Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Mahimni with a drive that makes you ask why.

#iubb

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by matthollabak View Post
    Yea that is why I didn't finish college...too many classes that didn't make sense to me that I had to take for my major which switched at least once and a few times twice a year...honestly I think I probably am a few credits away from a general studies degree with all the random classes I had to take for different majors.
    I went back and forth between like 5 majors my first year and a half before settling on Econ. I'm probably in the same boat, could graduate with a general studies degree with the amount of random classes I've taken (the worse was by far Earthquakes and Volcanoes). Technically I have enough credits to graduate this semester but according to my major requirements I still need to do 1 more semester (this is after 1-2 classes in summer school for 3 summers). Whatever. Not to get political or anything but the system for graduating in today's world is pretty liberal.

#iubb

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jacquewho? View Post
    I went back and forth between like 5 majors my first year and a half before settling on Econ. I'm probably in the same boat, could graduate with a general studies degree with the amount of random classes I've taken (the worse was by far Earthquakes and Volcanoes). Technically I have enough credits to graduate this semester but according to my major requirements I still need to do 1 more semester (this is after 1-2 classes in summer school for 3 summers). Whatever. Not to get political or anything but the system for graduating in today's world is pretty liberal.
    Yea I've heard it is getting ridiculous to graduate, especially when you get into those must take classes that are offered once a year and usually booked solid for 2...I'm sure you know by now just from my posts that I'm pretty hard headed at times, when I don't agree with something it is like they are talking a different language and that was my big problem.

I didn't understand why I was taking Astronomy when I was there for the Entrepreneurship Program (at that time)....which was by far the most terrible class I took, taught by a guy named Dr. Islam (I couldn't make this name up) who barely spoke English. He was a nice guy but couldn't understand a word the guy said about a subject I could care less about.
    Last edited by matthollabak; 12-09-2012 at 09:29 PM.

vCash
    Thankfully to address problems like that we have ratemyprofessor.com today! That's how I do my scheduling and learn about the professors when it comes to some classes.

Yea there's always a certain amount of N&M (Natural and Mathematics), A&H (Arts and Historical), and some other BS category of classes you have to take for nearly all majors, even the business/economics ones. It's just stupid. And they're making requirements even harder to graduate on time today. I think now the statistic is 1 in 4 or 5 college students doesn't graduate on time. And that's not cause of double majors or any other BS crap.

The rising tuition is somewhat related to the fact that kids are required to take between 16-18 credits/semester today. And summer school.

#iubb

vCash
    Yea I've figured out that

HAHA I found out that something like 17 credit hours got you more money in fin aid so I signed up for 17-18 credit hours got my check then automatically dropped a class or two to match my personal and work schedule then drank the extra money...it was a nice system but when you go below I think 15 and are no longer technically full time after taking full time aid a few semesters in a row they don't like you much anymore and take away your $
    Last edited by matthollabak; 12-09-2012 at 09:35 PM.

vCash
    Ha damn, that's a nice loophole. I can definitely see that. Regardless of all of this mess, the university still asks for money from the government despite a consistent 4-5% in tuition per year

The full time is 12 credits/semester btw.

#iubb

vCash
    Ha damn, that's a nice loophole. I can definitely see that. Regardless of all of this mess, the university still asks for money from the government despite a consistent 4-5% in tuition per year

The full time is 12 credits/semester btw.
    Yea it is sad to think about the money that the govt spends on things like that and the schools are still gouging you...I'm still paying for my school, but just because it helps my credit to pay more revolving loans on time and doesn't hurt me any if I don't pay it off....really I think taking that loan away by paying it off might hurt my credit since my car is paid off now. I really even didn't borrow that much money compared to what I'm sure you are looking at though since I spent a few semesters at Ivy Tech to get some cheap credits that would transfer, and didn't finish.
    Last edited by matthollabak; 12-09-2012 at 09:47 PM.

vCash
    Right now I'm in a pretty stable position, but still looking for that first job...I've had some interviews and it's looking like I could be getting an offer in the next month or so. That will really determine how things proceed from there.

I know so many kids that are going to be in debt 6 figures right out of school...it's awful. And most of my friends are doing the med school route as well.

#iubb

vCash
    Right now I'm in a pretty stable position, but still looking for that first job...I've had some interviews and it's looking like I could be getting an offer in the next month or so. That will really determine how things proceed from there.
    That's awesome. Good Luck!
    Last edited by matthollabak; 12-09-2012 at 09:51 PM.

vCash
    Thanks! But for now...back to BS'ing this paper.

#iubb

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123