would be satisfied with that.

vCash
    We might be but this FO is tight lipped.
    I'm In.

vCash
    how would u guys feel if TX signed laroche and swisher and we got hamilton?

laroch is balking at nats 2 yr offer and they are not going to go higher. i think tx is looking for an excuse to not invest in JH, and laroch and swisher fills 2 holes for them at the roughly same price as hamilton.

if we could get JH and bourn that'd be nice, if laroch doesnt sign it means morse prolly wont be traded and i think will have to continue to find a RH bat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bling24 View Post
    Am I wrong, why are we not focusing on Swisher right now? Give up on the Hamilton dream and focus on someone a little more realistic. I would really like to see us sign both Bourn and Swisher. I would be satisfied with that.
    The Ms can't just drop out and allow Hamilton to sign a discounted deal with Texas. They have to keep pushing the price up ala Dave Hester.

vCash
    and swisher isnt going to sign until hamilton does, he wants all the attention on him.

vCash
    I agree with those last two posts, but don't you think there is a third team lurking aruond in the Hamilton sweepstakes? There always is it seems. I am just gonna be sick if we come away empty handed or with just Bay and a possible Bourn signing from this offseason.

vCash
    this has been a boring *** offseason so far.. ugh

Don't know what the M's are waiting around for... time to make a splash.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bling24 View Post
    I agree with those last two posts, but don't you think there is a third team lurking aruond in the Hamilton sweepstakes? There always is it seems. I am just gonna be sick if we come away empty handed or with just Bay and a possible Bourn signing from this offseason.
    This is totally possible and it SUCKS

Page 16 of 68 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast