Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Lmao Brb while I go kill myself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsrock229 View Post
    The amount of ignorant posts in this thread is disgusting
    Precisely how many ignorant posts does it take to bring this thread to the level of "disgusting?"

Also, any chance you can be just a tad specific about which posts are ignorant? If you dont want to call out any individually, perhaps you can cite subject matter or context?

Thanks.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY_Heartbreak View Post
    Lmao Brb while I go kill myself.
    What's "brb"???

Bring Reyes Back????

Forget it, he's gone. Get over it.

vCash
    Yes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Big Rico Brogna

vCash
    Sorry, I can't hear you over all the crying in this thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Precisely how many ignorant posts does it take to bring this thread to the level of "disgusting?"

Also, any chance you can be just a tad specific about which posts are ignorant? If you dont want to call out any individually, perhaps you can cite subject matter or context?

Thanks.
    I'm trying to figure out:
    a) Is it ignorant to be optimistic about the Mets;
    b) Is it ignorant to be pessimistic about the Mets;
    c) Is it ignorant to not care one way or another, because you just want to enjoy watching baseball regardless of how your team plays;
    d) How making a comment like that isn't considered "baiting" or "insulting other posters"?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    It's actually Top Of Rotation Pitcher.
    Yeah was too busy making a point to realize i wasn't using it correctly.

Either way same concept.
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-09-2012 at 04:54 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Serious answer, 5-10 minutes.

Answer to your more facetious question: I try to tell people something all the time. They rarely listen.

Sigh.
    Don't worry FOC i heard you loud and clear....

Was just being facetious back..

Many of your acronym points are well taken.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota48 View Post
    Big Rico Brogna
    I miss Rico Brogna.

Mainly for his name..

vCash
    With some there will never be any hope and with others there will always be too much hope.

vCash
    After 2010, the day Beltran was traded, was day one of the NY Mets rebuild. From that point forward their should have been ZERO expectations for the Playoffs until a new core was/is found. The rotation has been put together and has depth. Is it a good rotation? We will have to wait and see. We still do not have a stable core. Wright will anchor it...but nearly every other position is still up for possible upgrades, this includes 1B.

The Bullpen is going to be hobbled together every year...it just is. I am not worried until the team has been solidified...which hasn't happened yet. Now because of this there should not be any real high expectations...like...Playoffs...for 2013. Let other teams get older, let other teams go in the direction they are.

Are the Phillies, Braves, and Nats trouble? Sure. I am certain even the Marlins will give the Mets fits this season. But the Phillies got older, and hardly any depth at all. As we saw last season if certain players go down, the have no one to step in. The Braves have historically been a pain in the NL East, but adding Upton and losing Chipper's...I don't see them as improving...just plateauing for now. The Nats have had a heck of a season...we will see if they can repeat. Which they have yet to do.

Look, no one said the Mets should be making the Playoffs by now. With that said, WHY care about the other teams, when the Mets are still building?

THANK YOU PROKY!!!

vCash
    Sorry I posted from my phone, and no it was not intended to bait or insult other posters.

It's ignorant to just say how the Mets don't have a promising future as if they haven't made progress in this rebuild. I hate when people say that they aren't going anywhere based on past experiences, specifically when they were not in rebuild mode.

I also love the argument people bring up when told to be patient, saying they've been waiting since 1986. It's not like the Mets have been trying to rebuild since 1986. You can't honestly tell me the Mets haven't made progress regarding their future since 2009/2010. Just look at their top prospects then and now. Saying we're from NY doesn't make it an automatic to just have a high payroll just because the Yankees can. You're comparing the Mets to a top 5 sports franchise of the world.

It's okay to be optimistic in certain aspects as well as pessimistic, but there are some posters that I just don't get, specifically one. Literally every post is negative in some way, even in positive threads. If there is no way a negative thing can be said, there is no post made. I fail to see his posts in positive threads and if there are, it's negative. If you're going to be that pessimistic/negative about a team and everything they do, don't be a ****ing fan. Go root for another team. It must bring enjoyment to be that negative about a team. This is a picture that I believe closely resembles that poster http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instanc...x/27223942.jpg

And I'm not trying to bait, I just don't get it, especially when the team has been making progress in their rebuild.

/EndRant

If You Ain't Huckin, You Ain't ****in

vCash
    not to get too technical...but Beltran was traded during the 2011 season, not after the 2010 season...

for me, it wasn't trading Beltran or KRod that made me lose hope for the immediate future, trading Beltran/KRod made sense... it was not even negotiating with Reyes...Being a NY team and not even trying to hold onto your most exciting player because you can't afford him is just preposterous...I'm not saying that they could have held onto him, or that they should have tried to top the Marlins bid, but to handle it the way they did was pathetic...I'm still a fan, but it left a real sour taste in my mouth towards ownership that will take more than just re-signing David Wright to fix...

and it's not about the money either...the Wilpons have spent alot of money over the years with very limited success...It does make me wonder, what a guy like the owner of the Tampa Bay Rays, who is also a New Yorker could do with a fan base as enthusiastic as the NY Mets have...The Rays have close to a playoff caliber team every year, despite being forced into a shoestring budget because of their fan base...it's about making sound baseball decisions, and the Mets haven't made a lot of those since the early to mid 80's...
    Last edited by vtmet; 12-09-2012 at 07:25 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vtmet View Post
    not to get too technical...but Beltran was traded during the 2011 season, not after the 2010 season...

for me, it wasn't trading Beltran or KRod that made me lose hope for the immediate future, trading Beltran/KRod made sense... it was not even negotiating with Reyes...Being a NY team and not even trying to hold onto your most exciting player because you can't afford him is just preposterous...I'm not saying that they could have held onto him, or that they should have tried to top the Marlins bid, but to handle it the way they did was pathetic...I'm still a fan, but it left a real sour taste in my mouth towards ownership that will take more than just re-signing David Wright to fix...

and it's not about the money either...the Wilpons have spent alot of money over the years with very limited success...It does make me wonder, what a guy like the owner of the Tampa Bay Rays, who is also a New Yorker could do with a fan base as enthusiastic as the NY Mets have...The Rays have close to a playoff caliber team every year, despite being forced into a shoestring budget because of their fan base...it's about making sound baseball decisions, and the Mets haven't made a lot of those since the early to mid 80's...
    This.

After the Reyes debacle it became painfully clear the priority was not to bring in the best players they could. Contrary to how Reyes' contract has been lampooned in here, it was very affordable and should have been matched.

It also wouldn't have killed them to bid on Carlos Beltran for another two seasons knowing we had zero outfielders. But they weren't going to bid on Beltran when the object of the game was to stockpile APHs.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast